Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bigRW
Hiya.
this may have been discussed before in which case apologies!

if someone wanted to get gold just for the fun of it what do you reckon a reasonable possible total cost would be. Based in the uk.

and presumably ggl would just be a multiple of that cost or is it not that simple?

assume starting from blue!

thanks

It's an odd notion of fun, but four 5-day BA holidays to strategic locations in Europe (hello Sofia) would almost get you within sight of Gold for under 2K. Holiday wider afield with strategic flights and you get more TPs, more efficiently but probably more expensively.

Outside the holidays, if you find yourself in UAE the Sri Lankan deal to Jakarta might not be what it was, but it's still an attractive way to harvest TP for some.

Sadly the days that got many to GGL status with cheap flights to Honolulu are long gone: the cheap flights disappeared, baby-Bus gave up the ghost, the AA F loophole went, and the entry hurdle for GGL near-doubled. So gaining GGL by flying exclusively to generate the points would be a very expensive bit of fun.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Looking to get to LAX for 24th Feb. Retuning to UK by 6th March. Best I've come up with the moment is:

BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX / LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-BUD which I think nets me 800TP for 1,867.

Is there anything else to look at or any tricks that I should try? Either to get a cheaper TP cost (at the expense of fewer TPs), or more TPs.

My main aim is actually not necessarily TP maximisation, so this isn't probably the best thread. I am looking for the cheapest J flight on OW to LAX.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by c1223
Looking to get to LAX for 24th Feb. Retuning to UK by 6th March. Best I've come up with the moment is:

BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX / LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-BUD which I think nets me 800TP for 1,867.

Is there anything else to look at or any tricks that I should try? Either to get a cheaper TP cost (at the expense of fewer TPs), or more TPs.

My main aim is actually not necessarily TP maximisation, so this isn't probably the best thread. I am looking for the cheapest J flight on OW to LAX.
Thats probably as good as youll get at the moment, and if you can construct your itinerary so that the HEL-LHR and LHR-HEL legs are on Finnairs A350, thats a nice bonus.

But if youre not actually bothered about TPs, Id suggest checking how much BA is charging for a regular itinerary from Budapest or Stockholm. If the price difference is only a few hundred pounds, it might be better for you to take a less elaborate (and shorter) routing.
c1223 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by c1223

You can get DUB-PHL-LAX-LHR on 25 Feb for 1692 - nothing like so many TPs, but. much simpler flights. But I believe this fare has a 60 day advance purchase requirement, so you've already missed it for getting to LA for 24 Feb and would need to book today for 25 Feb.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Kernow
HI,

What's the recommendation on doing runs via CMB at the moment? Using UL and the country itself. Anyone done it lately?
I've done two of these this year. In August I did AUH CMB on a separate ticket CMB DOH AMM MAD and return. I'm just back from one AUH CMB BKK return as well. Long layovers thankfully UL put you up in a hotel for 12+ hours. The hotel was not amazing but a place to stay nonetheless. Country is stable didn't see any of the headlines from the summertime albeit with a military presence. Less so there this month. Worth it, I feel, if you are based in the UAE or Middle East not having too much positioning. ex-DXB is somewhat more expensive than AUH but you then do get a A330 lie flat. I've been looking to go toward Europe in April but the prices aren't as favourable as they once were. Doesn't help I am looking a little late than I usually would. If there is anything i come across I'll post here.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Just checking if I have this right...

If I book a BA Holidays trip to HKG in business class on QR, but with BA flight numbers will I get (140 + 140 + 140 + 140) x 2 = 1,120 TPs ?

Are there any better TP earning options if I need to travel to HKG in the next couple of months ?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99

If I book a BA Holidays trip to HKG in business class on QR, but with BA flight numbers will I get (140 + 140 + 140 + 140) x 2 = 1,120 TPs ?

Are there any better TP earning options if I need to travel to HKG in the next couple of months ?
Q1 yes
Q2 Sorry cant help you.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99

Could always see if something MAN-LHR-DOH-HKG or LHR-ARN-DOH-HKG was do-able?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:59 am

Royal Jordanian

Just flew on Royal Jordanian to bag some tier points. It has not come through and I have a return flight tom. The tier points meant that I would have made silver and get extra case and lounge. Do I really have to just wait (at least 10days according to BA website) or is there a way to call up and get them to expedite it?

