Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My paper boarding pass says ADOC under my name. Is that code for documents okay?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:01 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Worked just fine for me LAX-LHR with Choromatics Covid test cert.
Check in agent checked it and all ok.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
I have never used Verifly but it is available for an upcoming trip. I'm flying LAX - DFW - LHR. On the Verifly app I can input details for the DFW - LHR BA flight and PNR however does that mean I can *or should* be able to then check in on the AA app for LAX - DFW and then get BP's through to LHR? Or does the LAX-DFW leg render the process useless and i'll just have to check in in person in LAX? The AA PNR is obviously different from the BA one.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:05 pm

STR (Stuttgart) to LHR. I think the route has just re-opened. They had no priority check-in (tough luck if you have status or were in business). No bag drop either, but the queue moved ok. At the desk I showed my passport, the VeriFLY screen and was quickly checked-in.

At the gate they then delayed boarding for half an hour when they suddenly realised that those with HBO and who had checked in online hadn't shown their docs to anyone. They said everyone who had checked in online must go for a doc check, but when half the passengers queued, they realised that they meant only those who hadn't gone to a check-in desk. Then they delayed things again by accepting mobile boarding passes before realising they had no idea whether that meant the person had shown documents or not.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just checked with a lounge dragon who said that ADOC on your paper boarding pass means documents have been checked.

I used the paper boarding pass at the gate and was quickly sent on my way.
2002ad likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Just used dedicated Verifly lane at HER very quick (HBO) apart from a couple of groups in front with kids and luggage which took a little longer. Much quicker than dedicated Priority lane
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just downloaded Verifly for the first time despite the fact I have been traveling for business throughout the pandemic period.

My reason this time is that I am flying MAD-LHR with BA (from T4S), but I arrive in MAD (T4S) on an Air Nostrum charter flight. No check-in luggage and PCR test already taken in my first departure country however its a very tight connection (<1hr) and I note recently that OLCI for both BA and IB has been pretty hit and miss, and I am worried I won't be able to do this and get my boarding pass on my phone - in which case going to the desk somewhere is likely going to scupper my short connection.

Unsure if having Verifly on this occasion might help me, or could it hinder me if my PCR test was not taken in Spain? Interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on using Verifly for MAD-LHR.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UTFB
Just downloaded Verifly for the first time despite the fact I have been traveling for business throughout the pandemic period.

My reason this time is that I am flying MAD-LHR with BA (from T4S), but I arrive in MAD (T4S) on an Air Nostrum charter flight. No check-in luggage and PCR test already taken in my first departure country however its a very tight connection (<1hr) and I note recently that OLCI for both BA and IB has been pretty hit and miss, and I am worried I won't be able to do this and get my boarding pass on my phone - in which case going to the desk somewhere is likely going to scupper my short connection.

Unsure if having Verifly on this occasion might help me, or could it hinder me if my PCR test was not taken in Spain? Interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on using Verifly for MAD-LHR.
I can’t see how having VeriFLY can hinder you. If you get the VeriFLY approval through in advance, it means you should be able to download your boarding pass, that can only speed things up. If the approval doesn’t come through, or you can’t download your boarding pass, you are no worse off.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
I can’t see how having VeriFLY can hinder you. If you get the VeriFLY approval through in advance, it means you should be able to download your boarding pass, that can only speed things up. If the approval doesn’t come through, or you can’t download your boarding pass, you are no worse off.
It may have changed in the last few days, but when I flew from Germany last week it was possible to get an online boarding pass regardless of the VeriFLY status. In fact, they wouldn't let you onto the plane without a paper boarding pass which proved that someone at the airport had checked your documents.

I still completed VeriFLY (after I'd checked in online!) and it sped up my time in front of the check-in desk.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Yes good point I guess I can't be any worse off...cheers.

Just wondering also - when I go to input all my flight details into Verifly it only gives me the flight options for the next few days, mine isn't til 24th Sept - is this normal in that it only shows the flights for the forthcoming few days?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
It may have changed in the last few days, but when I flew from Germany last week it was possible to get an online boarding pass regardless of the VeriFLY status. In fact, they wouldn't let you onto the plane without a paper boarding pass which proved that someone at the airport had checked your documents.

I still completed VeriFLY (after I'd checked in online!) and it sped up my time in front of the check-in desk.
So despite completing OLCI and receiving a boarding pass via your phone you still had to go to the check in desk? Assume this is because you had luggage to check in?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:13 am

So despite completing OLCI and receiving a boarding pass via your phone you still had to go to the check in desk? Assume this is because you had luggage to check in?
I did, yes, but those that didn't got stopped at the gate where staff checked their documents, and were handed a paper boarding pass as "proof" that they'd been checked.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
I did, yes, but those that didn't got stopped at the gate where staff checked their documents, and were handed a paper boarding pass as "proof" that they'd been checked.
Thanks. The issue I might face is being unable to go straight through to T4S airside via flight connections after my T4S arrival on my charter due to not having a boarding pass. In which case I would likely have to take the train back across to T4, go to check in desks, then back across to T4S, in which case I've got zero chance of making my <1hr connection.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:35 am

Yes good point I guess I can't be any worse off...cheers.

Just wondering also - when I go to input all my flight details into Verifly it only gives me the flight options for the next few days, mine isn't til 24th Sept - is this normal in that it only shows the flights for the forthcoming few days?
Yes I wondered that too my trip latest date has been stuck upto 15th Sept for a few days now, it hasn't increased.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Check in desk in Corfu have absolutely no idea what Verifly is. A waste of 2 hours uploading documents for our party of 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.