Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is this a BA flight?
Sorry for the mix up. I meant to post this in the AA forum. I posted there too.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
With Canada removing all Covid entry restrictions on Oct. 1 will Verifly still have to be used on flights to and from Canada after that? Just booked a bunch of BA flights for the fall and I had forgotten completely about having to use Verifly with BA flights as I had been using Air Canada for the last year
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It has never been a requirement to use VeriFLY, it may just make life a little easier. Typically VeriFLY will update their checklist either on the day of the changes, as happened with USA, or within a few days.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:50 am

Okay thanks for the reply CWS. I was just wondering as now there is no need to upload Covid docs to enter Canada what would would need to be entered in Verifly as a Canadian citizen that couldn't be done in MMB to OLCI to avoid checking in at the airport.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If it's a complete deregulation then there won't be anything for VeriFLY but I haven't seen the small print yet.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:59 am

If it's a complete deregulation then there won't be anything for VeriFLY but I haven't seen the small print yet.
It appears to be. Even the random mandatory testing boondoggle is ending along with masks on the planes (not sure about the actual airports).
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Has BA just stopped accepting whatever is uploaded / checked by VeriFLY?
My last 4 trips to the U.S across August / Sept and this month - I've done all the VeriFLY checks and have the green ticks, and I still can't check-in online. I would honestly prefer if BA stopped being offered as an option on VeriFLY if they ignore them, but I actually found check-in via the app easier during the peak Covid times with VeriFLY vs now!!

Pilot37
casey89 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
My last 4 trips to the U.S across August / Sept and this month - I've done all the VeriFLY checks and have the green ticks, and I still can't check-in online. I would honestly prefer if BA stopped being offered as an option on VeriFLY if they ignore them, but I actually found check-in via the app easier during the peak Covid times with VeriFLY vs now!!

Pilot37
my god they still haven’t fixed it? Probably better approach is they still didn’t get rid of the verifly from their OLCI system? I have a flight to west coast on Thursday and I was sure it must be fixed by now
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Pilot37

Pilot37
Originally Posted by casey89
my god they still haven’t fixed it? Probably better approach is they still didn’t get rid of the verifly from their OLCI system? I have a flight to west coast on Thursday and I was sure it must be fixed by now
I have always been able to check in online, but I still have to have (and always have to have had; I think it’s a US requirement) my passport manually checked by BA before clearing security. Given that, what is the advantage of checking in online when traveling to the US?
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
I have always been able to check in online, but I still have to have (and always have to have had; I think it’s a US requirement) my passport manually checked by BA before clearing security. Given that, what is the advantage of checking in online?
Seat selection / changes is one advantage, plus it makes it less likely you will be downgraded. You don't have to go to a desk for the USA DHS check, if you enter your UK passport into the self service machines first (not entering your PNR), then enter the airport code for the BA destination, then the machines will do the necessary and issue a new boarding pass with the ADOC flag on it.
RockyRobin and casey89 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Seat selection / changes is one advantage, plus it makes it less likely you will be downgraded. You don't have to go to a desk for the USA DHS check, if you enter your UK passport into the self service machines first (not entering your PNR), then enter the airport code for the BA destination, then the machines will do the necessary and issue a new boarding pass with the ADOC flag on it.
That’s good to know. I usually have the folks scanning boarding passes in the F Wing do it for me. I’ll try this when I fly next Friday. (I’ll report back if I can’t check in online. I believe I was able to in July, and am VeriFLY approved on this trip as well.)
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA
Any recent experiences for travel to the US? Previously I’ve had to upload my covid certificates, but I’ve got a TATL this weekend and verifly doesn’t require me to upload anything. All I had was to confirm citizenship, then confirm lack of symptoms on day of travel.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by malkie
Any recent experiences for travel to the US? Previously I’ve had to upload my covid certificates, but I’ve got a TATL this weekend and verifly doesn’t require me to upload anything. All I had was to confirm citizenship, then confirm lack of symptoms on day of travel.
Are you a US citizen? US resident? If you don't tick yes to this you are prompted to either scan the QR code on your jab certificate or upload it.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you a US citizen? US resident? If you don't tick yes to this you are prompted to either scan the QR code on your jab certificate or upload it.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m not a citizen or resident. I must have somehow ticked incorrectly. I cancelled the trip and re-entered and I then had the prompt to enter my QRs.

I feel a bit of a idiot, but again this forum saves me!
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by malkie
I feel a bit of a idiot, but again this forum saves me!
Surely the idiot would have thought nothing of it, while the astute would try to find out more?

(You can leave the fiver in the usual place in the lower CCR cupboard).
malkie, backdoc, KARFA and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.