Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyer1508
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any current TP runs from JFK domestically?
See post 3083 above.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Panix
Hey, does anyone have a tip for a Tierpoint-Run from Zero to BA Silver ex-Europe to NYC (alternatively MIA/ORD). Outgoing 10-12 June, Incoming 17-19 June.
The ex-CDG I fares are good, so if you can find availability it should work.
​I went from no status to Silver by flying FRA-LHR-ORD-DCA-JFK-ORD-LHR-FRA.
MaxFlyer and Panix like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Panix
Hey, does anyone have a tip for a Tierpoint-Run from Zero to BA Silver ex-Europe to NYC (alternatively MIA/ORD). Outgoing 10-12 June, Incoming 17-19 June.
This may seem harsh, but are you just asking someone else to make the effort for you? You have the dates, the possible destinations, so why not using all the info available in the thread start playing with various departure points in matrix and see what you find. If that leads to some specific need for help then they’ll be a number of people that’ll be glad to help, but just saying I want…… is not going to reap much of a response.

There is a specific thread for find me a fare, but in the TP thread there’s an expectation some effort is made by the poster. I would offer that with only 30ish days until travel you won’t find the best TP/price ratio.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The ex-CDG I fares are good, so if you can find availability it should work.
​I went from no status to Silver by flying FRA-LHR-ORD-DCA-JFK-ORD-LHR-FRA.
My wife wants to get back to silver ready for a lot of flying next year. Might have to look at that route.

Can it be done without spending a significant amount of time at the destination? She doesn't really have much holiday left (whole trip would ideally need to be done over three days max).
Old May 8, 2022, 6:51 am

There were also good deals from DUB/CDG/AMS-LHR-JFK-SFO-JFK-LHR-DUB/CDG/AMS for 640 TP for around £1200. All the transatlantic and transcon sectors with lie-flat seats. Not sure if they’re still around.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As another reminder, Book with Confidence would not apply if your original booking is not completed by September 30, 2022 unless there are further extensions into the policy.
If you would like to book with AA in GBP, you could specify the sales city in ITA Matrix as London, UK and change the currency option to GBP and then use Powertools to the AA UK website which would charge you in GBP.
Seems fair enough, I guess it had to end eventually, though it was nice.

Ah, I was using Bookwithmatrix extension before, which didn't work. I've now installed the Powertools for ITA one, and that doesn't work either. It gets to the end, and if I click on the browser bar to find it, its greyed out. It's a pity, because the fare is there, I checked on the AA US website, and they had it.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
LHR-SOF is a good place to look. I've recently booked a pair of nested back to backs with 5 days of car hire to get double TPs. The trip with car hire gets me 320 TPs for £350. Then you can probably get the nested trip for £250 depending on dates. Total 480 TPs. My trip is end October, not sure what deals you can get currently but I imagine it would be a bit more May-August. But you'd only burn 2 days travelling and avoid any hotel overnights. On the downside, the lounge in Sofia can't hold a candle to a Mai Tai on Waikiki Beach...
Are you planning on picking up the car?
Old May 8, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by RG1X
My wife wants to get back to silver ready for a lot of flying next year. Might have to look at that route.
Can it be done without spending a significant amount of time at the destination? She doesn't really have much holiday left (whole trip would ideally need to be done over three days max).
The Coupon Connection thread may have a solution to get her back to Silver.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Are you planning on picking up the car?
Nope. And slightly nervous about that. I have one LHR-SOF-LHR trip with 5 days of rental car in Sofia. And then a SOF-LHR-SOF nested in there. So I have a back to back on the Saturday. Then another back to back the following Thursday. So not actually possible to pick up the car. I suppose I could always change it so I pick up the car Saturday, stay Saturday night in Sofia, return the car Sunday morning and start the nested trip on the Sunday. I’ve looked closely at the T&Cs and can’t see anything specific about actually picking up the car. Not sure if there is even a way for them to check. Asked earlier upthread and nobody had any answers. Guess I’m the Guinea pig!
Old May 8, 2022, 11:43 am

I remember discussing mom either in this board or one of the car rental ones about people being charged a penalty for not picking up their cars.

This was pre-pandemic so thing may have changed. If no one can advise on the risk level from personal experience I would advise going to the car rental forum for your provider and see what the community there say.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
The Coupon Connection thread may have a solution to get her back to Silver.
Not sure what that is. Had a quick search but can't seem to find it.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by RG1X
Not sure what that is. Had a quick search but can't seem to find it.
It is located in Community forum and you must be logged in to see it.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by dougzz
This may seem harsh, but are you just asking someone else to make the effort for you? You have the dates, the possible destinations, so why not using all the info available in the thread start playing with various departure points in matrix and see what you find. If that leads to some specific need for help then they’ll be a number of people that’ll be glad to help, but just saying I want…… is not going to reap much of a response.

There is a specific thread for find me a fare, but in the TP thread there’s an expectation some effort is made by the poster. I would offer that with only 30ish days until travel you won’t find the best TP/price ratio.
Hey, thanks for your comment and also the tip with the 30 days. I don't expect anything and I also don't expect anyone to make effort for me. If someone is willing to share infos I really appreciate it and I am also willing to share infos that I have.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Smid
Seems fair enough, I guess it had to end eventually, though it was nice.

Ah, I was using Bookwithmatrix extension before, which didn't work. I've now installed the Powertools for ITA one, and that doesn't work either. It gets to the end, and if I click on the browser bar to find it, its greyed out. It's a pity, because the fare is there, I checked on the AA US website, and they had it.
something doesn‘t add up, as normally this is a fairly easy process, and ISTFlyer‘s how-to always works, i‘ve done it plenty of times that way.

Are you able at all to install the browser extension? Which browser are you using? Forget bookwithmatrix, it‘s nothing compared to powertools.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Could anyone be so kind to point me in the direction of any domestic west coast USA TP runs? Will be in LA in July and hoping to squeeze something in.

I have tried SFO, SJC, PHX but couldn’t find any reasonable fares. Appreciate might be out of the booking window.

(posted in the wrong thread so posting again!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.