Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Platinum, A3 Silver
Originally Posted by higham44
Not quite a TPR in its truest sense, but exploring B2B flights using nested flights on 160 TP destinations in Europe. Considering LGW-CAT as a first option on 7 and 14 September, giving 2 x 160 TPs. If anyone has experience of this, is there any problem with just waiting by the gate on turnaround at CAT?
Just minor nitpicking (but to avoid confusion) Catania is CTA
Old May 24, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Reanimation
Just minor nitpicking (but to avoid confusion) Catania is CTA
Yes, apologies, I realised that just after I posted the message.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:03 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
This is a rather specific TP run and I'm not sure how it's ticketed as R/T (I was only able to book a O/W online), but the following is available:

CMB-DOH-AMM-Europe (CDG, LHR, MAD, any RJ destination) £750 O/W or £1250 R/T, netting you 140 + 40 + 140 (+140 + 40 + 140) = 320 TP / 640 TP for O/W and R/T, respectively, at a rate of £2.5/TP or £1.94/TP. Available through September 14.

N.B. #1: You need to choose a western Europe destination for AMM-Europe, as anything east of France only nets 40 TP as they are less than 2000 mi mark -- OK: LHR, CDG, BRU, AMS, MAD // Not OK: Italy, Germany, BCN (short by 15 miles!!)
N.B. #2: There are days where AMM-Europe are operated by narrow bodies (A320-series), this could be a long flight on this type of plane -- there are more comfortable ways to make this particular trip!
Markie, Perisai and LCSinTexas like this.

Last edited by BA Humbug; May 24, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Old May 25, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
CMB-DOH-AMM-Europe (CDG, LHR, MAD, any RJ destination) £750 O/W or £1250 R/T, netting you 140 + 40 + 140 (+140 + 40 + 140) = 320 TP / 640 TP for O/W and R/T, respectively, at a rate of £2.5/TP or £1.94/TP. Available through September 14.
nice find but not sure I’d go to Sri Lanka right now, given this:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/sri-lanka

Although the FCO think airside transit is okay, I wonder how easy a B2B is in CMB anyway?

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to Sri Lanka, due to ongoing political and economic instability. This advice does not apply to airside transit through Sri Lanka’s international airport.

Old May 25, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by higham44
Not quite a TPR in its truest sense, but exploring B2B flights using nested flights on 160 TP destinations in Europe. Considering LGW-CAT as a first option on 7 and 14 September, giving 2 x 160 TPs. If anyone has experience of this, is there any problem with just waiting by the gate on turnaround at CAT?
Pre Coivd did some trips to CTA, and each time, bar 1, was bussed on and off the Aircraft. A bit risky I would say. Iceland KEF mixes incoming and outgoing. Occasionally reasonable fares.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
B2B in CMB is extremely easy. You come out airside, pop into the lounge, and then reboard. As many of us who did the Jakarta runs will attest (these were often on the same aircraft).
JessicaTam, ubiest and Rim1 like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
This is a rather specific TP run and I'm not sure how it's ticketed as R/T (I was only able to book a O/W online), but the following is available:

N.B. #1: You need to choose a western Europe destination for AMM-Europe, as anything east of France only nets 40 TP as they are less than 2000 mi mark -- OK: LHR, CDG, BRU, AMS, MAD // Not OK: Italy, Germany, BCN (short by 15 miles!!)
N.B. #2: There are days where AMM-Europe are operated by narrow bodies (A320-series), this could be a long flight on this type of plane -- there are more comfortable ways to make this particular trip!
As a small remark, BAEC has decreased the number of Tier Points earned for Royal Jordanian Business for LHR-AMM vv. to 80 Tier Points rather than 140 Tier Points.
lsquare and BA Humbug like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As a small remark, BAEC has decreased the number of Tier Points earned for Royal Jordanian Business for LHR-AMM vv. to 80 Tier Points rather than 140 Tier Points.
That’s weird. I assumed the rationale for not paying 140TP on their own flights was because they have a CE and not a CW cabin. But I’ve read that RJ LHR-AMM has a worldwide not a European business configuration and that tickets are more expensive than BA for this reason. So why won’t they award the higher number of points?
Old May 25, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by m8_rotate
Pre Coivd did some trips to CTA, and each time, bar 1, was bussed on and off the Aircraft. A bit risky I would say. Iceland KEF mixes incoming and outgoing. Occasionally reasonable fares.
Thanks. I will probably do an overnight to CTA in September and will look at KEF too. SOF is an easy B2B.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
That’s weird. I assumed the rationale for not paying 140TP on their own flights was because they have a CE and not a CW cabin. But I’ve read that RJ LHR-AMM has a worldwide not a European business configuration and that tickets are more expensive than BA for this reason. So why won’t they award the higher number of points?
There was a lengthy discussion of this issue back when it was first implemented. Apparently, BA is trying to attract their own customers to fly them rather than Royal Jordanian, despite both airlines offering two different products by stopping the incentive of Royal Jordanian flights awarding extra Tier Points.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
CDG is still 140 Tier Points for RJ I believe.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ceej123
CDG is still 140 Tier Points for RJ I believe.
I flew FRA-AMM in business recently and was shocked to find it only allocated 40 TPs. It was on a dreadful old A319 as well.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hartwith
I flew FRA-AMM in business recently and was shocked to find it only allocated 40 TPs. It was on a dreadful old A319 as well.
As its just under 2000 miles that looks right; CDG and AMS look like the sweet spots for RJ but yeah I've noticed the a lot of European destinations look like they get the A319 instead of the 787.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:38 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thanks, I didn't know that! What a shame ...

Originally Posted by salut0
nice find but not sure I’d go to Sri Lanka right now, given this:
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/sri-lanka

Although the FCO think airside transit is okay, I wonder how easy a B2B is in CMB anyway?
I have been recently and the situation isn't as nearly bad as FCO writes, I suspect it's mainly for the insurance companies -- no shortages that I've seen, and even outside of the resorts life is normal.

B2B with QR I haven't tried, but EK is unable to issue you boarding passes in DXB and the transit desk gets a bit huffy when you're doing a strict B2B as opposed to a transit, although they will still issue you a boarding pass if you have all the documents.

Transit is super easy, as mentioned above.

Originally Posted by ceej123
As its just under 2000 miles that looks right; CDG and AMS look like the sweet spots for RJ but yeah I've noticed the a lot of European destinations look like they get the A319 instead of the 787.
MAD is also available if you'd like to end up at a OW hub, 4x per week
Old May 26, 2022, 11:08 pm

675 TP before Sept ‘22

Hey folks,

My Tier Point collection date ends on 8th Sept and I’m considering/thinking about doing a tier point run to collect an extra 675 TP to trigger Gold Upgrade voucher.

Any recommendations for routings that won’t break the bank?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.