Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by RafKa
You could do LGW-RAK for £200 with the current promo of using 5K Avios part payment. There's even a couple B2B options in December (not sure if BWB is actually possible in RAK but it's a pretty comfortable looking 80mins turnaround).
There is absolutely no B2B possible at RAK
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joydiv
Looking for recommendations for US West Coast TP runs on AA or AS. I need 90 TP which looks like it will have to be min. of 3 segments since apparently J tops out at 40 TP unless doing transcon.

Does anyone know if the itineraries with connections trick works with partners? For example, would flying in J SFO-LAS with a connection in LAX be the sum of SFO-LAX (40 TP) + LAX-LAS (40 TP) = 80 TP?
Yes, the only domestic flights from SFO long enough to earn 140 would be East coast or close to it. ATL and DET are far enough but of course AA doesn't fly those direct. So it would be CLT, MIA, or northeast spots.

Yes, SFO-LAX-LAS in J, on any combination of AA and AS, would be 40+40.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

…..Yes, SFO-LAX-LAS in J, on any combination of AA and AS, would be 40+40.
Remember if SFO-LAX-LAS is on the same airline and has the same flight number then it will credit as SFO-LAS, so 40TPs.
Not to be confused with SFO-LAX-SFO with the same flight number which would credit as 40+40
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:26 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Does anyone have a list of Short Haul + routes currently running? They used to be in the Wiki of previous editions ...

From 2019/2020 thread:
BA/AY short haul+ routes:
Several short haul routes earn double Tier Points due to their extended length, so instead of 40 TP for a one way in business they earn 80. This is the current list of short haul+ routes (note some of the holiday destinations may be seasonal):

LHR to/from - Athens (ATH), Bucharest (OTP), Chania (CHQ), Corfu (CFU), Gran Canaria (LPA), Helsinki (HEL), Istanbul (IST), Kalamata (KLX), Kefalonia (EFL) due to start in May 2018, Kiev (KBP) route cancelled from October 2019, Larnaca (LCA), Las Palmas (LPA) (moves from LHR to LGW 28 October 2019), Mykonos (JMK), Preveza (PVK) (starts May-Sep 2019), Reykjavik (KEF), Santorini (JTR), Sofia (SOF), St Petersburg (LED) route cancelled from October 2019, Zakynthos (ZTH), and Tenerife (TFS).

LGW to/from - Algiers (ALG), Antalya (AYT) (starts April 2020), Bodrum (BJV), Catania (CTA), Dalaman (DLM), Fuerteventura (FUE) (suspended fron Nov 2018), Heraklion (HER), Kos (KGS) (May-Oct 2019), Lanzarote (ACE), Larnaca (LCA), Las Palmas (LPA) (moves to LGW from LHR 28 October 2019), Madeira Funchal (FNC), Malta (MLA), Marrakech (RAK), Paphos (PFO), Rhodes (RHO), Tenerife (TFS), Thessaloniki (SKG), and Tirana (TIA).

LCY to/from - Mykonos (JMK), Santonrini (JTR), Skiathos (JSI), and Reykjavik (KEF).

MAN to/from - Mykonos (JMK), Malaga (AGP), and Helsinki (HEL) (operated by N7 for AY).

EDI to/from - Palma (PMI), and Helsinki (HEL) operated by AY.

BHX to/from - Malaga (AGP) (cancelled for S19).
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:01 am

Hey guys

I need some serious help please

So I've been looking up and down but im still struggling for some reason
Year end is 8th December and I need just 270 tp to retain silver status
I've looked everywhere but I'm just not getting anywhere
Can some please help me out and suggest a good route for those ?
also with the current ba promotion of 2p per avios maybe there's some good use there?
Thanks so much
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Does anyone have a list of Short Haul + routes currently running? They used to be in the Wiki of previous editions ...
Tbh apart from LED and KBP which haven't operated for a while (long before COVID and the current war/political situation), most of the other routes have been running in some form, at least seasonally from either LHR or LGW. A couple of additions are CAI and AMM which are now also 80 TPs each way list having been downgraded a couple of years ago to a "short-haul" product.
BA Humbug likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Palty
Hey guys

