Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
"all flights need to be BA marketed under the BA code", a single AA flight would disqualify you from this promotion.
Much appreciated that prompt - I’d stuff that bit up big style.

+thanks for the Maxconnect pointer - sounds exactly what I need
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Rubecula
You will arrive in terminal E on BA and if on an AA connection you will transfer to terminal B which is about an 8 minute walk but the problem is the walk is not obvious. If you do not know the the route I would recommend taking a bus.
Thanks. I've got a 4-hour layover so might try the walk for a bit of exercise.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Splotly
I’m in the GGL group that has the opportunity to renew with only 2,250 TPs as long I get them before 31 Dec this year.
What is GGL?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Toto1808
What is GGL?
Gold Guest List.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:03 pm

Is somewhere any list of commonly used abbreviations for BAEC program? It would be very useful for first timers like me! )))
Wessex Man likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
For the OP wanting to route to LIH ex PHX to Hawaii flights codeshares are scarce to try and go ex LAX if you can
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Is somewhere any list of commonly used abbreviations for BAEC program? It would be very useful for first timers like me! )))
BA Forum Glossary

Hi, and welcome . The four sticky threads on this forum are a great place to start and you will find a huge amount of really useful info there. The dashboard will allow you to find what you want quickly too. Enjoy.
gcuk and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by our_kid
For the OP wanting to route to LIH ex PHX to Hawaii flights codeshares are scarce to try and go ex LAX if you can
Thanks, yes took me a while to work out that was the case yesterday and it wasn’t just me putting wrong codes into the ITA matrix tool.

Im also seeing something I don’t fully understand. If I search with “AIRLINES BA” for a round trip X-Y then sometimes the search returns results that include trips that have a connection at Z and BA code shares X-Z and Z-Y, whereas if I put in the code that tell it I want to connect in Z then it returns no results at all…

I guessing I’m doing something wrong but I can’t for the life of me see what - any ideas of obvious mistakes noobs might make?

Specific example yesterday was: LHR-LAX did return results that showed BA code shares LHR-BOS + BOS-LAX. And when I put LHR-HNL it returned BA code shares LHR-LAX + LAX-HNL. But when I put in LHR-HNL I got no results at all when I restricted to “AIRLINES BA” and “BOS LAX” / “LAX BOS”…
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Thanks, yes took me a while to work out that was the case yesterday and it wasn’t just me putting wrong codes into the ITA matrix tool.

Im also seeing something I don’t fully understand. If I search with “AIRLINES BA” for a round trip X-Y then sometimes the search returns results that include trips that have a connection at Z and BA code shares X-Z and Z-Y, whereas if I put in the code that tell it I want to connect in Z then it returns no results at all…

I guessing I’m doing something wrong but I can’t for the life of me see what - any ideas of obvious mistakes noobs might make?

Specific example yesterday was: LHR-LAX did return results that showed BA code shares LHR-BOS + BOS-LAX. And when I put LHR-HNL it returned BA code shares LHR-LAX + LAX-HNL. But when I put in LHR-HNL I got no results at all when I restricted to “AIRLINES BA” and “BOS LAX” / “LAX BOS”…
matrix struggles to find a BA codeshare after a domestic US flight. So the query with routing LAX will be successful but routing BOS LAX will not.
To get around this, use either
a) explicit airline codes on the routing “ba bos ba,aa lax ba,aa,as”, or
b) in the faring box “alliance oneworld”.

B is the more flexible, but A will allow to specify a carrier for each segment.

(Edit)
Splotly and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:58 am

It seems to be that AA leg LAX-HNL is not codeshared with BA, at least it is not available via ITA Matrix!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:38 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Looking to book BUD-HNL with a connection in HEL (BUD-HEL-LHR). Is it too risky with a 40m connection at HEL?

Does anyone have any recommendations for runs in South East Asia/South Asia or West Coast US?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
It seems to be that AA leg LAX-HNL is not codeshared with BA, at least it is not available via ITA Matrix!
Just do a little digging AA246 as an example is marketed BA4721. You might run into issues with I class availability.

Certainly does take time to put these complex itineraries together but as ever YMMV - good luck 😊
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by richh1833
Looking to book BUD-HNL with a connection in HEL (BUD-HEL-LHR). Is it too risky with a 40m connection at HEL?

Does anyone have any recommendations for runs in South East Asia/South Asia or West Coast US?
It really does depend on when you want to go? Which may be linked to your renewal? I have a couple of these runs in Nov and Dec 2022, they cost me £1350, now for the cheapest runs I can find from Mar 23 onwards they are around £1897, others with better Matrix Skills may have better options. This run is worth 880 TPs if you position to SOF in CE and an extra 160. As I mentioned knowing some timelines would be helpful. Also, there is the AGP-HEL-JFK-LAX/SFO train. I hope this helps.
RG1X and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond

Also, this is sooner in Jan 23, 840 TPS, it's worth bearing in mind that flights posted here are often snapped up by the silent observing! Good luck.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Generally, a 40 minute connection should be ok. Clearing passport control between Schengen/Non-Schengen does not take more than five minutes even with a non-EU passport. If it gets busy, they will open a few more lines.

My tightest connection was 1hr15 connection at HEL and still had enough time to pop into the lounge on the Non Schengen side for a comfort break and some breakfast.
Toto1808 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.