Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i just went back and counted as i've just closed out my flying for the year and of the 26 international flights in or out of LHR, i successfully used verifly for every single one with no significant issue. there was one instance my covid certificate was never verified and i had to delete my trip and start that trip over again which resolved the issue.

aside from that, everything has worked perfectly fine including the agent at LAX two nights ago asking for it and i was on my way.
Tobias-UK and Donsyb like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:49 pm
formerly JackDann

I’m flying for the first time International with BA (Codeshare) since Covid, I am yet to use Verifly.

I’m flying on QR metal from LHR and I’ll be checking in at BHD.

Will it be as easy as ensuring everything is uploaded to Verifly for when we arrive at the airport? Will the check-in staff at BHD be well versed in the documentation requirements for our destination should they require a manual check?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:00 pm

Has anyone successfully used Verifly with the recovery (with no testing) option to the US? The CDC seems to be clear and I guess the NHS recovery code would be acceptable, but I just wondered if Verifly knew about this and has enabled it. Or if not, whether BA accepted it at the desk.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:22 pm

Verifly experiences on 2 flights this month, SFO>LHR and LHR>SFO:

I experienced several of the exasperating software bugs that others have, namely:
  1. Creating an account with my middle names, when my vaccine passport doesn't include my middle names. (Solution: delete Verifly account, recreate with shorter name to match vax cert)
  2. California vaccine QR code not accepted due to "3/2 doses" from booster. (Solution: Load certificate accessible from QR code and submit that manually instead)
However after that each of my fit-to-fly tests (in person, antigen) were manually validated in <3 hours and there were no problems checking in online.

Both SFO and T5 LHR had dedicated lines for Verifly passengers to perform bag drop and each time I breezed through in less than 2 minutes with a flash of the Verifly screen and a passport. Meanwhile the manual check-in lines were pretty grim.

In terms of user experience Verifly is obviously a huge disaster, but if sufficiently battled it does provide a leg up on most of the other passengers in the form of the sort of holiday check-in speed otherwise only accessible from much more expensive fares than my current trip. A mixed bag, but can't help feeling a tad smug.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by biscuitbiscuit
Verifly experiences on 2 flights this month, SFO>LHR and LHR>SFO:

I experienced several of the exasperating software bugs that others have, namely:
  1. Creating an account with my middle names, when my vaccine passport doesn't include my middle names. (Solution: delete Verifly account, recreate with shorter name to match vax cert)
  2. California vaccine QR code not accepted due to "3/2 doses" from booster. (Solution: Load certificate accessible from QR code and submit that manually instead)
However after that each of my fit-to-fly tests (in person, antigen) were manually validated in <3 hours and there were no problems checking in online.

Both SFO and T5 LHR had dedicated lines for Verifly passengers to perform bag drop and each time I breezed through in less than 2 minutes with a flash of the Verifly screen and a passport. Meanwhile the manual check-in lines were pretty grim.

In terms of user experience Verifly is obviously a huge disaster, but if sufficiently battled it does provide a leg up on most of the other passengers in the form of the sort of holiday check-in speed otherwise only accessible from much more expensive fares than my current trip. A mixed bag, but can't help feeling a tad smug.

so you used verifly and it allowed you to bypass large lines and worked.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
so you used verifly and it allowed you to bypass large lines and worked.
I wouldn't describe it as "working" in any reasonable sense given the significant non-documented bugs that I listed there which required hours of personal unaided debugging time and effort. As I concluded, if one is willing to invest significant upfront time and effort to battle through these flaws then you have the potential of a better airport experience solely on the backs of those who are unable to do the same and are denied OLCI. Cheers.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Verifly not working on my flights to India for Jan 1, only showing options till Dec 31
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
As a reference for those whose flights aren't showing up on verifly, I used traveldocs.ba.com through MMB to upload all our forms for our upcoming flight to DEL and while it says it can take up 6 hours for a response, everything was approved within 38 minutes via e-mail. I am hoping for no issues now with OLCI in just over 2 hours as inspite of the fact that we are both Golds, no seats showing available to request for a flight that is J9C9D9R9I7 in terms of availability (so wide open). Guessing its under airport control and all seats blocked till check-in
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: AS 100K
I'm flying MEX LHR JNB CPT. Jan 12th 9pm local time MEX-LHR, Jan 13th 910pm loca time LHR-JNB.

