Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by simonkenyon
there are loads of flights missing at the moment - nothing at all from BCN from tomorrow and the same for MAD. I had to hack the API using a web proxy to add the airport and flights I needed - worked OK and I got my boarding pass but not for the faint hearted!

I’ve mentioned this to BA on Twitter but unless they upload the flights soon there are going to be a lot of cheesed-off flyers, long checkin queues and potentially delayed departures tomorrow!
ba will not let you check-in (online) if you do not have verifly pass??
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by casey89
ba will not let you check-in (online) if you do not have verifly pass??
As far as I'm aware, no they won't. We are hand luggage only first thing BCN-LHR tomorrow and want to minimize queueing/maximize sleeping time - checking in online and getting an electronic boarding pass seems to be blocked until you've completed the Verifly process. I looked to see if you could do the process that BA use for outbound flights where you upload your docs to a BA portal and they are checked offline but that doesn't seem to be available
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:00 am

there are loads of flights missing at the moment - nothing at all from BCN from tomorrow and the same for MAD. I had to hack the API using a web proxy to add the airport and flights I needed - worked OK and I got my boarding pass but not for the faint hearted!

I’ve mentioned this to BA on Twitter but unless they upload the flights soon there are going to be a lot of cheesed-off flyers, long checkin queues and potentially delayed departures tomorrow!
Wish I knew how to do your workaround, I'm waiting for TFS to be added for early Feb but also checked AGP and that's missing too, is it just Spanish airports missing?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I looked to use VeriFLY for a flight from Lisbon to Heathrow tomorrow. But having the same problem - first it was only available for departures until today. Now Lisbon is not an available option. (Nor was Faro)
paulaf likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
I looked to see if you could do the process that BA use for outbound flights where you upload your docs to a BA portal and they are checked offline but that doesn't seem to be available
Wow I didn't know there is such a thing. Do you have a link? Or is it somewhere inside manage my bookings? I need to check baggage for my multi-leg trip so I gotta go to the desk and the second leg is to US so I will definitely need the Verifly to work
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wow I didn't know there is such a thing. Do you have a link? Or is it somewhere inside manage my bookings? I need to check baggage for my multi-leg trip so I gotta go to the desk and the second leg is to US so I will definitely need the Verifly to work
it is usually in MMB if available for your flight
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here is the general access link for those locations that require documentation but which don't use VeriFLY. Don't try too long on it, if it comes up with an error after the first screen that may well be due to the route not being OK for this process.

https://traveldocs.ba.com/BADigitalb...ionEmbarque_BA
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by e8steve
I looked to use VeriFLY for a flight from Lisbon to Heathrow tomorrow. But having the same problem - first it was only available for departures until today. Now Lisbon is not an available option. (Nor was Faro)
After posting this, I saw in MMB the document upload form (as mentioned in other posts and as used for outbound travel). Uploaded PLF and vaccination information yesterday evening and all sorted by the early hours. Have now been able to check in for flight from Lisbon.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:12 am

Has anyone tried reinstalling the app?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
AMS (from AMS to LON) missing for a flight this weekend - was there last week when I happily used it!

Pilot37
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:05 am

I think this is only available on flights departing from the UK, sadly. Manage My Booking for flights back to the UK points you to Verifly
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
AMS (from AMS to LON) missing for a flight this weekend - was there last week when I happily used it!

Pilot37
If you look at the drop down list of locations there's hardly any European airports listed they've pretty much all disappeared, maybe Verifly are winding it down?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:12 am

The workaround for adding flights to Verifly that are missing is unfortunately pretty complex. However if you are familiar with web/app development, the following might make sense to you (apologies to everyone else!)

The app gets its list of flights from a fairly obviously named endpoint and if you install Fiddler or Charles Proxy on a laptop and proxy your phone through this (remember to proxy all SSL domains, and add the proxy's root certificate to your phone) - you can then use the proxy's rewrite or map local tool to replace the JSON response coming back from their servers with a modified JSON containing the airport you want. You'll need to do this for each of the dropdowns. Once you've persuaded the app that the missing flights and airports exist, then the process of creating the pass proceeds normally, and you can then check in with the BA app.

As an aside I tried using another flight on the same date but from a different airport, and my BCN-LHR booking reference, hoping that the BA app just used the booking reference and date as a key, but this didn't work.
paulaf likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:59 am

I contacted support who sent me this reply:

"Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.
Our airline partners are responsible for sending us their flight schedule and sometimes there are changes that happen last minute.We have raised your request to the appropriate department and they are currently working on this situation.

In this instance please check back with the app closer to your departure time.

In case the flight is not added in a timely manner, we kindly recommend you to show all the required travel documentation at the airport and they will be verified for you at the check-in desk.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
Verifly selfie problem

First flight in ages and I've been asked to use Verifly. So I downloaded App, but I can't get past it taking my selfie to set up account. Seems that no matter how bright/dark I make it, or how close/far I am from camera, it stays with a red outline, meaning the selfie won't take. (I do have the camera enabled to work with app). Can't find anyone in this thread reporting same issue, but web search throws up several pages of very frustrated folks reporting exactly same, e.g.: Contact VeriFLY: Fast Digital Identity | Fast Customer Service/Support 2022 - JustUseApp.

Anyone had this issue and found a way around it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.