Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You don't need a UK PLF if travelling domestic. Or a test or VeriFLY.
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GLA37
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know when VeriFLY will be updated to reflect the new rule changes?

I have just received the following email from BA which suggests that pre departure negative result will have to be uploaded to the app. However, the app is still showing a green tick next to test results as I have uploaded my vaccine certificate.
You have some choices. Either just bring your test results to the airport and do nothing. Or delete that pass say Monday evening and re-enter it then. By that stage VeriFLY should have updated their process.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You have some choices. Either just bring your test results to the airport and do nothing. Or delete that pass say Monday evening and re-enter it then. By that stage VeriFLY should have updated their process.
That makes sense. Thank you!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: Ba gold
I’ve used verifly a few times previously with no issues, however I today tried to set up a trip to Portugal and in the choose airline section the only option is EI and the departure airport is set at DUB. I’ve tried all sorts of ways to get different options but to no avail, anyone else had success setting up a trip to Portugal ?
thanks in advance DC.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by darrencobb
I’ve used verifly a few times previously with no issues, however I today tried to set up a trip to Portugal and in the choose airline section the only option is EI and the departure airport is set at DUB. I’ve tried all sorts of ways to get different options but to no avail, anyone else had success setting up a trip to Portugal ?
thanks in advance DC.
Portugal is not on the list of eligible verifly routes for BA

British Airways – VeriFLY (myverifly.com)
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by darrencobb
thanks in advance DC.
Same issue with Hungary - any help?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: Ba gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Portugal is not on the list of eligible verifly routes for BA

ahhh, that’s it then, thanks for your speedy reply , I won’t waste anymore of my time on it and present my test certificate at check in.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by golfer20
Same issue with Hungary - any help?
Hungary is not on the list of eligible verifly routes for BA

Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
There clearly is an automated side to this from my experiments (I used another flight number, switched to the second flight number, then Amadeus within 2 seconds triggered an update). Your experience suggests a manual component - do you have a hypernated, common or unusual surname? And/or are there more than 1 person on the PNR?
No, none of the above. And I've used this app on this route on multiple occasions in the recent past. Sounds like, as you suggested earlier, that there may have been a glitch in the connection between Verifly and the BA server at some point - which was corrected prior to my flight. This glitch occurred on a Saturday night btw
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by StingWest
This glitch occurred on a Saturday night btw
Ah, well that would indeed be a good time for glitches!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
You don't need a UK PLF if travelling domestic. Or a test or VeriFLY.
Thank you, the email from BA said I did but there you go!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27
Thank you, the email from BA said I did but there you go!
Ah yes, you'll get a few of these, and various irrelevant screens in MMB / OLCI. I suspect they can't safely screen out purely domestic PNRs from their nag screens, even if a 14 year old C++ coder could do so in 20 seconds. If you actually tried to create a VeriFLY trip for a domestic sector, you wouldn't get very far. VeriFLY isn't on all international sectors either for that matter.
KARFA and Simonp27 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I think BA just puts those pop ups and sends the email about checking off things for your trip for all booking even if they are domestics only. Just ignore them.

At no time have you needed a PLF or test for domestic flights, and there is no doc check or anything else to do prior to check in. OLCI should work as normal and give you a bp. Domestic flights are probably as close to pre covid normal as you can get with the exception of face masks and deboarding in small groups which do happen.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 5, 2021 at 12:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:26 am

Monday update 6 Dec 2021 - UK entry requirements

As of UK lunchtime, VeriFLY still hasn't linked into the requirements for pre-flight testing. So if the typical process flow for those vaccinated remains
- Vaccine proof
- PLF
- General assurance that you'll bring a passport to the airport etc.
There is a testing item on the checklist, which would apply to the unvaccinated, but as soon as you enter the vaccine proof VeriFLY skips down to PLF.

Doubtless this will change at some point. But at least the Green Pass will show up and the pre-flight test is presumably sorted out at check-in.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Monday update 6 Dec 2021 - UK entry requirements

As of UK lunchtime, VeriFLY still hasn't linked into the requirements for pre-flight testing. So if the typical process flow for those vaccinated remains
- Vaccine proof
- PLF
- General assurance that you'll bring a passport to the airport etc.
There is a testing item on the checklist, which would apply to the unvaccinated, but as soon as you enter the vaccine proof VeriFLY skips down to PLF.

Doubtless this will change at some point. But at least the Green Pass will show up and the pre-flight test is presumably sorted out at check-in.
Having just today checked in at LAS the VeriFLY was cleared Green last night. But had to show Vaccination certificate to checkin agent.
now AA Cancellation’s are for another thread.
John.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.