Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:36 am

Verifly was still not recognised at ACE yesterday - three check-in desks open, started earlier than usual, but very slow moving with many pax seemingly not ready with their documents.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:38 am

I'm assuming it's standard practice to be able to show a Covid test certificate on my phone rather than a, paper copy at Malaga, for example? I'll be using VeriFLY as I have previously but there's no way I can print paper copies where I am. Faro accepted VeriFLY fully last time. No showing anything else.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question Which BA record locator?

Originally Posted by kirker
I just did the inverse – an AA codeshare on BA metal – and definitely had to input the BA, not AA, info (including their flight number, which is pretty easy to find). VeriFLY doesn't appear to store any variety of codeshare data – I didn't even have the option of inputting my AA info. At least between ARN-LHR, BA only has two nonstops per day at present, so when I populated the airport fields I only had those two flights to choose from.
Which BA locator did you input into Verifly? The BA record locator associated with the AA coded BA operated flights? or the BA record locator associated with the underlying BA prime flight?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Anyone used in DXB?

Just received the email from BA so downloaded and started uploading docs but hit a problem… wife’s passport is in her full first name but nothing else (including her NHS vaccination!) is, she has always used a shortened version.

Her vaccine results have therefore been rejected - I can’t see a help function so does that bar us from using the app? How frowned upon will that be?

I also noted my daughter doesn’t need an antigen test according to the app, but does according to all other sources, so it’s not 100% accurate anyway, but I’m just concerned the slight mismatch above will cause issues at the airport.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Mrs E2S & myself flew back from Rhodes last Friday (20/8), we used verfly, and apart from getting the picture, and used to the jargon it worked well. The checking at Rhodes was a mess, and most people seemed to take for ever to check-in as they had to hunt down their documents. When we got to the front, and showed our verifly we got a big smile and thank you, it took us about 30-seconds each
Robert279 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Does anyone know if LCY flights are still excluded from VeriFly? I'm flying to NCE on Monday for a few weeks but no point faffing with yet another app if it's of no use.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
Does anyone know if LCY flights are still excluded from VeriFly? I'm flying to NCE on Monday for a few weeks but no point faffing with yet another app if it's of no use.
We flew from LCY to NCE a couple of weeks ago. VeriFLY was operating. As has happened before, I couldn’t download my boarding pass but at the check in desk the agent confirmed that the all data had been uploaded, it was just the perennial BA IT frustration, and he didn’t need to look at any hard copies.
Irreverent Medusa likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by hammers2958
We flew from LCY to NCE a couple of weeks ago. VeriFLY was operating. As has happened before, I couldn’t download my boarding pass but at the check in desk the agent confirmed that the all data had been uploaded, it was just the perennial BA IT frustration, and he didn’t need to look at any hard copies.
Thanks! I'll give it a try then.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:14 am

Is there a list of airports where Verifly is accepted please? Have read reports of people wasting time on it and finding out it is not used. If not can anyone advise if it is accepted at Paphos and Malaga? Thanks
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:58 am

Going to set this up in case it helps, does each traveller need a separate account or can I add my husband if I'm the lead passenger?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
You can add travelers to your Verifly, I added wife and two children for a trip last month.

Used it at both BOS and LHR with no issues at all.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by chessers1
You can add travelers to your Verifly, I added wife and two children for a trip last month.

Used it at both BOS and LHR with no issues at all.
Many thanks.
chessers1 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Just flew DMD-LHR, the check-in agent couldn’t care less about this app and requested to produce documents ( PCR test and a form), so going forward I won’t bother with this app.

Last edited by tenn_ace; Aug 29, 2021 at 1:13 am
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know if it is worth using verify for a Funchal departure?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC
DXB Experience

For anyone flying back from DXB, very positive response to VeriFLY, they even put a family in the priority queue as they were verified.

At check in I asked if they wanted the hard copies but was told all they look for is the green tick and the pics held in the app, matter of 10 seconds.

Am currently waiting to depart so will know how useful it is the other side in a few hours!
Rookersa and kosy91 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.