Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSwede
I tried looking for the fare code on Finnair while in the booking process, but can’t find them anywhere. After my mess ups with the last booking I did, I want to be absolutely sure I will get full TP. If it says Business light, am I good to go?
Yes.
CaliforniaSwede likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSwede
I tried looking for the fare code on Finnair while in the booking process, but can’t find them anywhere. After my mess ups with the last booking I did, I want to be absolutely sure I will get full TP. If it says Business light, am I good to go?
on a smartphone the booking class shows during reservation as per screenshots. On desktop it will be shown on the right sidebar.

jp_fin, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks! All booked in for the december 13th.

I huge thank you to all that took the time to advice and answer!
FlightDetective and palcsaky like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (silver) and Miles and More
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for any weekend TP runs in January 2023 ex Brussels on BA or AY? I need around 400 TP by end of March so can do a couple of runs, but not really sure whether BRU-LHR-HEL is the best type of trip to try, or even how to compare prices efficiently. I would be grateful of any advice!
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by eurodan
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for any weekend TP runs in January 2023 ex Brussels on BA or AY? I need around 400 TP by end of March so can do a couple of runs, but not really sure whether BRU-LHR-HEL is the best type of trip to try, or even how to compare prices efficiently. I would be grateful of any advice!
you could book BRU-LHR-SOF-LHR-BRU on one ticket Friday to Sunday and a separate nested ticket SOF-LHR-SOF Saturday-Sunday. Immediate turnaround in Sofia. You will need hotel near Heathrow Friday night and Saturday night. Cheapest flights come at £875 + hotel The trip would earn 400TP.
example screenshots for last weekend of March

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
in need of 235 TP by the end of my collection year (8th Jan).

I've found the following in december with minimal time off using a weekend. Is there anything out there that can beat it from a TP/Price/Convinience perspective?

I'll position to DUB either from southampton, or LHR.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That's 160 TPs for £581. Surely there must be a better value route? Even 2x short LHR-DUB/NCL/GLA etc. returns should be possible for about £200-250 each?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
That's 160 TPs for £581. Surely there must be a better value route? Even 2x short LHR-DUB/NCL/GLA etc. returns should be possible for about £200-250 each?
you're right - i had in my head that LHR-OSL was 80TP like LHR-HEL - oops.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
in need of 235 TP by the end of my collection year (8th Jan).
What number are you on now - and what level are you aiming for? Is it possible that you are already at (or will soon be at) the reduced requirement before 31 Dec 22 for whatever level you are after? (eg 1125 for gold)?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:53 am

I'm at 890, so targeting reduced threshold for gold this calendar year.

Plan B is to remain silver, and then secure somthing early new year to get me on way to gold as part of new collection year - something i wouldnt be against either - just trying to be an opportunist!
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
I'm at 890, so targeting reduced threshold for gold this calendar year.

Plan B is to remain silver, and then secure somthing early new year to get me on way to gold as part of new collection year - something i wouldnt be against either - just trying to be an opportunist!
Expensive but simple is to do HEL-AGP return (280tp total), example of a back to back routing in a couple of weeks at a weekend...

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...wFCSV8xKVcJV26

Heads up that I've never tried to B2B at AGP so don't know if it's possible, I'm sure the info will be available on the B2B thread.

If not, pay an extra £100 and come back on the lunchtime flight...
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Expensive but simple is to do HEL-AGP return (280tp total), example of a back to back routing in a couple of weeks at a weekend...

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...wFCSV8xKVcJV26

Heads up that I've never tried to B2B at AGP so don't know if it's possible, I'm sure the info will be available on the B2B thread.

If not, pay an extra £100 and come back on the lunchtime flight...
I did an AGP B2B and it was very relaxed - disembarked, went up to the lounge, had a few snacks, then back down to the aircraft no problems. I don't know if there are remote stands in AGP though and if they are frequently used and if that would cause problems...
cbyrne92 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, note that the info in the b2b thread will relate to BA and therefore relate to a non-schengen arrival,

AY would be a schengen arrival and apparently it is all mixed in that area so it would be very simple.
cbyrne92 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (silver) and Miles and More
Originally Posted by palcsaky
you could book BRU-LHR-SOF-LHR-BRU on one ticket Friday to Sunday and a separate nested ticket SOF-LHR-SOF Saturday-Sunday. Immediate turnaround in Sofia. You will need hotel near Heathrow Friday night and Saturday night. Cheapest flights come at £875 + hotel The trip would earn 400TP.
example screenshots for last weekend of March

Thanks very much for this! :-)
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tier Point Run positioning

I am looking to do my positioning flight for a TP run to USA on Tuesday 29th Nov from EDI- DUB around lunchtime. The weather forecasts appear to be saying that mist/fog is likely on the east coast in the morning. Does anyone have access to the detailed weather maps that can suggest what the impact on flight operations on Tuesday ?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.