Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Anyone have any thoughts on when Dec dates may get added to the app for flights to the US? I'm flying out Dec 1st but dates only go up to Nov 30th at the moment. Thanks!
DrGee likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by oddgrain74
As an adult who is deemed fully vaccinated it’s only recommended to have the 3-5 day after arrival in the USA, not mandatory. I can’t post a url due to not having made enough posts but there’s an article on the CDC website about non-citizens arriving via US, updated 10th November and that has the complete information on.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html

For ALL Travelers

RECOMMENDED
  • Get tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after travel.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:22 am

Quick question around VeriFLY to Dubai …. My wife and I travelling on Wednesday on the same PNR … when I registered it offered me the option to add another passenger … should we each register with VeriFLY or is it ok/better/worse to have us all on a single verify entry (first timer, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere ?)… thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Originally Posted by FlipGFlop
My wife and I had the same issue recently ie First Last on NHS Covid Pass, First Middle Last on passport when making our VTP application to fly to Singapore. The Singaporeans insist on an exact match so we had to ask our GP surgery to update our NHS records so that our First & Middle names are recorded as our First name in our medical records. They made the change and a couple of hours later our NHS Covid Pass was updated. The ICA website accepted the modified Covid passes as did the Verifly app when we returned to London and everything went smoothly after that (except for the BA check in experience but that's a different story).
Does anyone know if the US is as strict as Singapore in this regard? Verifly rejected my travelling companion’s NHS Covid Pass as it features only one of his two surnames (he is Mexican and it’s very common to use only the first one), as this did not match the booking (or his passport). Will BA override Verifly at check in or must we get the Covid Pass updated which might be very challenging in the time available?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Edited as I made a mistake! Sorry!

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Nov 15, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Help!

Now I’m stuck. We got our test certificates from Randox. We went to put them into VerY and it gave us this.

Can this be done at the airport?
Yes, where VeriFLY is proving troublesome you can always do the check at the airport, I suspect the majority of people do this. After all it would be fairly often the case that someone returning home won't have access to PCs and/or printers that it's just easier to take the documents to check-in. But the message indicates you are flying to the USA at 14:15 hours today, which happens to be the time of today's services to PHX and MIA. There is a 4 hour deadline for uploads. Does VeriFLY hold the right time for your departure flight? Unless connecting immediately, it should be set up as a LON-USA service only, and with the date of the LHR departure on it rather than the date of the trip.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:08 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, where VeriFLY is proving troublesome you can always do the check at the airport, I suspect the majority of people do this. After all it would be fairly often the case that someone returning home won't have access to PCs and/or printers that it's just easier to take the documents to check-in. But the message indicates you are flying to the USA at 14:15 hours today, which happens to be the time of today's services to PHX and MIA. There is a 4 hour deadline for uploads. Does VeriFLY hold the right time for your departure flight? Unless connecting immediately, it should be set up as a LON-USA service only, and with the date of the LHR departure on it rather than the date of the trip.
It was me who was a complete fool. The problem was that I had told Verifly that we were travelling today rather than tomorrow. Once I had cleared that, started again everything worked a treat. I saw what you meant about the attestation - thank you and sorry everyone for my stupidity!
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: Ba Silver
Is it possible to print out the attestation form for usa travel and sign it before the pcr test results arrive?

My parents are using ex eu flights they booked from last yr.
They're staying over in Dub for 2 nights and getting their pcr in dublin airport the moment they land from Edi. The upload for that into the verifly app should be easy..but im reading on here that the attestation form requires a signature, after which u have to upload it. This could be tricky for them on the move so to speak..any advice?

Thxs
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim
Is it possible to print out the attestation form for usa travel and sign it before the pcr test results arrive?

They're staying over in Dub for 2 nights and getting their pcr in dublin airport the moment they land from Edi. The upload for that into the verifly app should be easy..but im reading on here that they have to sign and fill in a 5 page form then upload it could be tricky for them on the move so to speak..any advice?
Well the point of the attestation is to confirm you have a negative test result, so doing it before the test, is, um, somewhat against both the letter and the spirit of the attestation. Hence VeriFLY needs the scan of the test result, then you upload the file or upload the screen shots, in that sequence.

To be honest VeriFLY and uploading files is probably intended for IT savvy passengers who are au fait with this sort of processing. For everyone else there is always the check-in desk. I am sure the airlines find this a difficult situation, ideally they would get everyone on to VeriFLY to reduce queues at airports. But when it's a 5 page PDF without an online submission process then you may need to accept it is what it is.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Slim_Jim

They're staying over in Dub for 2 nights and getting their pcr in dublin airport the moment they land from Edi. The upload for that into the verifly app should be easy..but im reading on here that the attestation form requires a signature, after which u have to upload it. This could be tricky for them on the move so to speak..any advice?

Thxs
The attestation does not require a signature if submitted via VeriFLY. Once the COVID test has been uploaded and accepted, you then move on to the attestation. You answer the two questions and submit the attestation - and that’s it. You get the green tick and no signature needed.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It seems that the UK government changed the rules for people transiting airside, and filling a PLF is no longer required. This change happened 2 weeks ago.
However, BA* and VeriFLY still ask for the PLF for airside transits (and also Timatic still shows the old rules). How long it will take to BA to "realize" that the rules are different now? I mean, It's not like these are rules for a different country...

*I received an email this morning were it was specified "If you’re connecting through the UK, you’ll still need to complete a passenger locator form separately"
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Apologies if this is answered up thread but I fly to JFK in two days. I've downloaded Verifly and added a photo and confirmed I have a valid passport.
It now claims I've completed the checklist but I've not been given any option to upload my fit to fly certificate or Covid vaccination proof.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by u01sss3
Apologies if this is answered up thread but I fly to JFK in two days. I've downloaded Verifly and added a photo and confirmed I have a valid passport.
It now claims I've completed the checklist but I've not been given any option to upload my fit to fly certificate or Covid vaccination proof.
So the solution is to enter your correct date of birth instead of that day's date like i did! I thought I was a baby!
VSLover likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
What a waste of time! Flew home from Cyprus yesterday. Completed Verifly and got all green ticks so ready to fly. After some research I read that you can't use Verifly from some countries inc Cyprus yet the system let me do it. Then received email/text requesting I upload documents via traveldocs.ba.com. So I did that too and documents verified within 2 hours. I was able to check-in online 24 hours and printed out BP out but not sure if it was because of Verifly or the website upload. Anyway, made our way to the airport where the check-in staff member (Swissport staff) waved our Verifly Pass away, ignored the "We have checked your travel documents which are all in order" printed on the bottom of the BP and insisted we show all our documents again.

What is the point of Verfily or traveldocs.ba.com if the staff either don't know how to use, can't use or refuse to use? (other than allowing online check-in)
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there any way to persuade Verifly to accept my NHS covid vaccination certification, which only has my first name listed? It seems to require my middle name which the NHS certificates do not seem to include. If not will I have the same issue checking in at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.