And if calling, is it BA or RJ?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shayele
The tier points meant that I would have made silver and get extra case and lounge. Do I really have to just wait (at least 10days according to BA website) or is there a way to call up and get them to expedite it?
Unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm in the same situation as you (should have already moved to silver), but have some flights from QF not credited for over two months and counting. I've written, called, tried everything to expedite, and nothing works. More recently, I flew two legs on IB 14 days ago now, and still nothing. I'm completely losing my faith on BAEC and actually considering investing time (and money) on renewing my status-matched TP *G.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by shayele
Just flew on Royal Jordanian to bag some tier points. It has not come through and I have a return flight tom. The tier points meant that I would have made silver and get extra case and lounge. Do I really have to just wait (at least 10days according to BA website) or is there a way to call up and get them to expedite it?

And if calling, is it BA or RJ?
If you've flown with your ba exec number then it's BA. There's a place for claiming missing avios on the website or you can submit a complaint and use the topic BA exec club. Generally the latter for something that's been denied by the automated systems. For the latter you can append a scan of your boarding pass or other evidence. Response times vary.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:49 am

I'm trying to figure out a TP run in mid-September 2023 for minimal nights, preferably three or less, can be more as needed. Flexible through to October time on dates.
I've found various routes that sorta work, but it's always an AA 001 ticket. This is no good for me, as I have a BA eVoucher, so I must book with BA directly on a 125 ticket.
Typically that means dropping a flight leg in the itinerary by comparison, far as I can see, but best I'm getting is circa 440TPs for about 1400 at the moment (out of DUB).
I'm hopeful to find something almost double on the points front, a good 760-er would be ideal (and, no, BA Holidays don't accept eVouchers, so no go on the Double TP offer either).
Don't mind where, but US is most logical for maximising.
I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any tip-offs, do appreciate it.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
(and, no, BA Holidays don't accept eVouchers, so no go on the Double TP offer either).

Well, yes, BA Holidays do accept eVouchers.

You can't use it to pay the initial deposit (as far as I know), but once you've booked you can e-mail [email protected] and they will apply your eVoucher to the outstanding balance. All you need to do is include your name, booking reference, details of your flights (dates and route) and the eVoucher number and amount.

They will then apply the eVoucher off your outstanding balance (ie: your outstanding balance will reduce, but it will not show as a payment in that box) and you're done. I applied three eVouchers at different times to a BA Holidays booking this year and it worked just fine.

Hope that helps!
becks1 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Well, yes, BA Holidays do accept eVouchers.

You can't use it to pay the initial deposit (as far as I know), but once you've booked you can e-mail [email protected] and they will apply your eVoucher to the outstanding balance. All you need to do is include your name, booking reference, details of your flights (dates and route) and the eVoucher number and amount.

They will then apply the eVoucher off your outstanding balance (ie: your outstanding balance will reduce, but it will not show as a payment in that box) and you're done. I applied three eVouchers at different times to a BA Holidays booking this year and it worked just fine.

Hope that helps!
Now scouring decent fares ex-JER lol
Although can't seem to find how to part pay a BA Holiday... seems to want full whack, not just deposit.
Thanks!
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'm trying to figure out a TP run in mid-September 2023 for minimal nights, preferably three or less, can be more as needed. Flexible through to October time on dates.
I've found various routes that sorta work, but it's always an AA 001 ticket. This is no good for me, as I have a BA eVoucher, so I must book with BA directly on a 125 ticket.
Typically that means dropping a flight leg in the itinerary by comparison, far as I can see, but best I'm getting is circa 440TPs for about 1400 at the moment (out of DUB).
I'm hopeful to find something almost double on the points front, a good 760-er would be ideal (and, no, BA Holidays don't accept eVouchers, so no go on the Double TP offer either).
Don't mind where, but US is most logical for maximising.
I booked one of these recently ( the one i booked was to vegas, on AA for the last leg, and upgraded 3of 4 legs to F using GUF1) for 1350 - but i just went back to ITA and couldnt find anything like it - sorry Maybe better/more experienced FTers will help ?

trolleymusic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.