Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Executive Clue
whats were the dates of these flights? id be interested in taking this
Old May 31, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sipple89
whats were the dates of these flights? id be interested in taking this
The BUD-Hawaii ( not limited to Honolulu but also possible for LIH, OGG, KOA ) has lots of availability starting from September. It's also possible to do the routing on the summer but you would have fewer date options.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I have booked my TPR and have seats selected (for free) on each segment except for LHR-BOS at the moment. I was surprised to see that selecting my Club World cabin seat (on A380) attracts a charge of 145 Euros. Have I missed something along the way? As Silver status I always get my seat selections at time of booking free in CE and Economy. I didn't have to pay for CW seat when I redeemed a flight to ANU with Avios either in March. Apart from waiting to select seat for free at 24 hours pre-check in, can I get around that charge?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
Hello,

Looking for some advice for a family friend, they booked a tier point run from AMS-LAX/JFK-NCE back in AUG21, it has had many changes along the way and most recently a cancellation of a flight last week, they rang BA and requested a change and the change was given however it now has transpired that BA are disputing that the original fare was not valid even tho they sold it! hence the reason why they are not re issuing the tickets. They are flying this week and I am baffled and thought maybe someone in the group could shed some light in what to do next?

Thanks as always!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Flyer1508
Hello,

Looking for some advice for a family friend, they booked a tier point run from AMS-LAX/JFK-NCE back in AUG21, it has had many changes along the way and most recently a cancellation of a flight last week, they rang BA and requested a change and the change was given however it now has transpired that BA are disputing that the original fare was not valid even tho they sold it! hence the reason why they are not re issuing the tickets. They are flying this week and I am baffled and thought maybe someone in the group could shed some light in what to do next?

Thanks as always!
What do you mean by not valid? Do they have tickets issued?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by higham44
I have booked my TPR and have seats selected (for free) on each segment except for LHR-BOS at the moment. I was surprised to see that selecting my Club World cabin seat (on A380) attracts a charge of 145 Euros. Have I missed something along the way? As Silver status I always get my seat selections at time of booking free in CE and Economy. I didn't have to pay for CW seat when I redeemed a flight to ANU with Avios either in March. Apart from waiting to select seat for free at 24 hours pre-check in, can I get around that charge?
This sounds like an example of BA’s world beating IT, aka a glitch. You could try calling?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
Hiya, yes they did originally, then the cancellation took place and it required a manual re issue of the ticket and they ticketing department have said that the original ticket was not a valid fare, but the ticket prior to this cancellation had been re issued with no problems!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:08 am

Hiya, yes they did originally, then the cancellation took place and it required a manual re issue of the ticket and they ticketing department have said that the original ticket was not a valid fare, but the ticket prior to this cancellation had been re issued with no problems!
You may wish to try posting this dilemma in the BA cancellations thread. I am not really sure what is going on but it sounds like a bit of a mess.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
This is likely a synchronization issue between AA and BA systems. Since you have told us that you have issued your ticket through American Airlines be sure that your BAEC number is inside the BA codeshare PNR in addition to the original AA PNR. Since AA use Sabre and BA use Amadeus, the systems might not catch up instantly and you might need to play with the online tools a little bit when booking through AA.

Hello,

Thanks as always!
Could they have mistakenly pressed the confirm button on BA.com when they were offered a rerouting over there.
Otherwise, if there is a cancellation or a schedule change over 4 hours, the itinerary should be changed without any fare difference.

I would have HUACA if that is the case.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is likely a synchronization issue between AA and BA systems. Since you have told us that you have issued your ticket through American Airlines be sure that your BAEC number is inside the BA codeshare PNR in addition to the original AA PNR. Since AA use Sabre and BA use Amadeus, the systems might not catch up instantly and you might need to play with the online tools a little bit when booking through AA.
I booked the ticket through an AA call centre (answered in a few mins, unlike BA). The DUB-LHR and LHR-DUB flights with BA (issued by AA) have allowed me to select seats free of charge. The problem lies with the LHR-BOS flight. I will give it a couple of days to see if the system corrects itself. If not it might be a long wait on the phone trying to connect with BA.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked the ticket through an AA call centre (answered in a few mins, unlike BA). The DUB-LHR and LHR-DUB flights with BA (issued by AA) have allowed me to select seats free of charge. The problem lies with the LHR-BOS flight. I will give it a couple of days to see if the system corrects itself. If not it might be a long wait on the phone trying to connect with BA.
Are the transatlantic legs issued on AA marketing codes or BA marketing codes?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:00 pm

I've been given BA and AA booking references by the AA agent. All flights show on the AA website (but can't select BA seats there), and on my BAEC account I can select BA flight seats free except the LHR-BOS flight (which is a BA flight).
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been given BA and AA booking references by the AA agent. All flights show on the AA website (but can't select BA seats there), and on my BAEC account I can select BA flight seats free except the LHR-BOS flight (which is a BA flight).
I was not asking the operating carrier. You were clear about it's a BA flight.
In other words, when you log your reservation on AA.com, do you see BA 2xx as the flight number or AA 6xxx as the flight number for the LHR-BOS flight.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
It often happens to me when booking mixed carrier bookings on AA that I get 3 PNRs. 1 AA, 1 BA for the long hauls and 1 BA for the short hauls. So there might be another PNR. Maybe try to choose seats from the AA app: you won’t be able to select them in the AA app, but it will redirect you to the BA site. Not sure if this is your issue or it’s something to do with synchronisation mentioned by others. Worth a try.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichieMc
It often happens to me when booking mixed carrier bookings on AA that I get 3 PNRs. 1 AA, 1 BA for the long hauls and 1 BA for the short hauls. So there might be another PNR. Maybe try to choose seats from the AA app: you won’t be able to select them in the AA app, but it will redirect you to the BA site. Not sure if this is your issue or it’s something to do with synchronisation mentioned by others. Worth a try.
Indeed, that's why I asked the OP if he was on a AA codeshare on the LHR-BOS leg.
If so, he would have a 3rd PNR for that ( would be visible on AA.com ) and he must add his Exec Club Gold number to that PNR as well via BA.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.