Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 11:40 am

TP Run to East

Hello everyone,
After many month of browsing this thread I've decided to join as everyone is so helpful here.
Can someone please help me understand if there are any options for a TP Run to the far east, at the moment most of the posts I see are usually ex EU to USA.
I am a BA EC bronze member at the moment and would like to get to Gold or Silver.
thanks
Old May 19, 2022, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by mahrmgb
Thanks a lot, appreciate it. It's not no.1 because I class is available on that flight for other combinations.
It might be 2, but I don't understand it properly. Or 3, which would be good because I could possibly get around that.

Here's the weird bit:
Thurs BUD-HNL and Sunday HNL-BUD prices fine at Ł1,350
Thurs BUD-HNL and Saturday HNL-BUD prices fine at Ł1,450 (+Ł100 as not midweek return)
Weds BUD-LHR / Thurs LHR-HNL and Sunday HNL-BUD prices fine at Ł1,350
Weds BUD-LHR / Thurs LHR-HNL and Saturday HNL-BUD does not price fine at Ł2,200

So there is clearly availability on the relevant flights, and they can be combined as well, but there's something about the specific combination.
And yes I DO know I could just stay in HNL an extra day and be done with it, but I've got a work thing I need to be back for...

Again many thanks
I haven't checked the specific rules but usually these fare have min stay of SAT NIGHT or 3/5 nights from TURNAROUND (meaning if you get to HNL) --> i dont understand why though the THR from BUD and WED price differently - if you ping me a PM i can have a look at it (I am a TA with access to Sabre)
Old May 19, 2022, 3:59 pm

I have a trip upcoming in Feb 2nd to 7th in Maui. I am based in Helsinki, with BA Gold that I need to be renewed by Apr 2023.

As I am fairly a newbie, what would be my optimal point run with somewhat inconvenience (would travel to Budapest and tolerate layovers)?
Old May 19, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
You can book it direct with AA. You need to download the power tools extension
Is it possible to book this fare with BA using multi city search? I have a lot of vouchers to redeem on BA, which expire soon.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Sunnyqazi
Hello everyone,
After many month of browsing this thread I've decided to join as everyone is so helpful here.
Can someone please help me understand if there are any options for a TP Run to the far east, at the moment most of the posts I see are usually ex EU to USA.
I am a BA EC bronze member at the moment and would like to get to Gold or Silver.
thanks
Now that Indonesia has reopened, and dropped the pre-departure test, the only one that comes to my mind is the AUH-CMB-CGK rtn on UL, even if the current price of 951 eur seems to be a bit high at the moment (compared to the 600/700 eur before). There were various threads about it in the past.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RichieMc

Edit: in MMB I can currently change the positioning flight to the 10th for Ł8. If I can get the rest to work, I’d happily donate Ł8 towards the new management team’s bonus pool to avoid 2hours on hold!
I guess it pays sometimes to be patient (or just disorganised!) Had forgotten to change my positioning flight to the day before and only remembered this morning. Cost to change has plummeted from a lofty Ł8 to Ł1! Thought that was good value to avoid 3 hours on the phone trying to get this done. Looks like flight on the 10th is filing up…CE cabin will be a FT convention
Old May 20, 2022, 6:43 am

Hi everyone, I am Gold with a June renewal. I am about to book the BUD-HNL to renew on the reduced threshold. I have 3K in BA vouchers which expire next year so would like to utilise these. A few questions if I may;

1) Is the HNL fare only bookable ITA Matrix via AA website?
2) Any advice how to book via BA?
Old May 20, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by CW2000
Hi everyone, I am Gold with a June renewal. I am about to book the BUD-HNL to renew on the reduced threshold. I have 3K in BA vouchers which expire next year so would like to utilise these. A few questions if I may;

1) Is the HNL fare only bookable ITA Matrix via AA website?
2) Any advice how to book via BA?
1. Using ITA directly (Powertools), yes
2. By phone

Old May 20, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Originally Posted by Lefly
1. Using ITA directly (Powertools), yes
2. By phone

I think that BA are still 'prioritizing customer service calls' i.e. not taking telephone bookings. I had the same situation a few weeks ago, and the solution that I found was to turn up at Heathrow and make the booking in person.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
I think that BA are still 'prioritizing customer service calls' i.e. not taking telephone bookings. I had the same situation a few weeks ago, and the solution that I found was to turn up at Heathrow and make the booking in person.
I've got a complicated itin to book as well and will be laying over at LHR next week.
Is that something only the landside ticket desk can do or can I just walk up to the one in Galleries First to have the ticket booked?
I know I can always just call, but it seems like it would be much easier to sort this out in person :P
Old May 20, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
I've got a complicated itin to book as well and will be laying over at LHR next week.
Is that something only the landside ticket desk can do or can I just walk up to the one in Galleries First to have the ticket booked?
I know I can always just call, but it seems like it would be much easier to sort this out in person :P
Highly doubt.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
I understood there were no longer ticketing facilities at T5?
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
There's no ticketing desk landside by BA. As for doing it e.g. at the lounge, that's obviously not doable.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Thanks everyone!
Old May 20, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Now that Indonesia has reopened, and dropped the pre-departure test, the only one that comes to my mind is the AUH-CMB-CGK rtn on UL, even if the current price of 951 eur seems to be a bit high at the moment (compared to the 600/700 eur before). There were various threads about it in the past.

Thanks mate, I'll look it up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.