Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Will we get a 2023 edition or do we keep using this one?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
Just booked a rather complicated (took 1hr40m on phone to book) BA holiday to USA & Canada later this year.

On manage my booking it is showing that I haven't added my (or my partners) BA numbers, but when we go to add them, they are there. It also indicates that the flights (all booked with cash) will not earn any TPs or Avios.

On the BA flights it is allowing me to select any seats I want (due to my silver status) but on the AA segments I am only being allowed to secure the free seats (on the AA website) and not MCE or other seats I've previously been able to book for free and when I try to add my BA number, it is not sticking.

Will I need to call BA/BA Holidays or even better email as I really don't fancy another hour on the phone to them. Would be good to fix now rather than in several months time.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
In Manage My Booking for this booking click at the top 'Go Back to Previous Design' then check the flights for the selling class. You can find this in 'More Flight Information'. Then you'll know what you've been booked into and I am pretty certain it will be revenue rather than award inventory. Good luck!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by our_kid
In Manage My Booking for this booking click at the top 'Go Back to Previous Design' then check the flights for the selling class. You can find this in 'More Flight Information'. Then you'll know what you've been booked into and I am pretty certain it will be revenue rather than award inventory. Good luck!
Thanks, yeah I checked the fare classes, and they are revenue tickets.

Going to the older design it does look like it's because it doesn't think I've added my BA number. There's an * after TP & Avios.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
yes we should get a new one. Not quite ready yet but it will be soon.
Fritz, Hoch, Lefly and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes we should get a new one. Not quite ready yet but it will be soon.
You said that 12 months ago for the 2022 one
Fritz, omk298, armouredant and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Hi, I've managed to find the following fare as a potential TP run. Any thoughts?

I think it's coming up a couple of pounds cheaper in BA.com but that's about the score of it. Similar prices also available from other UK BA origins when I checked.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to come up with any itineraries that extracted a second change at LAX/SFO etc., or even an east coast change anywhere except PHL. When you add on 5 nights' hotel/car hire, it comes to just under £2800:

Based on my calculations, this should qualify for 40 + 210 + 140 TPs each way, so 780 return. With the double TPs BAH offer that becomes 1560. So a £ per TP ratio of £1.75.

Now obviously for roughly the same money you could make two J ex-EU trips to the US, earning around the same amount of TPs in total. So I guess you're paying a substantial premium for the convenience of starting and finishing in the UK and travelling F across the Atlantic.

Does anyone think this is worthwhile booking, or is it worthwhile holding out for a better fare?

Cheers.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe look again at whether you want to stay in the D Hotel for five nights.

But can't really complain at that price. Assuming you like downtown Vegas.

If you compare to two ex-EU trips you need to include the cost of getting to the EU (hopefully you can find Avios flights), the cost of staying there (unless you can arrange everything in one day) and the cost of eating there, as well as your hotels in the USA, if not included.

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 1, 2023 at 3:27 pm
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by sbonathan
Thanks, yeah I checked the fare classes, and they are revenue tickets.

Going to the older design it does look like it's because it doesn't think I've added my BA number. There's an * after TP & Avios.
Probably not ticketed yet. Give it 24 hours and check then.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbonathan
On manage my booking it is showing that I haven't added my (or my partners) BA numbers, but when we go to add them, they are there. It also indicates that the flights (all booked with cash) will not earn any TPs or Avios.
Usually means you have multiple PNRs for this journey and you've been given the wrong one.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
WE should start a new thread.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Calchas
Maybe look again at whether you want to stay in the D Hotel for five nights.

But can't really complain at that price. Assuming you like downtown Vegas.

If you compare to two ex-EU trips you need to include the cost of getting to the EU (hopefully you can find Avios flights), the cost of staying there (unless you can arrange everything in one day) and the cost of eating there, as well as your hotels in the USA, if not included.
Cheers. Is that about the cheapest I could reasonably expect to find in terms of a fare in F? From the seat selector, it looks like this would have the new First cabin on the 777, which I've heard is nice.

​I don't think I'd actually stay at the hotel, it was just the cheapest add-on I could find to make it a holiday. If I did want to stay in LAS, I'd probably go for something nicer. More likely I'd book a car instead - I don't mind visiting LAS for a day but 5/6 nights is probably 4 too many as I'm no gambler

I'd have thought a back to back would be feasible at e.g. BUD so there shouldn't be too many additional costs in terms of staying overnight, but point taken. I have seen some of the ~£1300 BUD J fares allow for short stays of just a couple nights, whereas this F fare seems to require a min of 6 nights in practice.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flarmip
Cheers. Is that about the cheapest I could reasonably expect to find in terms of a fare in F? From the seat selector, it looks like this would have the new First cabin on the 777, which I've heard is nice.

​I don't think I'd actually stay at the hotel, it was just the cheapest add-on I could find to make it a holiday. If I did want to stay in LAS, I'd probably go for something nicer. More likely I'd book a car instead - I don't mind visiting LAS for a day but 5/6 nights is probably 4 too many as I'm no gambler
Rather than wasting money on a hotel you won't use (and I agree that 5 nights in Vegas is no holiday), I'd just add a car to the flight and head off somewhere more interesting.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by flarmip
Hi, I've managed to find the following fare as a potential TP run. Any thoughts?

I think it's coming up a couple of pounds cheaper in BA.com but that's about the score of it. Similar prices also available from other UK BA origins when I checked.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to come up with any itineraries that extracted a second change at LAX/SFO etc., or even an east coast change anywhere except PHL. When you add on 5 nights' hotel/car hire, it comes to just under £2800:

Based on my calculations, this should qualify for 40 + 210 + 140 TPs each way, so 780 return. With the double TPs BAH offer that becomes 1560. So a £ per TP ratio of £1.75.

Now obviously for roughly the same money you could make two J ex-EU trips to the US, earning around the same amount of TPs in total. So I guess you're paying a substantial premium for the convenience of starting and finishing in the UK and travelling F across the Atlantic.

Does anyone think this is worthwhile booking, or is it worthwhile holding out for a better fare?

Cheers.
Great example of the 'traditional' TP run vs 'BAH' offer we have to compare at the minute, at £1.75/TP it's not terrible and removes any hassle of positioning for ex EU etc, possibly even uses less days overall for the trip.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has been archived. A new thread has been created (linked below).

BA Tier Point Runs | 2023 edition

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
JessicaTam and CorpFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.