Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by LSunbury
My first attempt at using Verifly, in order to manage a b2b at AMS tomorrow. Trying to upload for AMS - LHR so i have my boarding pass before I do the outward leg.

Neither the Randox test nor the UK PLF will scan - both repeatedly come up as Invalid Codes.

Its probably me, but can anyone point me in the right direction to get this through?

Thanks!
Rather than scan the Randox Code just upload the PDF
for the PLF I find it works better to scan the screen of my laptop rather than a print out.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Neither the Randox test nor the UK PLF will scan - both repeatedly come up as Invalid Codes.
I agree with KARFA that the PLF QR scan is usually a doddle. But for the COVID test, and as stated on the VeriFLY screen itself, the automated service is only for authorised Test Providers, namely Cerballiance. Which means at least 99% of tests have to go through manual upload checking since Cerballiance is a niche player. Collinson is in Cerballiance (though I doubt that works for the public), Randox is not Cerballiance.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
Used Verifly from MEX to LHR on 12th Dec and it was seamless. Befofe the First check in there was an agent who was firmly telling people to go back to a different pop-up desk for document checking but after she saw we had Verifly green ticks, we were waved straight through to drop bags and have tickets printed. (Used the MedicSpot test to fly swabs and the Verifly manual verification took about 2 hours with no issues whatsoever)
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Thanks very much you guys for the advice! This tech Luddite finally found worked out how to manually upload and am now relieved to have my AMS-LHR boarding pass in hand.

Thank you!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Just as another reference point just used verifly for my AMS-LHR leg tomorrow. CV19 test verified almost immediately, within couple of mins max, which surprised me as its in Russian/Kazakh/English & not from any recognised provider

Wouldn't let me load it for my LHR-ANU flight on Saturday though, said come back at 01:15 tomorrow!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:16 pm

VeriFLY worked flawlessly today for me checking in for NCE-LHR. I had no problems scanning the test result from the antigen test taken in France yesterday evening and the PLF QR code scanned easily too. I did, however, deliberately enlarge it on my laptop screen before I scanned it. The agent didn't even want to see the VeriFLY pass because her computer told her I'd already done it - the same as last time.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Just as another reference point just used verifly for my AMS-LHR leg tomorrow. CV19 test verified almost immediately, within couple of mins max, which surprised me as its in Russian/Kazakh/English & not from any recognised provider

Wouldn't let me load it for my LHR-ANU flight on Saturday though, said come back at 01:15 tomorrow!
I did the same yesterday for my AMS-LHR today and at the gate they wanted to see proof as I didn't have a paper BP....
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
I did the same yesterday for my AMS-LHR today and at the gate they wanted to see proof as I didn't have a paper BP....
I have a boarding pass issued by AirAstana in Atyrau & the mobile boarding pass. I'll see what happens within the hour.

Verifly had no problems taking my Kazakh PCR cert for Antigua day after tomorrow. Approved within the hour,
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
I have a boarding pass issued by AirAstana in Atyrau & the mobile boarding pass. I'll see what happens within the hour.

Verifly had no problems taking my Kazakh PCR cert for Antigua day after tomorrow. Approved within the hour,
OT but Air Astana is back at LHR, saw them the other day... with the new A321neo.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
LHR-SOF. Just like my last trip, once you upload your vaccination details, it ticks the covid test part and forces you to check in at the airport.

No issues with SOF-LHR and LHR-JFK (which is still showing as the old style CW seats 7 months after booking)
Verifly pass, checked in and boarding passes issued.

Did a PCR test with Randox again this morning at the Radisson Edwardian around 7:30am. Quite a few people queuing.
Negative result 3hrs later (same day results, by 11:59pm, test)
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Flew VCE-LHR-IAD on the 13th and used VeriFLY. Completed trip to UK and trip to US. Check in agent said he didn't care about the UK part (which I don't think is true, but whatever) though asked if we had completed contact tracing on MMB for the US (which I hadn't since we were returning home and didn't have a hotel to stay at which is what asked on MMB). Anyway, had to provide him our home address and phone numbers again to allow check in, though he didn't ask for any other docs (vax card or test).

Just a datapoint that I guess there is more needed for US flights that VeriFLY doesn't ask for.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by 13901
OT but Air Astana is back at LHR, saw them the other day... with the new A321neo.
They’ve been back for a while now, though flying out if Astana, so totally inconvenient for us! They won’t do good connections for us as it will undermine their super lucrative Atyrau - AMS/FRA routes.

You’d think being half British they’d be more accommodating! They are re actually a decent airline by the way

I had no problems with the phone boarding pass by the way.
13901 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm having an issue with Test Time. No matter what I do with phone time or the time I enter I get no option to save it, just Clear or Cancel which seem to be the same thing. I'll try again in a few hours. This is on Android with a Samsung S20.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm on my 4th trip using Verifly and it's worked a dream on every trip. Even when my NHS vaccine record had a slight name difference (I use my middle name on my NHS record... long story) and worked by sending screen shot of text to explain the reason. All approved in minutes and able to complete OCI with no issues.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:56 am

IAH

Wanted to thank those who shared their experiences with me and also share my experience at Bush Airport in Houston.

Before being able to get in line at check in, the first document check was by a manager who was standing at a podium. I was asked where I was travelling to and whether I had COVID test documentation to present or a VeriFLY pass. A quick flash of the pass in the app and I joined the main line.

There was no separate line for those using VeriFLY, which was unfortunate. The priority lines seemed just as busy at the time I arrived (1:50 pm for a 4:30 pm flight) and were moving just as slowly. The lady at the podium only seemed interested in checking for pre-departure tests, and mentioned that she had sent away several others shortly beforehand to get tests, who hadn’t presented anything.

There were only around 6-7 small parties in front of me, but lots of excess baggage. It took around 30 minutes to reach a desk. The agent asked if I had a VeriFLY pass. He zoomed in to review it, seemed happy enough, then tagged my bag, and printed my boarding passes. It didn’t take any longer than it normally takes for me to check in, so it was pretty frustrating that the hold-up seemed to be due to most others in front either being unprepared or having to have their paperwork checked manually.

Hoping it will be smooth on the return. Can anyone confirm that VeriFLY will be checked at the first point of departure (ABZ-LHR-IAH), or do they check again at LHR?
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.