Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA
My previous TATLs needed the webcam LFTs before travel, and now that’s gone I wondered if there were fewer restrictions, or that because my vaccination status had previously been uploaded it was saved on file (ie you can’t become unvaccinated).

Either way I’m set now, and will drop the cash in the normal place.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
Attempting to OLCI for my BA booked but AA operated flight tomo DUB-PHL and unable to get Verifly to work - when i enter my flight details and press submit it just shows "error: Failed to save data (5016)"
Have tried doing it as a BA flight with my BA booking ref and as an AA flight with the AA record locator but without joy. Anyone any ideas before i resign myself to desk checkin?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You need to follow the AA processes, whatever they are, for an AA-operated flight.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
So, added Verifly app to phone, got through account setup and just added my BA Booking Reference - and voila! All four flights poured in. 2 gave me cleared passes, the other two have to wait until November 13th for the checklist/pass to greenlight. And I am thinking what is all the fuss about, seems easy and accurate. then I look at my Johannesburg flights and instead of OR Tambo - it has "Olifants River Bridge" - with the correct BA flight numbers and times. Can anyone, anywhere in the IT world get something right the first time? I sent a ticket to Verifly - oops they say - "thank you for making us aware and we have elevated this for review". Now, I am cringing for the BA MMB process...
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Here’s a strange one that’s never happened to me. And never even heard of it happening. Flying DUB-LHR-JFK tomorrow. Did VeriFLY. Did MMB doc upload and docs were accepted. Of course couldn’t check in.

Was through T5 this afternoon. Agent at 1st wing tapped away and said he’d ok’d all my docs. Went to sit and still couldn’t check in. Went to agent in the lounge and she checked me in and handed me a bunch of BPs. Noticed a while later that the DUB-LHR was missing. Went back to agent and she said she somehow couldn’t see that leg. It’s on my reservation. I’ve picked a seat. And it still appears in the app. Not sure if it matters but in the app it still says online check in is unavailable.

So I’m wondering how worried I should be. If the agent in T5 couldn’t get the BP, what are the chances the agent at DUB will be able to do it tomorrow morning?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If that was an Aer Lingus flight / codeshare from BA then I would expect that outcome but it sounds like BA metal? I wouldn't worry, usually check-in works and you have the longhaul so that makes it unlikely to be an issue with the first flight.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks. Yeah was fine in the end. Agent also couldn’t work out why I could check in for LHR-JFK and JFK-RDU but not DUB-LHR. Even asked to see my vaccine pass again. Funny that now I can get mobile boarding passes for all segments. Anyway, all is well that ends well. Even if I’m now way too early and enjoying the delights of Dublin T1…
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Here’s a strange one that’s never happened to me. And never even heard of it happening. Flying DUB-LHR-JFK tomorrow. Did VeriFLY. Did MMB doc upload and docs were accepted. Of course couldn’t check in.

Was through T5 this afternoon. Agent at 1st wing tapped away and said he’d ok’d all my docs. Went to sit and still couldn’t check in. Went to agent in the lounge and she checked me in and handed me a bunch of BPs. Noticed a while later that the DUB-LHR was missing. Went back to agent and she said she somehow couldn’t see that leg. It’s on my reservation. I’ve picked a seat. And it still appears in the app. Not sure if it matters but in the app it still says online check in is unavailable.

So I’m wondering how worried I should be. If the agent in T5 couldn’t get the BP, what are the chances the agent at DUB will be able to do it tomorrow morning?
I had this a couple of months ago. The T5 agent handed me boarding cards LHR/ORD/SEA. I pointed out that AMS/LHR was missing. She said that it wasn't showing in the itinerary. She swivelled her screen around to show all legs except for AMS/LHR. After some head scratching and a minute or two she did find it on the screen on a separate page. She said something like that leg was showing on either a previous or following page to the rest of the itinerary for some odd reason. Anyhow, she then duly issued the AMS/LHR boarding card and apologised for keeping us waiting. In short, those missing first legs are on their monitors somewhere!
backdoc and RichieMc like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
Verifly Worked Seamlessly

