Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Here is an example of using the multi city option, in a very basic way. Play with it and add features and rules to see how it affects your results.
I meant the multi-function tool on BA. A lot of people have mentioned they have booked using the multi city tool on BA.com.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Ahh, sorry.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shamankian
With complex itineraries on BA stock, it is only possible to book via a travel agent, or by calling up BA and having all the flights and fare buckets at hand. So give them a call, and have the flight numbers at hand!
Yes, you can call BA and they'll book it and price it in GBP so no forex fees. Some BA agents will insist on picking BA codes for you, but it's not necessary, BA agents should be able to book any JV fares on 125-stock.

You can use a reputable Travel Agent - I've used in the past Propeller Travel, but any real TA should be able to replicate it.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AIKE
Thank you both for your help. I have no idea why I didn't think of Dublin as a good exEU place to start, especially as there are so many flights between GLA/EDI to the city.

Rearranged with the following as it is much more convenient for me and my wife (I'm already pushing her temperance levels with this one so no more legs to be added ( ).

I can book it through American Airlines fine, but when I try the multi-city function on BA it says my JFK-LAX flight highest class available is economy. However, on AA I've been on the seat selection at the cabin is fairly empty at the minute. I would prefer to maximise my avios via buying with BA on my Amex so I will give them a call and see if they can assist.
This problem should resolve itself if you select your desired flights and move to the next stage of the booking process. I had a similar problem this morning booking an itinerary from BUD-LHR-JFK-SFO-JFK-LHR-BUD on one of the AA legs, but it resolved itself on the following page and I have been able to select a seat in the Business Class cabin. If for some reason it does still show Economy on the trip summary after you've selected your flights, best to give them a call.

EDIT: Whoops, I see it's sorted - didn't refresh the page before replying!

Last edited by BA850; Jun 16, 2022 at 7:42 am Reason: Edited to clarify comment.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
One issue with DUB is that it can be frantically expensive overnighting there.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
One issue with DUB is that it can be frantically expensive overnighting there.
Especially as 3 of the IHG airport hotels are indefinitely out of commission.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:17 am

Yeah, almost JFK levels of hotel airports. There's actually a 23:45 flight Ryanair flight from Edinburgh the night before we leave which is tempting me...

What's the consensus on if paying to select your CW seat in advance is a waste of money or not here? My instinct says to gamble and wait.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:41 pm

I'm looking for a top up of 200TPs before the end of October - my collection year ends 8th Nov and it would take me to Gold. I've found LHR-SOF in October returning 2 weeks later in business for 160 TPs and SOF-LHR on the same dates in economy for 40 TPs which is coming out at £293 total - or £1.47/TP. Are there any other deals people are aware of for min 200TPs by end of October that is better than this? Or how about some inspiration for something alternative? Thanks in advance
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by AIKE
Yeah, almost JFK levels of hotel airports. There's actually a 23:45 flight Ryanair flight from Edinburgh the night before we leave which is tempting me...

What's the consensus on if paying to select your CW seat in advance is a waste of money or not here? My instinct says to gamble and wait.
If it's the new style CW in a 1-2-1 formation, I'd say dont bother. They're all much the same - you're either aisle or window. plus they're laid out a bit diagonally so they're all quite individually private. 2 sat next to each other will have an unmovable big wall/shelving unit/tv screen between you - you might as well be anywhere. I would take my chances and ask at the check in desk. I just did BA172 in CW from JFK to LHR the otherday on Boeing 777 so can confirm the above.

If it's the A380, it's laid out as 2-4-2 (I believe - it's been a while for myself) and you can have 2 sit next to eachother with/without the privacy screen between you
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by martmeister
I'm looking for a top up of 200TPs before the end of October - my collection year ends 8th Nov and it would take me to Gold. I've found LHR-SOF in October returning 2 weeks later in business for 160 TPs and SOF-LHR on the same dates in economy for 40 TPs which is coming out at £293 total - or £1.47/TP. Are there any other deals people are aware of for min 200TPs by end of October that is better than this? Or how about some inspiration for something alternative? Thanks in advance
Try to start your journey to Sofia at Manchester, you will get 240 TP at a cost around 390, not bad in case you want to get Gold!
martmeister likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This looks good, SOF is very easy for B2B. The only issue with this is that as I recall the timings aren't wonderful out of LHR.
martmeister likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:17 pm

Thanks for the idea. I live a 30min drive from LHR so timings are not a big issue.

So we're down to the following options:
1) My orig itinerary 200TPs £293 £1.47/TP 2x B2B flights but definitely agro from the mrs
2) MAN-SOF 240TPs £420 £1.75/TP with an overnight stay in SOF for an extra £50
3) MAN-SOF 240TPs £430 £1.80/TP done as 2x one-way tickets and going for the B2B for least agro from the mrs

Decisions decisions ...
JayTee likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:37 am

There's good availability on BUD-SFO in January/February 2023 for 647,000 HUF (roughly 1388 GBP).

Choosing BA instead of AA in the Matrix pushes the price up to 652,000 HUF (roughly 1398 GBP), but the itinerary was bookable on the BA website for the lower price.

Routing is as follows:
BUD-LHR-JFK-SFO-JFK-LHR-BUD
640 TP

There are more TPs to be had on the HNL route, but I couldn't find any availability around the 1300 GBP mark.
m8_rotate and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
The BUD to West Coast/Hawaii is currently on the six month in advance area, and we're approaching December 18th for bookings at the moment (6 months from now). It covered as far as I remember SFO, LAX, Hawaii, SAN, PDX and LAS when I looked (could include OAK, SJC, SEA, PHX). Prices were 1350-1450 but the pound has plunged in the last month or so since I last looked.
Rim1, BA850 and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:19 am

Thanks for the idea. I live a 30min drive from LHR so timings are not a big issue.

So we're down to the following options:
1) My orig itinerary 200TPs £293 £1.47/TP 2x B2B flights but definitely agro from the mrs
2) MAN-SOF 240TPs £420 £1.75/TP with an overnight stay in SOF for an extra £50
3) MAN-SOF 240TPs £430 £1.80/TP done as 2x one-way tickets and going for the B2B for least agro from the mrs

Decisions decisions ...
Always avoid the agro
martmeister likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.