Wiki Posts
Search

BA preflight document upload

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
BA preflight document upload

I can't see a dedicated thread anywhere for this so apologies if there is one.

A few questions for those who have used it or BA insiders.

1) Is it mandatory - so if you don't use it do you have to show documents at the airport - or are you denied boarding even with documents if you don't use it? (given Data protection fears, we all know BA have history here)
2) Can you do it in multiple sessions - we have 7 passengers and not all information is available yet at 72 hours (one needs a rapid flow test as only just had 2nd jab)
3) What's the cutoff point for submission? If you submit all your documents and they are in order but BA don't process them and don't let you fly who is responsible for flight changes / compensation.?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:13 am

1) No, but will save you time at the airport as you’ll be able to check in online and use self service bag drop. The queues, even at Club and First check in can build up at busy times.

2) Yes, you can.

3) There’s no cut off, but multiple reports on here say it takes 30min to 1hr. If your OK to travel doesn’t come back then you just check in at a desk at the airport.
firstlight likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xxxxx
1) No, but will save you time at the airport as you’ll be able to check in online and use self service bag drop. The queues, even at Club and First check in can build up at busy times.

2) Yes, you can.

3) There’s no cut off, but multiple reports on here say it takes 30min to 1hr. If your OK to travel doesn’t come back then you just check in at a desk at the airport.
Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:53 am

In my recent experiences processing times have been VERY variable. A week or so ago it took 2 hours to get the documents verified. On the contrary, for my last flight a couple of days ago i submitted everything around 40 hours prior to departure and was cleared on my way to LHR (around 3 hours prior).

It is useful when travelling with hand baggage only as it allows to get a boarding pass on mobile. I wouldn’t even bother with checked baggage, as the documents can be verified at check-in…
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:53 am

Hi

so where do you actually go to upload these docs. manage my booking doesn't seem to have any dedicated links. I travel in 3 days , will it appear closer to the time? I have already received a text from BA asking me to upload.
Geordie405 and jfallesen like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Alex PI
Hi

so where do you actually go to upload these docs. manage my booking doesn't seem to have any dedicated links. I travel in 3 days , will it appear closer to the time? I have already received a text from BA asking me to upload.
I think it depends on the route too. Some destinations don’t require airline to check stuff, as it’s done at passport control etc.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex PI
Hi

My link appeared in MYB exactly 72 hours before the flight. I got the warning text several days before
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Wife and kids flew last week, had completed all these details 48 hrs prior to getting to LHR, at check in they made us complete the online forms all over again and email a screenshot of the confirmation (which was generic) to the arrival airport. The process at LHR took an hour because of this, and to top it off the form isn't mobile optimised so had to be done via a laptop. Don't think BA are handling this very well at all.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Been trawling the web for a couple of hours to find any info on this. We received 2 emails and a text each on our 3 separate bookings to Berlin telling us to upload the required info or we can't check in online. There is no link on MMB anywhere and its less than 72 hours to go. I finally got through to the Exec Club and they spent ages scratching their heads before giving up and telling us to do it at the airport. No suspicion from them that it might be route specific. Had it just affected one of us it would be a glitch but as it is 3 separate bookings and none of them have the link I strongly suspect it's the wonderful BA IT system pushing out standard emails and texts to all and sundry whether the requirement is there or not. No doubt I'll find out when I try and check in online! The whole point of online check in and only hand luggage is to avoid the queues and I think the option of uploading your documents is great - if it works.

Ok, its all become clear. If you have a multi leg trip transiting LHR the link only becomes live when it gets to 72 hours before the LHR outbound sector. Fine unless you have a complex itinerary then you actually have much less than 72 hours from the start of the first leg.

Last edited by graemesmith1960; Aug 23, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I've uploaded the documents for two trips but every time I follow the link to check progress, when entering the reference number and booking reference, I'm told to check my details and try again as either the reference (cut and paste from the submission confirmation) or the booking reference is wrong, which they aren't.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
That happened when I cut and pasted as well. Typing the whole lot in seems to work for me. Still getting emails telling me to upload the docs even though the tracker says they have them.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by gcuk
I've uploaded the documents for two trips but every time I follow the link to check progress, when entering the reference number and booking reference, I'm told to check my details and try again as either the reference (cut and paste from the submission confirmation) or the booking reference is wrong, which they aren't.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Usual experience for me, but so far I got my check approved usually after 12-16 hours. Given that, I gave up on any progress check.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Usual experience for me, but so far I got my check approved usually after 12-16 hours. Given that, I gave up on any progress check.
…and now I’ve received confirmation all okay and told to check-in, but the app and website say can’t check me in and to check in at the airport.

Useless really would be an achievement for BA IT.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Just another data point on this .. I did this before a while ago and it was very fast ... I uploaded some docs last night for a flight to Spain tomorrow and nothing yet .. seems like they're running a bit behind .. Doesn't hugely matter I guess , but presumably they will authorise it at some point today so I can check in online
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by graemesmith1960
Ok, its all become clear. If you have a multi leg trip transiting LHR the link only becomes live when it gets to 72 hours before the LHR outbound sector. Fine unless you have a complex itinerary then you actually have much less than 72 hours from the start of the first leg.
If it helps, the link opened for me this morning based on 72 hours before the departure time of a domestic connection to LHR, and not the international flight the documents are actually required for which is a good few hours later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.