Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Just booked a B2B as a holiday at Sofia for the end of November and no seats until back to row 7!

Looks like loads of cars/empty hotel rooms will be left at the airport!
LeeT likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Just booked a B2B as a holiday at Sofia for the end of November and no seats until back to row 7!

Looks like loads of cars/empty hotel rooms will be left at the airport!
How does that work? You fly back on the same PNR? or is it a nested double booking?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Nested double booking
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by RichieMc
How did you request it? I usually do this on the phone or chat and get confirmed immediately. Chat is usually easier as you can feed them the flights you want using copy/paste rather than reading them over the phone.
requested thru the GGL team, I got the most important flight change I wanted done which I’m happy about. The rest were to make things ideal but these were refused. The rule I was given was changed are allowed if things have changed by 120 mins.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Decisions, decisions…..

Further Edit - having been on the BA Calculator I’m even more confused- can someone please help!! 😊

Edit- Ignore all my befuddled calculations below it’s only 40 return from NCL-LHR, which puts a different slant on it!!

I’ve got 720 tier points with a renewal date in June next year so I’ve already renewed silver til June 2024, but I’m debating making a push for gold before the tier point thresholds revert in January as I ‘only’ need 345 to get there. (I know I won’t make the threshold once it reverts- I only got this many due to the double TP BA Holidays offer)
I live in Newcastle so if I travel CE I’ve got 80 points before I start, so to speak.
I’ve got two trips to London before Christmas where I would usually take the train but I could fly, so that would get me 160 and I suppose I could do a day return to Dublin which would net an additional 160 I believe? Then ‘just’ another 25….
Having written it out it seems a no brainer!!

Last edited by redsailor; Oct 19, 2022 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by redsailor
(I know I won’t make the threshold once it reverts- I only got this many due to the double TP BA Holidays offer)
Just in case you weren't aware the double TP offer has been extended until next year.
redsailor and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by layz
Just in case you weren't aware the double TP offer has been extended until next year.
Thanks I had seen that but as I’ve not got anything planned I thought it might be sensible to take advantage of the reduced threshold now.
What is confusing me is the BA Calculator says 40 tier points each way in CE NCL-DUB but as it goes through LHR surely it should be 40 for each leg?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by redsailor
Thanks I had seen that but as I’ve not got anything planned I thought it might be sensible to take advantage of the reduced threshold now.
What is confusing me is the BA Calculator says 40 tier points each way in CE NCL-DUB but as it goes through LHR surely it should be 40 for each leg?
NCL-LHR-DUB will be 80 TP each way. If using the calculator, you need to search the sectors separately as searching as NCL-DUB will only calculate it as one sector.
redsailor likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've got to be in the Bay for a week in April, flexible on exact dates. Trying to squeeze as many points out of it without going overboard. There are fares out there but seems like much thinner pickings. Dublin is not working for many dates. Spain seems ok, but even there there is much less choice with itinerary and it's much harder to find the right combo of codeshare vs prime fight numbers. All that said, I've got 2 or 3 itineraries that work. Wondering if anyone has been able to get BA to book AS flights? They pop up on matrix all the time (see example below), but from memory, when I tried once or twice last year BA agents couldn't get it to work. I'd normally just book on AA but I'd like to use a GUF so AA not an option here.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:25 pm

Anyone got any good TP runs for 150 TP? can fly any time. and flexible on dates. want to get silver before year ends and before i leave the UK
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Do one of the CE routes that gives 80 TP each way eg HEL, SOF.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by TPonabudget
Anyone got any good TP runs for 150 TP? can fly any time. and flexible on dates. want to get silver before year ends and before i leave the UK
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Do one of the CE routes that gives 80 TP each way eg HEL, SOF.
Also OTP. 1 night stay seems a bit less than 400 gbp on selected dates in November.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
TP run with holiday

Hello all.

Needing about 1.2k tps for GGL before year end (I know!).

This double TP holidays/car point sounds too good to be true - presumably through I can’t use it for a full TP run (eg adding a car to LIS-LHR-JFK-LAX-LHR-LIS)?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by SQjunkie
Hello all.

This double TP holidays/car point sounds too good to be true - presumably through I can’t use it for a full TP run (eg adding a car to LIS-LHR-JFK-LAX-LHR-LIS)?
It's for ex-UK trips only I'm afraid. Other than that, it is true!
Lefly, wilsnunn and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SQjunkie
Hello all.

Since it has to be UK, look for JER/EDI - LHR - JFK - LAX/SFO rtn in CW, which should get 1280 TPs with a 5-night holiday and seems to be possible in December for just over £2000 (I last looked about a week ago, so may not be much left now).

EDIT: Just looked again - £1945 for JER-SFO/LAX on Dec 22-27 in CW; BA flight #s for all 6 flights
MaxFlyer, flyerkit and m8_rotate like this.

Last edited by SeattleDavid; Oct 20, 2022 at 2:02 am Reason: added info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.