Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by ebwoy
Hey folks,

My Tier Point collection date ends on 8th Sept and I’m considering/thinking about doing a tier point run to collect an extra 675 TP to trigger Gold Upgrade voucher.

Any recommendations for routings that won’t break the bank?
2 BA Holidays to 160 TP destinations?

Eg Heathrow to Sofia
Plus 5 nights hotel can be had for under £600
160tp plus 160 bonus = 320
​​​​​​
Then another one to Bucharest or Catania
(Obviously avoid August) and school holidays

Potentially 640 points for £1200
(Inc accommodation)

No need to worry about missed connections or expensive US hotels
lsquare likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
When I looked at the BA holidays to the likes of Sofia, it seemed to be at ski resorts, are those practical to get to? (I assume BA holidays don't provide a free transfer).
Old May 27, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Smid
When I looked at the BA holidays to the likes of Sofia, it seemed to be at ski resorts, are those practical to get to? (I assume BA holidays don't provide a free transfer).
There are also hotel options within downtown Sofia when booking with BA Holidays.
If you book a ski resort nearby, BA would not provide a transfer. However, there are coach bus services to Bankso and major ski resorts from downtown Sofia.
Smid likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all.

I am looking to achieve 165 or 200 tier points after October 8th this year.

I cant make anything work without being either too expensive too little/too many Tier Points.

Are there any routings to achieve this?

It cant include double points but can include one or two nights away.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold and Virgin Gold, HH Diamond
Can someone point me in the direction of the thread for best current BA TP runs. TIA
ExAbz likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi all.

I cant make anything work without being either too expensive too little/too many Tier Points.

Thanks in advance.
What routes are you looking at?

Also, I'm confused as to how you need 165 or 200?
Old May 27, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by davy1974
Can someone point me in the direction of the thread for best current BA TP runs. TIA
It's this one.
Swampz64, MrPrice16 and jctech like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
What routes are you looking at?

Also, I'm confused as to how you need 165 or 200?
I'm fairly flexible to be honest. I'd quite like to stop over to make a little trip of it.

Good question.

Basically I'm about to book a 1 way to MAD in Y for 5 TP's but dependant on what I find I may or may not ned the extra 35 tier points to upgrade to Club Europe. It's quite expensive.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:46 am

What do you consider "too expensive"?
Old May 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Misco60
What do you consider "too expensive"?
£300 per person one way.
Old May 27, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all.

Thanks in advance.
Something like a MAN-LHR-SOF-LHR in Club Europe would give you 200 tier points for £346 (sample dates 4th to 6th NOV) . There might be more 80TP routes that are cheaper , just have a mess around on Google flights multi city.
MaxFlyer and gcuk like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:09 am

I booked DUB-LHR-BOS-PHX-LAX and return LAX-PHX-BOS-LHR-DUB for £1500 in Club/American 1st) for 720 tier points in mid August 22. A380 both ways , weeeee!
Had to book on AA from ITA Matrix as the BA site is very poor and wouldn't let me book AA flights, errors all over the place . Anyway to cut a long story short, the AA booking now appears on my BA page BUT missing two legs, LAX-PHX and PHX-BOS. And BA show it as 540 tier points so deffo two flights missing.
Full schedule on AA but missing two legs on BA. BA can't help, there's a surprise, so have emailed AA and still waiting for a reply. Given I need those 180 points, to retain Gold am I resigned to arguing about it after the event with BA or any suggestions on fixing it ?
I have to say the BA site is not very good, my flight booking come and go, and now this and so on... IT is BA is notoriously bad I hear.

Screenshot below ( price has marginally increased)
Old May 28, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RADIOSUTCH
I booked DUB-LHR-BOS-PHX-LAX and return LAX-PHX-BOS-LHR-DUB for £1500 in Club/American 1st) for 720 tier points in mid August 22. A380 both ways , weeeee!
Had to book on AA from ITA Matrix as the BA site is very poor and wouldn't let me book AA flights, errors all over the place . Anyway to cut a long story short, the AA booking now appears on my BA page BUT missing two legs, LAX-PHX and PHX-BOS. And BA show it as 540 tier points so deffo two flights missing.
Full schedule on AA but missing two legs on BA. BA can't help, there's a surprise, so have emailed AA and still waiting for a reply. Given I need those 180 points, to retain Gold am I resigned to arguing about it after the event with BA or any suggestions on fixing it ?
I have to say the BA site is not very good, my flight booking come and go, and now this and so on... IT is BA is notoriously bad I hear.

