Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Can't get the selfie function to work

I downloaded the Verifly App to my Samsung Galaxy A21. I just cannot get the selfie function to work, its keeps saying ' camera error' and the green light around my face hasn't shown up once.

I've removed my glasses and even tried taking a selfie outdoors with a white wall behind me.

Anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
Old May 16, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
How long does it take for the Verifly data to be transferred to BA nowadays? Previously, after getting the green tick, I could check in online almost immediately. It is now over an hour and a half and online check in still says my documents have not been verified. I have checked that all the details match the booking. Am I being impatient?
Old May 16, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
How long does it take for the Verifly data to be transferred to BA nowadays? Previously, after getting the green tick, I could check in online almost immediately. It is now over an hour and a half and online check in still says my documents have not been verified. I have checked that all the details match the booking. Am I being impatient?
Who knows? Like I stated in a previous reply, I subsequently discovered after my trip was over that BA thought I was traveling to Hungary, which might explain why my green check-mark to travel to the US was being ignored. I didn't even so much as fly over Hungary on that trip!
Old May 16, 2022, 9:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I downloaded the Verifly App to my Samsung Galaxy A21. I just cannot get the selfie function to work, its keeps saying ' camera error' and the green light around my face hasn't shown up once.

I've removed my glasses and even tried taking a selfie outdoors with a white wall behind me.

Anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
I had a few problems too. I ended up against a primrose coloured wall and very strong lighting, but it did take more than a few minutes to resolve.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Update, decided to directly upload my docs to BA using the link from CWS, hopefully this doesn’t confuse the system, don’t want loads of messing around at MAN early tomorrow morning. Was hoping to be checked in an have my mobile boarding passes by now, ho-hum.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I had a few problems too. I ended up against a primrose coloured wall and very strong lighting, but it did take more than a few minutes to resolve.
Thanks. After several events I eventually got it to work
Old May 17, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking for some advice regarding Verifly. Son is joining us in Spain on Saturday. Flying from LCY. We arrived last week via another airline and as you well know, there’s no Spanish health app to complete ( he’s fully vaccinated) but the vaccination status is obviously still required. I’ve booked him an Avios flight (no status) Any advice would be appreciated in regards to Verifly etc. He hasn’t flown in over 2 years and has some concerns about the requirements before he can actually check in for his flight on Friday. We flew from Barcelona in March and Verifly was quite “challenging” We gave up in the end and checked in at the airport.. Has it changed ? What will he be required to upload ? Thanks
Old May 17, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
VeriFLY worked perfectly yesterday for LHR-BOS. Initiated the process about eight hours before the flight, and everything was approved within five minutes
Old May 18, 2022, 1:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mike&co
Looking for some advice regarding Verifly. Son is joining us in Spain on Saturday. Flying from LCY. We arrived last week via another airline and as you well know, there’s no Spanish health app to complete ( he’s fully vaccinated) but the vaccination status is obviously still required. I’ve booked him an Avios flight (no status) Any advice would be appreciated in regards to Verifly etc. He hasn’t flown in over 2 years and has some concerns about the requirements before he can actually check in for his flight on Friday. We flew from Barcelona in March and Verifly was quite “challenging” We gave up in the end and checked in at the airport.. Has it changed ? What will he be required to upload ? Thanks
Spain is Salesforce not VeriFLY, see upthread and post 1539. The option of airport check-in is fine, particularly somewhere like Spain where the restrictions are low and if there is a bag to check in, but Salesforce may trigger OLCI if done in the final 3 days before departure.
mike&co likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:18 am

I have avoided using VeriFLY until now. I am travelling to CDG on Friday, thought I'd give it a whirl after receiving the email from BA suggesting I should use it. But when I try and submit my details to add the trip, the app comes back with "your destination country in your booking is not supported". Is this right for France?
Old May 18, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
I have avoided using VeriFLY until now. I am travelling to CDG on Friday, thought I'd give it a whirl after receiving the email from BA suggesting I should use it. But when I try and submit my details to add the trip, the app comes back with "your destination country in your booking is not supported". Is this right for France?

OK - sorted. I was using the Beta way of adding the trip using the PNR, which doesn't work for France. It all now seems to be ok.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
She cleared the ADOC flag incorrectly. Had it been picked up in the USA then BA would have been in trouble and the agent in BHD presumably fired. She should also have scanned your attestation.
The same error occurred again at BHD a few hours ago. I checked in, in-person, at BHD at around 0545 for BHD/LHR/BOS. Again, I had not completed VeriFly, nor any aspect of online check-in, and I had both hard and electronic copies of my vax certificate and negative COVID test with me. Again, the check-in agent (Swissport) did not ask for either, nor did she scan my attestation, and simply gave me both boarding passes. That the same thing has happened twice to me at BHD within the last few weeks (i.e. BHD check-in for a US flight via LHR does not seem to require evidence of vax and negative test) causes me to return to my orginal inference: is there a glitch in the BHD check-in system that permits passengers to check-in without the correct requirements?
Old May 20, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Normally I don’t have any major issues with VeriFLY but on my last two flights to the US it’s been painful.

For my flight tomorrow to the US from MAN I’m not able to check-in at all, not even for the domestic sector. MMB keeps telling me that my documents need to be added either directly or into VeriFLY. It looks like the link between VeriFLY and BA.com is broken but it’s probably some bug.

Very annoying as was hoping to by-pass check-in especially as I didn’t want to hang around for the counters to open and then get the docs checked for the US at the gate or at LHR.

I think VeriFLY is past it’s usefulness date.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Very annoying as was hoping to by-pass check-in especially as I didn’t want to hang around for the counters to open and then get the docs checked for the US at the gate or at LHR.

I think VeriFLY is past it’s usefulness date.
I'm sure you've seen the other posts on this in respect of on-carriage bookings. How about trying Salesforce, to see if the agent clears your booking? USA is an option on that. It may take a few hours for any updates.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm sure you've seen the other posts on this in respect of on-carriage bookings. How about trying Salesforce, to see if the agent clears your booking? USA is an option on that. It may take a few hours for any updates.
Docs uploaded and verified by BA (confirmation email received) but still not able to check-in for any of the flights. Never had check-in issues this bad before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.