also with the current ba promotion of 2p per avios maybe there's some good use there?
Thanks so much
Depends on where you are. It would help if you specified your location and any budget and time constraints. The easiest way to get 280 is a return long haul in business but it's not the cheapest. You don't have much time so you will be paying more in any case.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
Depends on where you are. It would help if you specified your location and any budget and time constraints. The easiest way to get 280 is a return long haul in business but it's not the cheapest. You don't have much time so you will be paying more in any case.
Yes sorry
I'm based in London
And yes you are right it is a last minute thing and I know I'll have to pay probably a lot more but i still want to do it
I'd preferably do some eauropean trips tbh
any ideas would greatly be appreciated 🙏
Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the obvious choice is the one mentioned above, so look for RAK at £299 and take £100 off with 5k avios with the current promotion. Can be done as a daytrip or 1 night stay. That would get you 160 TPs. Perhaps book as LGW-RAK-LHR-xxx where xxx is a domestic to get you 200.

Then maybe see what you can find on Google flights as a day return or one night stay in club to get the remaining 80.
Palty likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yes sorry
I'm based in London
And yes you are right it is a last minute thing and I know I'll have to pay probably a lot more but i still want to do it
I'd preferably do some eauropean trips tbh
any ideas would greatly be appreciated 🙏
Thanks
OK
The standard way would be a ce return to a 160 destination e.g athens You might then need to do another. I'm sure others with better ideas will be along soon...
Palty likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There’s also the option of a 5 night BA holiday package to an 80Tp location eg Canaries, Greece, Malta, where you’d qualify for double TPS ie 320 .
Palty likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Hey guys

Thanks so much
If you need just 270, that means you’ve gained 180 since December last year. Does being silver actually get you that much with that level of flying? If you decide it does, then what about waiting until after Dec 8 and getting the points between Dec 9 and Dec 31. You could do a trip to one of the 80 TP destinations like SOF and add a rental car (don’t bother picking it up) for double points. You could nest a SOF-LHR-SOF trip in there to make it two B2Bs. Saturdays will be expensive so you might need to do a couple of Wednesdays off work. Could probably do all that for around £600 for 480 TPs. Doing all this after Dec 8 this year would get you to Silver until Jan 31, 2025 so no need to book a panic trip next year.

Again, you might ask if it’s worth it as that money could probably pay for upgrades and get you most of the silver benefits anyway.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
If you need just 270, that means you’ve gained 180 since December last year. Does being silver actually get you that much with that level of flying? If you decide it does, then what about waiting until after Dec 8 and getting the points between Dec 9 and Dec 31. You could do a trip to one of the 80 TP destinations like SOF and add a rental car (don’t bother picking it up) for double points. You could nest a SOF-LHR-SOF trip in there to make it two B2Bs. Saturdays will be expensive so you might need to do a couple of Wednesdays off work. Could probably do all that for around £600 for 480 TPs. Doing all this after Dec 8 this year would get you to Silver until Jan 31, 2025 so no need to book a panic trip next year.

Again, you might ask if it’s worth it as that money could probably pay for upgrades and get you most of the silver benefits anyway.
Thanks for the reply
Yes I want to keep silver because for me personally its worth it
I can take off work too so thats no an issue
I like the idea of that of doing a trip after Dec 8th so I might actually do that.

Having had another look this morning I actually found HEL-AGP for £600 with AY on a business lite so still considering that as well
But your option sounds better than mine

Although how do I get to 480 tp? I didn't quite get that part thanks
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for the reply
Yes I want to keep silver because for me personally its worth it
I can take off work too so thats no an issue
I like the idea of that of doing a trip after Dec 8th so I might actually do that.

Having had another look this morning I actually found HEL-AGP for £600 with AY on a business lite so still considering that as well
But your option sounds better than mine

Although how do I get to 480 tp? I didn't quite get that part thanks
Buy one ticket LHR-SOF-LHR with car hire. With double points for the BA Holiday promotion, that gets you 2x160=320. Then a second ticket SOF-LHR-SOF gets you 160. So 320+160=480.

Day 1:
Ticket 1: LHR-SOF
Ticket 2: SOF-LHR

Day 2:
Ticket 2: LHR-SOF
Ticket 1: SOF-LHR

Just make sure you come back here we’ll before mid November next year asking how to get the additional 1000 points you need to get Gold!!
ChocolateFactory and Palty like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Remembering that the BA Holiday part needs to be for a trip of minimum 5 nights
Palty likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.