Screenshot below ( price has marginally increased)
Since it's an AA ticket, the BA website would not reflect all flights on MMB especially those not before/after British Airways operated flights.
There is nothing to worry about and you would get the full TP's for all the itinerary. American Airlines uses Sabre and British Airways uses Amadeus as booking partners so the synchronization between the two systems are not perfect.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by RADIOSUTCH
Anyway to cut a long story short, the AA booking now appears on my BA page BUT missing two legs, LAX-PHX and PHX-BOS. And BA show it as 540 tier points so deffo two flights missing.
This is absolutely normal; don't worry about it. You will receive all the Avios and TPs regardless of what MMB says (and, in fact, you will be credited for the AA flights far more quickly than for the BA ones).
Old May 28, 2022, 10:35 am

Would value thoughts on this. I've priced up an itinerary on matrix (BUD-LIH-BUD) for next April. The fare bucket is J + I, price is roughly 3750 GBP (1,745,000 HUF) for 3 people (2 adults, 1 child). Fare basis is AA INX1C8S4 in both directions. I've spoken with AA several times today to try to get this ticketed, but they keep telling me that they do not see any I inventory on certain segments and the one time they found J + I on the outbound legs it pushed all the return legs into R and therefore way above the Matrix quoted price. When the sales agent (who was very helpful and patient) went to colleagues in the fare team, the response was that something is happening to push the return legs such that I cannot be utilized, but they were unable to specify what. One of the agents did mention that the fare team said that there can be published and unpublished fares, which would seem to suggest that the Matrix fares are unpublished as the fare team and agent said only published fares are able to be selected when trying to price/ticket.

When looking through the fare rules, neither the agent nor I could find anything that would seem to preclude the combination. Matrix has been returning these fares consistently over the past 7-10 days across a variety of travel dates that I have looked at, so if it's a mistake it's a persistent one.

Has anyone run into this type of issue with Hawaii (or other) - related flights? If so, any guidance? Any thoughts on how to ticket on BA as I tried them, as well, but they insisted that they couldn't force the AA flight numbers on BA-operated legs). Eager to book these, but it's unclear if they're phantom fare combos or what. Thanks for any assistance.

ITINERARY
Budapest (BUD) to Lihue (LIH) - Wed, Apr 5

American 6600 Dep: 7:20AM Arr: 9:05AM 2h 45m Airbus A320 Business (J)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS
   Layover in LHR  2h 10m
American 6964 Dep: 11:15AM Arr: 1:35PM 7h 20m Airbus A380 Business (I)
   Layover in BOS  7h 0m
American 2110 Dep: 8:35PM Arr: 11:43PM 6h 8m Airbus A321 (Sharklets) Business (I)
   Layover in LAX  9h 47m
American 265 Dep: 9:30AM Arr: 12:21PM 5h 51m Airbus A321neo First (I)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lihue (LIH) to Budapest (BUD) - Tue, Apr 18

American 266 Dep: 1:00PM Arr: 9:33PM 5h 33m Airbus A321neo First (I)
   Layover in LAX  10h 27m
American 1632 Dep: 8:00AM Arr: 4:36PM 5h 36m Airbus A321 (Sharklets) Business (I)
   Layover in BOS  2h 39m
American 6963 Dep: 7:15PM Arr: 6:50AM 6h 35m Airbus A380 Business (I)
   Layover in LHR Thu, Apr 20 3h 0m
American 6601 Dep: 9:50AM Arr: 1:25PM 2h 35m Airbus A320 Business (I)

FARE AND BOOKING DETAILS

Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.

Fare for 2 adults

Fare 1: Carrier AA INX1C8S4 BUD to LIH     HUF 209,264.00
  Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code J, I
  Covers BUD-LHR (Business), LHR-BOS (Business), BOS-LAX (Business), LAX-LIH (First)

Fare 2: Carrier AA INX1C8S4 LIH to BUD     HUF 209,264.00
  Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
  Covers LIH-LAX (First), LAX-BOS (Business), BOS-LHR (Business), LHR-BUD (Business)

Last edited by nomadicted; May 28, 2022 at 11:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.