Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
IAD-LHR-FNC. Documents uploaded and verified. On check-in... agent asked to see documents... only vaccination. Said he could not see what is uploaded. Is he just not well trained? If they are not visible to him... what is the point of this process?

Also asked me if Funchal was in Europe? I told him it was autonomous region of Portugal like the Azores. He looked confused.

Also asked for Passenger Locator Form... which no longer exists.

I do enjoy the process.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by skunker
I don't know if this has been covered, but I just flew AMS-HEL(overnight)-LHR-JFK-LAX. First leg was AY code/metal, second was BA code/AY metal, then BA code/metal. BA prompted me to use Verifly a couple days before the first flight. I had already used it with AA on the flights over with no problem. The problems came when trying to enter the trip into Verifly. Having the AY leg didn't allow it to import using the PNR. So, I just entered it manually using the BA173 flight information. But, since the rule is the test most be no more than one day before the flight to the US or the first leg of a multi-day trip on the same PNR, I couldn't upload my negative certificate because it was dated the day before the first flight not the BA flight to the US. Test was 5/9, first flight 5/10, then US flight 5/11.
The AY check-in agent at AMS did ask to see my vaccine certificate and negative certificate and I had to do the attestation during online check-in for AY. I was not asked for it when I got to LHR and got a new BP at the kiosk at the transfer desk in T5 or upon boarding at the gate.

TLDR: Verifly doesn't work for a trip that lasts multiple days or maybe at least with a non-BA first leg to import the entire itinerary.
My AMS-LHR-SAN is all on the same day so maybe, just maybe Verifly will work for me!
Old May 13, 2022, 2:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Also asked me if Funchal was in Europe? I told him it was autonomous region of Portugal like the Azores. He looked confused.
There are seven different sets of requirements for Portugal, depending on the means of transport, place of entry and final destination. Which is silly for a relatively small country, even the Edinburgh administration managed to avod getting too de-coupled from the English entry rules. The agent would have seen a huge screen of requirements if looking at Timatic so I can understand that difficulty. IAD did certainly understand VeriFLY, but not Salesforce, but the agent should have seen the ADOC flag on the booking. Blame COVID, everyone else does.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
VeriFly was an absolute breeze for me today. After scanning our NHS vaccine certificates we had to do a manual upload of the test certificates. These were reviewed and approved in, literally, a matter of seconds. Hopefully it's similarly smooth sailing at the airport tomorrow!
Old May 13, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Belgium is Salesforce, not VeriFLY, and I imagine it's just a vax cert upload.
Forgive my tragic ignorance, but how do I access this Salesforce palaver? I haven’t been able to find anywhere to upload documents on BA’s website.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Am I complete idiot?

I've uploaded all of the required documents on Verifly and it has produced a pass within the Verifly app that says "ready to travel". Even though I am flying MAN-LHR-IAD I was obviously only able to add the LHR-IAD segment on Verifly as the domestic one doesn't require verification.

When I go to online check-in I am unable to check-in and it says "Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY". Strangely, it says this for both the MAN-LHR and LHR-IAD segments on BA.com

This is approximately two-hours after Verifly verification was complete and about 12 hours to my MAN departure.

Any ideas?
Old May 13, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
See posts above re ADOC, MadProfessor . Sadly, as is often the case, BA IT only really caters for those flying direct to/from London. You may find that overnight the system clears things for you and you can checkin online, if not you'll just need to show your VeriFLY green tick at check-in at Manchester.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Forgive my tragic ignorance, but how do I access this Salesforce palaver? I haven’t been able to find anywhere to upload documents on BA’s website.
The lady in the check in desk at BOS gave us our boarding passes without checking any documents, so god only knows what the process really is!
Old May 13, 2022, 4:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
The link is here
https://digitalboarding.force.com/BA...ionEmbarque_BA
and the thread on the topic is here
BA preflight document upload
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:11 pm

Deleted, thanks.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:44 am
Old May 13, 2022, 5:14 pm

Aer Lingus certainly do use VeriFLY from Ireland to USA, presumably not on the return, but my take on Dublin airport is that a particularly high percentage of people just bring their paperwork to the airport. Particularly with children involved I can see it gets tricky. I guess is Aer Lingus sends the threatening emails that BA sends out then we need to think again, but I doubt they do this.
whitewave likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:31 pm

Deleted, thanks.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:41 am
Old May 13, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The link is here
https://digitalboarding.force.com/BA...ionEmbarque_BA
and the thread on the topic is here
BA preflight document upload
Thank you, as always, for your patient expertise. Happily, it all worked out okay at the airport and we are currently ensconced in the first class cabin at 37,000 feet on a beautiful A380.
Old May 14, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Got to Manchester this morning, the check-in agent quickly glanced at the Verifly pass on my phone and checked me in. Annoying when you've only got hand baggage but it was simple and quick so can't complain too much.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Removed

Last edited by Calchas; May 15, 2022 at 3:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.