Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Not necesserily looking to optimise TP's, but checking to see if there may be a better routing/price than what i've narrowed down to using google flights.
end destination is SGN/HAN in vietnam, but happy to aim for HKG and then do a seperate booking in/out of SGN/HAN etc.seems cheaper to route through HKG and into vietnam on cathay though!

anything im missing to ensure we get the best price from you clever bunch? 2x adults with a Europe start, ensuring we benefit from the easter weekend for annual leave purposese ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------
from Google flights ''Prices are £1,372 cheaper than usual. The least expensive flights for similar trips to Ho Chi Minh City usually cost between £4,150–8,600.''

Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
There are some ex SOF QR fares to SIN for £1600 still, which although not bargain bucket isn't bad.
HB7, ChrisTheZulu, drwook and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by sbonathan
If you have a non BA coded flight, does that mean you lose the double points on all flights in the booking
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
I was told (by GGL team) that in this scenario will get double tier points for BA coded flights only and, in my case, no points for the other flight which was a Hawaiian Airlines flight. I have flown the flights and am waiting to find out if this is true.
And this has turned out to be true. The basic points for the BA/AA flights posted a couple of days after I flew and the "double points" posted today (about a week after my return). All good.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA, Southwest
Happy to report back that my first ever tier point run was a success. My new gold status appeared on my BAEC account today. I really lucked out on my timing with a short window between storms in both the US and London. Also, it was a birthday miracle as all 6 of my flights were on time with no missed connections. As i was arriving at LCY at noon on my birthday, there was a significant risk of spending most of the day in an airport if there were any issues. It was stressful, and something I'm not sure I'd do again, but my daughter and I had a great couple days in London. I sent her direct both ways on award tickets My flights: 620 TPs and 2 qualified flights for SFO-JFK-BCN-LCY and LCY-DUB-PHL-SFO. The flights in and out of LCY were on BA. I actually had the same flight attendant on both As others have mentioned on this thread, the TPs for the AA flights all posted the next day and the two BA flights took 3 days.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
I saw this 1,080 TP trip shared on a site:

I am struggling to price out myself (set it up like it's mentioned on the site):

Can anyone shed light on what am I doing wrong?

Alternatively, I'm interested in any other 1,080 TP run itinerary.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to All!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by destone
The details of that trip almost certainly came originally from Flyertalk, where it has been discussed (and booked, and flown) extensively for many months. You're extremely unlikely to get that fare now for January.

With regard to the error you're getting, have you checked that there are actually flights available from Budapest to Helsinki on that date?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:49 pm

TP Run - next week

Hi Everyone
anyone know any good Tp runs that could be used to get me to silver, going either for a day or two days between Christmas and new year? Currently sitting on 110 TPs and I want to get to renew silver which ends start of feb and have a few days off in the next week to try do this

cheers
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Philg12
Hi Everyone
anyone know any good Tp runs that could be used to get me to silver, going either for a day or two days between Christmas and new year? Currently sitting on 110 TPs and I want to get to renew silver which ends start of feb and have a few days off in the next week to try do this
There’s unlikely to be much available with just a few days’ notice… particularly with many airlines having closed off sales for UK inbound flights this week in light of the UKBF strike. Best bet is to buy a load of domestic shuttles and hope for AUP offers, or Europe-Madrid runs on IB. Neither is likely to be particularly cheap though. I’d suggest starting from scratch in your new year instead, at least that way you’ll get it for longer.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Misco60
The details of that trip almost certainly came originally from Flyertalk, where it has been discussed (and booked, and flown) extensively for many months. You're extremely unlikely to get that fare now for January.
Thanks, would be interested to hear about other 1,080 TP itineraries throughout 2023. Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I need to get to HNL and back on particular dates in Feb/March. I didn't read forum for the last 2 years, so not up to date with current cheapest ex-EU flights or TP runs.
Any suggestions on cheap/creative way to get from LON (EU) to LAX or HNL in business getting some TP on a way?

I already checked usual suspects from past, but nothing cheap comes up.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Dec 25, 2022 at 9:07 am
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I need to get to HNL and back on particular dates in Feb/March. I didn't read forum for the last 2 years, so not up to date with current cheapest ex-EU flights or TP runs.
Any suggestions on cheap/creative way to get from LON (EU) to LAX or HNL in business getting some TP on a way?

I already checked usual suspects from past, but nothing cheap comes up.
BUD has been the cheapest starting point for HNL for the last few months - not sure how cheap it will be at short notice though.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Thanks, would be interested to hear about other 1,080 TP itineraries throughout 2023. Thanks!
I have JER-LHR-PHL-LAS; LAS - DFW- LHR- JER in July 2023, staying 5 nts in LAS booked through BA Holidays. The basic TPs = 540, but then rises to 1080 TPs from the double TP bonus offered by BAH.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
LAS holidays with BAH have other routing options eg jer-Lhr-phl-las then Las-Mia-Lhr-jer gives 1280 TPS with the double TPS offer plus positioning to Jersey if you can find an acceptable price/date that works for you
destone likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:39 am

Cost to gold

Hiya.
this may have been discussed before in which case apologies!

if someone wanted to get gold just for the fun of it what do you reckon a reasonable possible total cost would be. Based in the uk.

and presumably ggl would just be a multiple of that cost or is it not that simple?

assume starting from blue!

thanks
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by bigRW
if someone wanted to get gold just for the fun of it what do you reckon a reasonable possible total cost would be. Based in the uk.
Plenty of info in this thread to help you assess this. A decent ‘cheap’ ratio would be £1-2/TP, so you’re looking at around £2k minimum to get 1500TP from scratch. Obviously more if you need hotels, unless you can bake it into holidays you’re planning to take anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.