I think that watching these boards and following the advice works. 4 days out I entered my flights WITH MY BOOKING REFERENCE. My MMB integrated the data and I got through the OLCI for both flights without a hitch. Seat choices stayed firm and all is well. Sitting in lounge with wine and small bites at MCO.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Any experience with using Verifly for Japan? I'm flying tomorrow and have done Verifly which populated correctly based on my booking reference and am cleared to fly, but I still can't check in online on a fully BA itinerary.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:47 am
TFM

Programs: BA Gold
Data point from today (18th Nov) regarding VeriFLY and trying to check in for flights to the USA tomorrow.

My mother and I are flying to RDU via JFK in F on BA metal and flight number to JFK and AA metal BA codeshare number to RDU (all booked via ba.com). VeriFLY done a few days ago as we have done on previous flights and everything "approved".

Come to check in this morning and the system says we need to upload COVID documents. A pain, but I do that and within seconds we both receive emails saying our documents have been approved. But we still can't check in.

Called You First and got through really quickly, the helpful agent sees that everything has been uploaded and the special "word" in the system to indicate documents are good to go is there, but she can't figure out why. She contacts another team and I'm only hold for 15 minutes and still no luck. She tries to take out APIS and re-enter, and still no luck. Screen still telling me that I need to upload documents for both passengers. The agent says everything is in order and it's just a system glitch that they can't resolve. So we're going to have to check in at the airport tomorrow, which isn't the end of the world, but you know... annoying nonetheless. She has reassured me that our seats 1K and 2K won't be allocated to someone else, so here's hoping that will be the case.

Tried the direct salesforce link given above but when I did that it said that the documents had already been approved/verified!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TFM
Tried the direct salesforce link given above but when I did that it said that the documents had already been approved/verified!
Yes, unfortunately that's correct, or rather consistent with other cases, hence the advice to do VeriFLY as you did, but if you have a connecting flight to use the direct Salesforce link, not the MMB version. If you do the MMB version first then you can't then do the Salesforce direct link. But if the direct link doesn't work at all, then at least you could fall back to the MMB link. It's not a huge problem if you have allocated seats, most people in your situation would check-in at the desk or use the self service machines. You passport has to be scanned anyway.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:15 am
TFM

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, unfortunately that's correct, or rather consistent with other cases, hence the advice to do VeriFLY as you did, but if you have a connecting flight to use the direct Salesforce link, not the MMB version. If you do the MMB version first then you can't then do the Salesforce direct link. But if the direct link doesn't work at all, then at least you could fall back to the MMB link. It's not a huge problem if you have allocated seats, most people in your situation would check-in at the desk or use the self service machines. You passport has to be scanned anyway.
Thanks, yeah, check in at LHR will be fine, just haven't had to do that for a long time! Maybe BA should send out a flowchart so that we know which link to use if we have a connection or not, haha.

Wondering why VeriFLY didn't filter through as the BA locator number did bring up all the flights and we didn't have to enter them in manually, but just the luck of the draw on this occasion! Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
The vaccinate certificate and attestation is still required for entry to US for non-US citizens. I was using VeriFLY couple of times last year and it always worked but now when I try to upload the EU issued vaccination certificate it simply says that the certificate expired. I have 3 shots of the Comirnaty stuff so I am 100% sure the certificate is valid but the app won't let me through. Is there a way how to do it?
I am flying with AA but ticket was bought on BA.COM with short haul connection to LHR.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by casey89
The vaccinate certificate and attestation is still required for entry to US for non-US citizens. I was using VeriFLY couple of times last year and it always worked but now when I try to upload the EU issued vaccination certificate it simply says that the certificate expired. I have 3 shots of the Comirnaty stuff so I am 100% sure the certificate is valid but the app won't let me through. Is there a way how to do it?
I am flying with AA but ticket was bought on BA.COM with short haul connection to LHR.
Just show all your paperwork at the check-in desk and they will validate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.