Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by petez
Is this fare still available - I have tried the exact search as per your first screenshot and get a nil return ? Any tips welcome
You can still get the same route when I search - might be a change to some of the flight numbers, but that's to be expected. (this is the EXACT same search as I used last time, as it's a saved search and I just re-ran it):
Old May 22, 2022, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Are there any decent LAX-SJC runs or some variant for Q4 of this year?
Old May 22, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by gingeola
Which office did you call? I’ve tried making new bookings over the phone with BA and it does not seem possible at the moment.
If you have a voucher you’re not actually making a new booking, you’re reissuing an old ticket. It might seem a small difference, but it’s not - it means you can call the change booking team and they’ll help you.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Are there any decent LAX-SJC runs or some variant for Q4 of this year?
Why don’t you have a look and see? Plenty of help in getting started with ITA upthread.
Old May 22, 2022, 10:04 am

first time for a combined family visit/tier point run
just managed to book EDI-LHR-ORD/MCO-SFO-JFK-LHR-EDI for 596£
should get 320 Tier points, is this a good rate?
booking classes for reference; S,B,H,B,T,K
find it kind of weird to be booked into such high economy fare classes concerning the ticket price.
dougzz likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Confus
If you have a voucher you’re not actually making a new booking, you’re reissuing an old ticket. It might seem a small difference, but it’s not - it means you can call the change booking team and they’ll help you.
Ah got it, I missed that you were using a voucher. Thank you!
Old May 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
JFK-CGK US$2640ai RT in business class.
Thought I'd post here as the fare is still alive, at least on JFK-CGK.
I do realize the TP per $ is higher with this, but -- With prices from my city (MSP) being around $2100 *in coach* for late June, this is a great way to work towards BA status and go somewhere tropical!
For BA TP collectors, I managed to book for 840TPs and $2637:
20JUN JFK-SFO transcon (full flat)
21JUN SFO-NRT-CGK (JL codeshares)
29JUN CGK-NRT-SFO-JFK (JL/JL/AA transcon)
Even better is that I had an AA ticket credit for $700, which I'm allowed to use if it's all AA flight numbers-- so this has become quite attractive!
Just for fun, I accepted the AA offer to F on JFK-SFO, since I'll have several hours at JFK to enjoy the Flagship First Dining, etc.
(I'm told those in-app upgrades are seen as ancillary money for AA so it won't credit to BA as F; just the normal 140TPs for business class on the transcon).
Calchas likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by Swiss03
first time for a combined family visit/tier point run
just managed to book EDI-LHR-ORD/MCO-SFO-JFK-LHR-EDI for 596£
should get 320 Tier points, is this a good rate?
booking classes for reference; S,B,H,B,T,K
find it kind of weird to be booked into such high economy fare classes concerning the ticket price.
Looks good to me. Anything less than £2 a TP is ok, it's quite rare to do these in economy, you can knock out 320TPs with a couple of J B2Bs to Sofia for a bit less, but if it gets you where you want to be and makes you some TPs, it's all good.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I do realize the TP per $ is higher with this, but -- With prices from my city (MSP) being around $2100 *in coach* for late June, this is a great way to work towards BA status and go somewhere tropical!
Even better is that I had an AA ticket credit for $700, which I'm allowed to use if it's all AA flight numbers-- so this has become quite attractive!
Just for fun, I accepted the AA offer to F on JFK-SFO, since I'll have several hours at JFK to enjoy the Flagship First Dining, etc.
(I'm told those in-app upgrades are seen as ancillary money for AA so it won't credit to BA as F; just the normal 140TPs for business class on the transcon).
Just be aware that both NRT and CGK still pretty much closed. Japan has announced to open up, but the timetable is still not confirmed and in Indonesia just Bali is open. (There are exceptions, but I don‘t think mileage runs count …)
Old May 22, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Just be aware that both NRT and CGK still pretty much closed. Japan has announced to open up, but the timetable is still not confirmed and in Indonesia just Bali is open. (There are exceptions, but I don‘t think mileage runs count …)
Narita, maybe: but Jakarta's doing fine. Visitors to Indonesia no longer need PCR tests.
lsquare and Lefly like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
duplicate
Old May 22, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Discussed extensively here: AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business And contrary to the thread title, yes, CGK is discussed as well as HAN. BKK still hasn't come back.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
There's no ticketing desk landside by BA. As for doing it e.g. at the lounge, that's obviously not doable.
I cant remember what it was called, but I was sent to a couple of desks to the right hand side of the Family check in area at the back of T5. It wasn't ticket sales as such, but something like ticket management. The lady there was able to sell a ticket although it wasn't the core role of that desk.
Arsey00 and TrainDriverSparky like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Not quite a TPR in its truest sense, but exploring B2B flights using nested flights on 160 TP destinations in Europe. Considering LGW-CAT as a first option on 7 and 14 September, giving 2 x 160 TPs. If anyone has experience of this, is there any problem with just waiting by the gate on turnaround at CAT?
Old May 24, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by higham44
Not quite a TPR in its truest sense, but exploring B2B flights using nested flights on 160 TP destinations in Europe. Considering LGW-CAT as a first option on 7 and 14 September, giving 2 x 160 TPs. If anyone has experience of this, is there any problem with just waiting by the gate on turnaround at CAT?
I just did a jer-lhr-cta-lgw/lhr-jer nested in a agp-lhr-jer-lhr-agp for 400TP but had a couple of days in Sicily so can't comment of the B2B nature at CTA. The only issue I can think of is that there is a shengen/passport element which would probably mean you need to exit/enter. Hopefully others will chime in.

Last edited by sunshinebob; May 24, 2022 at 3:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.