Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Deleted..
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Beginning to populate my VeriFly app with details of forthcoming trip. Came across an annoying issue that I hope is easily sorted.

My passport, tickets and ESTA all have my 'sunday' first name. My NHS app has always used my shorter first name (I had the NHS app long before Covid)

So my NHS Covid vaccination certicate is generating a miss match with VeriFly.

I've submitted it for a manual review. Should this be easily sorted? The date of birth is clearly the same, and the short version of my name is obviously a recognised short version of my full name.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Beginning to populate my VeriFly app with details of forthcoming trip. Came across an annoying issue that I hope is easily sorted.

My passport, tickets and ESTA all have my 'sunday' first name. My NHS app has always used my shorter first name (I had the NHS app long before Covid)

So my NHS Covid vaccination certicate is generating a miss match with VeriFly.

I've submitted it for a manual review. Should this be easily sorted? The date of birth is clearly the same, and the short version of my name is obviously a recognised short version of my full name.
I have the same issue. Actually a slightly different permutation, but essentially the same issue. Verifly always works on the manual upload.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:00 am

Updated UK entry requirements

I have a flight arriving Jan. 8 (BA 188) which qualifies for the recently announced entry requirement changes (no pre-departure test needed for those who are vaccinated).

Annoyingly, VeriFLY app does not seem to have been updated and still requires me to provide proof of a Covid test before issuing a pass.

Last edited by jfs5; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:13 am
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:07 am

Verifly worked excellently at Malaga yesterday agent didn't even look at both our green ticks as she said her system showed her we had completed it. She said she wished more people would do to reduce time to check people in, others around seemed to have reams of paperwork still.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by IHateLHR
I think this was mentioned up thread as well and I'm grappling with the same issue for my mother's flight back to the UK on Thursday (late US pm) which is showing in the app as Friday am UK, and hence if I use those dates it won't let me upload today's (2 day ahead travel) COVID test as it's a day "early". What a cluster.

Any solutions other than forcing the correct date of departure and ignoring the mess the app then makes of the flight time & date?
​​​​​​​I ended up going through and getting the green check on Verifly, however I wasn't able to check in online - continued to have the "Check in unavailable" message on BA. When I got to the airport we were able to just show the verifly green check and didn't have to show our docs. Not sure if I had decided to choose the other date if it would have synced up and enabled us to be able to check in online.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:23 am
formerly JackDann

Can anyone help with what the experience is for Countries that are not on VeriFly when Checking-In from outside of LHR/LGW. I've got a trip next week to Thailand with my journey starting at BHD - I'm assuming they have a way of checking what documentation is required so that we can complete the check-in process without the need to do anything else at Heathrow? I'll be sure to leave enough time as there are usually only 1/2 Agents working on the BA Check In.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:54 am

Going to Barbados on the 8th and the Verifly App won't let me pick the correct date I did the covid test (yesterday the 5th). It is offering me the 6th, 7th, 8th and the 9th (the day after I fly!!).

Presumably this is to do with Time Zones - can any body offer a work around to get my Verifly Pass ticked.

I can confirm I am correct getting the test on the 5th and this is fully within the allowed timescale so this is not the issue.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Going to Barbados on the 8th and the Verifly App won't let me pick the correct date I did the covid test (yesterday the 5th). It is offering me the 6th, 7th, 8th and the 9th (the day after I fly!!).

Presumably this is to do with Time Zones - can any body offer a work around to get my Verifly Pass ticked.

I can confirm I am correct getting the test on the 5th and this is fully within the allowed timescale so this is not the issue.
not got any help regarding your date issue but I recommend using the BIMSafe app and upload your details as you get fast tracked to the front of the immigration queue once one of the officials see you have it. Just log onto the BIMSafe Wi-Fi in the terminal and you will get an email you have to show and then your though to baggage reclaim.
John
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by jfs5
I have a flight arriving Jan. 8 (BA 188) which qualifies for the recently announced entry requirement changes (no pre-departure test needed for those who are vaccinated).

Annoyingly, VeriFLY app does not seem to have been updated and still requires me to provide proof of a Covid test before issuing a pass.
I have the same problem for a flight arriving at LHR Jan 7 in the afternoon. Verifly has not been updated although sherpa now gives the correct info. Online check-in is hence not possible. Annoying.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Replying to my own question....

I emailed Verifly and they replied a few hours later to say...

"Could you please set the time to anautomatictime zone from your phone settingsand try again?

You could also try with different time zones such as your destination.

Set time, date and time zone for Android Phone.
You can change your clock’s settings, including the date, time and time zone.

Change which time shows
  • Open your phone's Clock app Clock.
  • Tap More More and then Settings.
  • To pick your home time zone: tap Home time zone.
  • To automatically update your time zone: tap Change date and time and then Set time zone automatically.
  • To update your time zone based on your location: tap Change date and time and then Set time zone automatically and then Use location to set time zone.
  • To add a clock for home when you travel to another time zone: tap Automatic home clock.

For IOS :

Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.

Turn on any of the following:

Set Automatically: iPhone gets the correct time over the network and updates it for the time zone you’re in. Some networks don’t support network time, so in some countries or regions, iPhone may not be able to automatically determine the local time.

After you will set the time zone on automatic, please cancel the current trip and redo-it.
To cancel a Trip:
  • From the Manage Trip page, tap the 3 dots in the top right corner.
  • Tap Cancel Trip.
  • Tap Confirm in the prompt that is displayed.
Once cancelled, you will have the option to add a new flight.
All Covid-19 documents must now be submitted at least 2.5 hours before the departure time. You will not be able to submit a test/vaccination certificate within the 2.5 hour window before a flight.

In case the situation is not resolved after changing the time zone, we kindly recommend you to show all the required travel documentation at the airport and they will be verified for you at the check-in desk"

I did as they suggested and it worked..
u01sss3 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Trippelone
I have the same problem for a flight arriving at LHR Jan 7 in the afternoon. Verifly has not been updated although sherpa now gives the correct info. Online check-in is hence not possible. Annoying.
the app has updated now (at least on my phone). An green ti k has automatically appeared against the pre-departure test for my flight to London tomorrow.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:17 am

Time zone handling in Verifly is inconsistent at best. And with some test certificates (with times in UTC when you are not) it's just better to say the time isn't on the certificate! Worked for me a couple of times.

Fortunately, flying from LHR this time, I had no issues and was even allowed to check-in online. Welcome to the 21st Century, BA!!!

rb211.
superweak likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by bestcoastflyer
I ended up going through and getting the green check on Verifly, however I wasn't able to check in online - continued to have the "Check in unavailable" message on BA. When I got to the airport we were able to just show the verifly green check and didn't have to show our docs. Not sure if I had decided to choose the other date if it would have synced up and enabled us to be able to check in online.
By way of update, we ended up using the actual flight date, so that we could upload the test result. That meant the app said the flight times were completely wrong (a day ahead in UK times) but we got the green ticks and were able to check in online successfully.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Anyone know how long it takes for Verifly to update in BAs systems?

Answered my own question...... flight booked, veriflyed & checked in ..... 10 mins

Last edited by DorsetKnob; Jan 7, 2022 at 7:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.