Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
So, silver status at BA is still possible for 475TP till end of 2022 ?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by LeeT
Nested double booking
Ok.

I found a double nested to OTP with car for 5 days - total cost for 4 flights and car is 885£, getting 480TPs, not bad in my opinion.
Do I actually need to check in at the car rental company or can I just fly back to LHR straight away?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by no_idea
So, silver status at BA is still possible for 475TP till end of 2022 ?
Yes it is.
no_idea likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Since it has to be UK, look for JER/EDI - LHR - JFK - LAX/SFO rtn in CW, which should get 1280 TPs with a 5-night holiday and seems to be possible in December for just over £2000 (I last looked about a week ago, so may not be much left now).

EDIT: Just looked again - £1945 for JER-SFO/LAX on Dec 22-27 in CW; BA flight #s for all 6 flights
Interesting - are you looking on Matrix and then calling BA Hols to book? Can't seem to do a simple search of GF "forcing" a connect in NYC...

Last edited by eh220160; Oct 20, 2022 at 3:49 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Since it has to be UK, look for JER/EDI - LHR - JFK - LAX/SFO rtn in CW, which should get 1280 TPs with a 5-night holiday and seems to be possible in December for just over £2000 (I last looked about a week ago, so may not be much left now).

EDIT: Just looked again - £1945 for JER-SFO/LAX on Dec 22-27 in CW; BA flight #s for all 6 flights
How did you get BA flight numbers on the JFK - LAX - SFO flights? I'm looking at JER - LHR - JFK - LAX - LAS with 5-nights hotel, but US internal flights showing as AA flight codes.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR

That is very interesting - you are a genius. I can't seem to find Nov 7-14 but will keep looking. One question on this - is there a reason for prioritising BA Flight #'s vs e.g. AA?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by SQjunkie
That is very interesting - you are a genius. I can't seem to find Nov 7-14 but will keep looking. One question on this - is there a reason for prioritising BA Flight #'s vs e.g. AA?
It's in the terms of the double TP offer - all available on the BA website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ier-points#TnC

b) The booking must contain British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. Flights not meeting these criteria within the booking won’t be awarded Tier Points. Flights offered as part of a British Airways Holidays package that are provided by other airline partners that do not have a BA flight number will not be eligible.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Oct 20, 2022 at 4:59 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: non
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
It's in the terms of the double TP offer - all available on the BA website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ier-points#TnC
I read this as there must be at least one BA operated or marketed flight, not all flights must have BA numbers (BA marketed).
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Vahan Hovhannisyan
I read this as there must be at least one BA operated or marketed flight, not all flights must have BA numbers (BA marketed).
I queried this before and was told flights with BA numbers get double points. Not that all flights must be BA numbers. See post 1801 (in double tier points thread).
I agree t&c are ambiguous.
Vahan Hovhannisyan likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by higham44
How did you get BA flight numbers on the JFK - LAX - SFO flights? I'm looking at JER - LHR - JFK - LAX - LAS with 5-nights hotel, but US internal flights showing as AA flight codes.
I am just looking at what Matrix offers - I am doing my Gold trip next week before my year ends on Nov 8 as I thought there was no chance of reaching 1125 in a single trip (I could only justify one business trip between June and the end of the year). But something in this thread made me look at this Jersey option and I wish I could change now, but I can't.

I presume you have to phone BAH to get this booked.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I am just looking at what Matrix offers - I am doing my Gold trip next week before my year ends on Nov 8 as I thought there was no chance of reaching 1125 in a single trip (I could only justify one business trip between June and the end of the year). But something in this thread made me look at this Jersey option and I wish I could change now, but I can't.

I presume you have to phone BAH to get this booked.
I'm going to call BAH today to see if I can book a tier point run through them with a 5-night stay in Las Vegas from JER. I know I will only get double TPs with BA coded flights but will still get TPs for the AA flights, so could get a total of 1120 TPs if my calculations are right and I'm allowed to do that with BAH and the price is reasonable.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
We have Jer-Lhr-Phl-Las and 5 nights hotel through BAH for next spring for 1280TPs including the double offer…..
higham44 and flyerkit like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
There are still flights BUD-HNL available for under 2k GBP. Just sayin'.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:38 am

200 TPs - any ideas?

Looking to get 200TPs in before year end for Gold. Ideally one trip, cant do 5 nights away for the bonus (until xmas but then prices are ridiculous). Cheapest seems to be something like MAN-LHR-ATH (or similar) & is over £500
Old Oct 21, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
If we book two pax on the ticket + holiday/car do both of us get the double TPS?
BugAlugs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.