According to the rules, SA needs a PCR test within 72hrs of trip start, UK needs it within two days before beginning of trip...So, me taking a test on morning of Jan 10th should satisfy both the UK and SA, right?

How would I got about adding my trip to Verifly?

When I add two trips, MEXLHR and LHRJNB, it tells me that for the LHRJNB, my test has to be after Jan 10th 1015pm (my timezone: 215pm US West Coast time...which means that my morning Jan 10th test would not work.

Should I just add the MEX LHR trip and then have MEX check-in agent approve me for the flight to JNB? or just forget VeriFly and take care of doc check at the check-in desk? Also, we have along layover in LHR (about 8+hrs), would we have to do anything different if we decide to go into the city? Would it reset the test requirement?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Also, we have along layover in LHR (about 8+hrs), would we have to do anything different if we decide to go into the city? Would it reset the test requirement?
Under current UK rules, entrants to the country must go straight to their place of isolation until they receive the results of a PCR test. Wandering round London, Windsor or wherever doesn’t really meet this requirement.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Just doing Veryfly for a flight from Philadelphia to London tomorrow.
Our Covid test result does not have the doctors name (test done privately by DOCTORS CLINICAL LABORATORY, INC.)

I understand Veryfly will fail? Can I still check in at the airport?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Just doing Veryfly for a flight from Philadelphia to London tomorrow.
Our Covid test result does not have the doctors name (test done privately by DOCTORS CLINICAL LABORATORY, INC.)

I understand Veryfly will fail? Can I still check in at the airport?
I think the field says "doctor's name or laboratory". So the company name is fine for that. I don't think I've ever put a doctor's name down, VeriFLY works with me putting things like Klarity Group and so on. Just so long as VeriFLY's SBO operative can relate your input with the PDF in front of them then you should be OK.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think the field says "doctor's name or laboratory". So the company name is fine for that. I don't think I've ever put a doctor's name down, VeriFLY works with me putting things like Klarity Group and so on. Just so long as VeriFLY's SBO operative can relate your input with the PDF in front of them then you should be OK.
Thank you very much CWS. EDIT: the tests have been accepted!. It's been a bit stressful: impossible to buy tests at pharmacy's in order to do Kalrity, the flight is on the 1st January which means a lot of places are closed today and tomorrow (free government site is closed here too, we had a private company teste at that location by appointment only today, thankfully got that slot!).
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Thank you very much CWS. My tests has just been accepted by VeriFly but the Mrs has been pending... It's been a bit stressful: impossible to buy tests at pharmacy's in order to do Kalrity, the flight is on the 1st January which means a lot of places are closed today and tomorrow (free government site is closed here too, we had a private company teste at that location by appointment only today, thankfully got that slot!).
There doesn't seem any rime or reason to timing, I suspect they get automatically queued off to different SBO staff and maybe yours was the top of the pile. Some manual checks take 20 minutes or so, others, on a peak travel period, took 3 plus hours. I wouldn't let it stress you, after you have done a few you will be OK, and VeriFLY is only a front end service to reduce pressure on the check-in process. It sounds like you have the material for check-in lined up so you should be able to relax really. And always have a few Lateral Flows handy, you never know when you need them.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There doesn't seem any rime or reason to timing, I suspect they get automatically queued off to different SBO staff and maybe yours was the top of the pile. Some manual checks take 20 minutes or so, others, on a peak travel period, took 3 plus hours. I wouldn't let it stress you, after you have done a few you will be OK, and VeriFLY is only a front end service to reduce pressure on the check-in process. It sounds like you have the material for check-in lined up so you should be able to relax really. And always have a few Lateral Flows handy, you never know when you need them.
Thank you so much. Quick question: we have a connecting flight same day tomorrow on AA from TPA to PHL and after 3 hours layover to LHR on BA. What if the connecting is delayed, cancelled etc. and we need to rebook for 2nd or 3rd January. Is the original test (done today) still valid or is validity extended for delayed or rebooked flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.