Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:52 pm

Hey guys

I've been out of the game for a while, for which I was unsubscribed from here
i just want to ask a quick question
However a trip came up
I need to be August in the West Coast usa I'm very flexible with states, e.g. SEA, LAX etc.

Ex Europe I'm very flexible too
Don't mind making as many stops as u can to pick up some extra tps
Anything decent out there at this time?

TIA
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
What have you found so far?
JessicaTam and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
What have you found so far?
truth be told not much
i was looking here upwards the thread to see if I can find anything decent

Haven't fired up GF or the matrix yet
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Palty
truth be told not much
i was looking here upwards the thread to see if I can find anything decent

Haven't fired up GF or the matrix yet
Fire up Matrix and see what you can conjure up. Depends on how much you want to spend in terms of time/cash, I guess. There are lots of ideas on here - I used them to make my first TP run. Good luck.
Misco60 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Planning to take advantage of the ex Bud HNL winter fares through HNL. Can anyone clarify, if I book in 'I; class for the LHR - HEL - LHR legs does this count as 'Business Light' fare and therefore no lounge access even though I am BA GGLL? Any thoughts much appreciated..
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Bluebrummie2000
Planning to take advantage of the ex Bud HNL winter fares through HNL. Can anyone clarify, if I book in 'I; class for the LHR - HEL - LHR legs does this count as 'Business Light' fare and therefore no lounge access even though I am BA GGLL? Any thoughts much appreciated..
I don't think it counts as Business Light, but even if it does you'll still get lounge access due to your status.
Lefly and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Thx - I thought so.... Just need persuade Mrs BB that the trip just before Xmas is worthwhile...
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Bluebrummie2000
You will get lounge access regardless.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BA
Talking Linking a MR to AAdvantage

Hi - can anyone help me with this please?
I'm keen to book a BUD-HNL mileage run next April and have found plenty of availability around the £1.3K mark, which is great. My partner wants to come along, but using AAdvantage miles (or Avios) to join me on the LHR-LAX-HNL legs. All the trans Atlantics via ITA Matrix are on BA, whereas all the AAdvantage availability is on American, nothing with BA. We want to travel together, and while my partner is happy for me to go round the houses via Budapest, isn't prepared to do so themselves. Any positive ideas would be very welcome! Thanks, David.

PS please don't suggest getting a new partner, I've already ruled that option out.
JessicaTam and LCSinTexas like this.

Last edited by BCALDavid; Jun 11, 2022 at 10:47 am Reason: error
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any cheap 160tp runs at the moment? I can travel anytime in August from either LHR or LGW.

Can be two separate trips but ideally a quick one to get me Gold for the first time!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by BCALDavid
Hi - can anyone help me with this please?
I'm keen to book a BUD-HNL mileage run next April and have found plenty of availability around the £1.3K mark, which is great. My partner wants to come along, but using AAdvantage miles (or Avios) to join me on the LHR-LAX-HNL legs. All the trans Atlantics via ITA Matrix are on BA, whereas all the AAdvantage availability is on American, nothing with BA. We want to travel together, and while my partner is happy for me to go round the houses via Budapest, isn't prepared to do so themselves. Any positive ideas would be very welcome! Thanks, David.

PS please don't suggest getting a new partner, I've already ruled that option out.
I think if you buy the BA flights it adds about £400 to the fare.

Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by maxpedals
Any cheap 160tp runs at the moment? I can travel anytime in August from either LHR or LGW.

Can be two separate trips but ideally a quick one to get me Gold for the first time!
angeloedades likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:34 am

Thanks Markie, but I need to find AA flights from LHR to LAX as part of the BUD-HNL run (which are £2.2K, not the £1.3K I want to pay) or find BA flights available from LHR to LAX via AAdvantage, which I'm having no luck finding.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BCALDavid
Thanks Markie, but I need to find AA flights from LHR to LAX as part of the BUD-HNL run (which are £2.2K, not the £1.3K I want to pay) or find BA flights available from LHR to LAX via AAdvantage, which I'm having no luck finding.
Not sure what your risk tolerance is like, but you’re certain to get to get schedule changes. This should allow you to optimise your trip and get on the flights you want when that happens.

EDIT: I’ve had a look and I can see both AA and BA flights from LHR to BOS. The search screenshots show LHR to BOS, but you mention LHR to LAX on AA. Obviously BOS to LAX will be on AA. I also see both AA and BA flights back from LAX to LHR.

You can buy the ticket from whoever offers the cheapest price. Seller doesn’t matter as long as you get on the operating carrier you want. I.e., you can buy a Ba operated flight from AA no problem.
BCALDavid likes this.

Last edited by RichieMc; Jun 11, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:35 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Not sure what your risk tolerance is like, but you’re certain to get to get schedule changes. This should allow you to optimise your trip and get on the flights you want when that happens.
That hadn't occurred to me.... excellent suggestion, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.