Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by KARFA
This is the offending sign and policy BA's ground agent at LAS has been following, rejecting any pre departure tests if done online or at home.

https://twitter.com/LasVegasUK/statu...245693953?s=20
So we'll have to do an in-person LFT 2-days(max) before departing USA to UK, nothing else is accepted....?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPRun
So we'll have to do an in-person LFT 2-days(max) before departing USA to UK, nothing else is accepted....?
they have got the rules wrongly LAS. You don’t have to do a supervised test to return. Most US outstations have got it right or/and are just accepting you if verifly is complete.
ABZSimy and TPRun like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Interesting - I was just reading a lot of complaints from LAS VEGAS about 60+ people denied baording due to self-testing results - there is a twitter storm with yourng @KARFA ongoing
I was on that flight.. Was the BA flight on the 10th which left late about 10pm

I heard that 65 people wewe denied boarding some of which I witnessed myself. I failed to understand why some where not allowed on that were travelling with a BA purchased Qured test.

The check in staff wanted to double check everything even after supplying a Verified VeriFly pass. They mentioned they were looking for a Logo and an address on the certificate and took their time. The Club check in was held up as the supervisor (an young Asain man with wierd hair and a stripped Tshirt) seemed to be on the phone or ages trying to get agreement to load these passengers but failed to secure the deal. Passengers where very upset of course. One young couple said they had no cash left

The flight was also swapped from a NCW to an old school 777 causing agro on board with people getting moved around between club and PE.

Lastly we arrived into Heathrow to find our gate occupied, waited for 15 mins before being moved elsewhere and had to wait another 15 mins for an airbridge.
KARFA, ABZSimy and biscuitbiscuit like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:31 pm

I have to say I'm thankful for Verifly, has worked great for me for most of the times. Didn't need to visit the desk or talk to anyone at LPA yesterday. BA should advertise it more though, as I mentioned in some other thread, my friends flying OTP-LHR were told only Romanian issued certs are valid. They had never heard of Verifly, managed to explain it to them and guide them through setup just in time for them to upload Klarity certs and get their BPs.
As a comparison, saw off my travelling companion to LH flight out of LHR today morning. Despite her uploading all necessary and some unnecessary paperwork she couldn't get the BP and had to visit the desk, which was a right zoo. She was finally pulled out of the queue about 10 min before closing time, otherwise she would have missed the flight.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:33 pm

VeriFLY finally accepted my eMed result screenshot after a third attempt. This has taken hours of back and forth today, since I had to wait 2-3 hours after each attempt to get a response. Interesting reading about the LAS situation. I'm concerned in case something similar were to happen to me at IAH on Tuesday, so I am going to do a PCR test at a lab tomorrow morning just to be on the safe side.

This is my first experience of VeriFLY and also first time flying BA in around 7 years. First impressions are not great. In comparison, I took a trip with United last week to Mexico, and the experience of uploading my documentation to their own mobile app for verification was incredibly straightforward compared to this!
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't seen any reports that IAH is causing issues, as far as I can tell this is unique to LAS. ORD had a VeriFLY priority lane at check-in and seemed to be zipping through the people in it very quickly - essentially a quick glance at the VeriFLY screen and then a boarding pass / checked baggage label was immediately produced. And there are similar arrangements that I've seen at JFK, DEN and BOS. There are also positive reports from MIA, LAX, SFO and SEA upthread.

The verification time for VeriFLY has gotten a lot slower. A few weeks ago the turnaround was 20 to 30 minutes, On Friday - a busy day - one check I had took nearly 3 hours.
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got a second trip to SOF this week, and once again, Verifly, once the vaccination details are accepted, automatically ticks the test review You can't then finalise and have to check in at the airport.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by KARFA
This is the offending sign and policy BA's ground agent at LAS has been following, rejecting any pre departure tests if done online or at home.

https://twitter.com/LasVegasUK/statu...245693953?s=20
This sign contains other wrong info : connecting passengers also need the test for transit, they don't need the PLF but without a PLF they won't be able to use Verifly.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
In San Francisco at present and took my pre-departure test at 1:43am PST / 9:43am GMT.

Certificate arrived from Collinson with the GMT time on it.

Entered that time into Verifly and it refused to accept the upload as it was in the future (4am or so here now).
Changed the time to 1:43am, and it was happy with that, and my test has been accepted.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:47 am

Tried to use VeriFly on Saturday at ACE, everything loaded up onto the app and green ticks and pass ready, but the check in agent wasn't interested and asked for paper copy of my vaccination cert, paper copy of covid test and passenger locator on my phone.
Arrived at T5 breezed through passport control, straight to express test for my PCR, they were happy to test me an hour earlier than booked, results received yesterday, back behind my desk today :-)
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: BA bucket and spade Gold
Originally Posted by teledude
A joy at TFS. Didn't have to see check in and straight through, into the lounge with a mobile BP.
Ditto today - As we were HBO quickly checked with an agent that we were good to go and noticed the puzzled glances from the lengthy queues for both club and economy as we glided past them straight to security. In the lounge less than 10 minutes after we arrived at the airport. Complete shambles at the gate - group 1 boarding was displayed but it was a general free for all save a couple of Group 7s who patiently waited while we trundled past. No dreaded bleep when our boarding passes were checked and no-one asked to see our Verifly details - our first Verifly experience has gone well, no doubt with thanks to the early guinea pigs that helped get some of the earlier posted “wrinkles” ironed out. Definitely worth it for us
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by xenole
In San Francisco at present and took my pre-departure test at 1:43am PST / 9:43am GMT.

Certificate arrived from Collinson with the GMT time on it.

Entered that time into Verifly and it refused to accept the upload as it was in the future (4am or so here now).
Changed the time to 1:43am, and it was happy with that, and my test has been accepted.
I had a similar issue, initially . The eMed PDF result has a time stamp with UTC, which is 6 hours ahead of me, so I put in my local time. For the third attempt, I waited until just after the time on the PDF, but on my time zone, and it accepted it around 3-4 hours later. Not sure if that was the issue initially or if it was just luck.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
I had a similar issue, initially . The eMed PDF result has a time stamp with UTC, which is 6 hours ahead of me, so I put in my local time. For the third attempt, I waited until just after the time on the PDF, but on my time zone, and it accepted it around 3-4 hours later. Not sure if that was the issue initially or if it was just luck.
I've mentioned this upthread. Because your phone is set to local time, you cannot send a future timed certificate on the VeriFLY app, but the screeners are trying to reconcile the time you enter with the certificate. There is an easy solution: set your mobile phone to UTC / GMT / London or the time on the certificate, re-open the app, then you can align both the screen selected time and the certificate. On some phones you need to switch off "Network Time Zone" too.
ExpatExp and ABZSimy like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
My first attempt at using Verifly, in order to manage a b2b at AMS tomorrow. Trying to upload for AMS - LHR so i have my boarding pass before I do the outward leg.

Neither the Randox test nor the UK PLF will scan - both repeatedly come up as Invalid Codes.

Its probably me, but can anyone point me in the right direction to get this through?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Have you tried manually uploading your pre departure test for approval?

It is a bit odd your PLF QR code won't scan. Usually that bit is fairly trouble free. Is there a manual upload option for that you could try?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.