Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Did you do this as a multi city in ITA?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by webstereo

I tried on ITA but it didn’t work as it couldn’t pick up LAX-PDX as BA codeshare. Was total luck and chance it worked on BA site.

ITA offers a version via SEA or ORD but it’s £2,008. It’s the one Y class sector that drops the price
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by webstereo
Originally Posted by victairinternational
I tried on ITA but it didn’t work as it couldn’t pick up LAX-PDX as BA codeshare. Was total luck and chance it worked on BA site.

ITA offers a version via SEA or ORD but it’s £2,008. It’s the one Y class sector that drops the price
It's a known glitch on ITA Matrix that the system would not be able to price 2 consecutive BA codeshare segments in the same direction within the US correctly.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's a known glitch on ITA Matrix that the system would not be able to price 2 consecutive BA codeshare segments in the same direction within the US correctly.

Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:54 am

I'm thinking of booking 13th - 18th Dec, LHR -> KEF in CW, which would be 320 TP, booked as a 5-night holiday.

That leaves me 25TP shy of the reduced TP for gold (which I've confirmed in another thread should be valid before end of 31st Dec)

Is there any easy(ish) connecting flight I can add to this to make up the final 25TP?

Context: I'll already be at LHR on 13th, and need to end up back in London somehow (even if it's train)
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by likethis
I'm thinking of booking 13th - 18th Dec, LHR -> KEF in CW, which would be 320 TP, booked as a 5-night holiday.

That leaves me 25TP shy of the reduced TP for gold (which I've confirmed in another thread should be valid before end of 31st Dec)

Is there any easy(ish) connecting flight I can add to this to make up the final 25TP?

Context: I'll already be at LHR on 13th, and need to end up back in London somehow (even if it's train)
You could probably tag MAN or NCL on to the return trip in club for an extra 40 TPs. eg: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...AZ8rkR6He1Nov5

You can return from NCL the next morning, one way, for about £100 in economy.
likethis likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
You can return from NCL the next morning, one way, for about £100 in economy.
Or you could take the train for £72 1st class or £49 2nd class (current fares for 0828 departure).
likethis likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’ve got 135 tier points reminding to make gold. I have return flights to Madrid in economy (says I will earn 15 tier points for this booking). Being offered an upgrade from Madrid to London for £153. Any ideas what’s the most cost effective way to make it up to the threshold? My collection year ends February but the thresholds go back up end of December. Thanks for the help
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Misco60
Or you could take the train for £72 1st class or £49 2nd class (current fares for 0828 departure).
Indeed! It is difficult to guess the best option without knowing where folk are based, where they want to spend the night, whether they can afford to travel on weekdays etc. Hence my one solution of a quick return on a working day.

Equally, you could tag the extra sector on at the beginning - eg get yourself to MAN/NCL etc, sometime on 12 Dec, and then start the main trip from there, finishing in LHR as planned. Advantage here is that you could do the Manchester shuffle HBO on 12 Dec, maybe stay locally (or at home?) that night, then check your holiday bags in the next day.

Horses for courses.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Indeed! It is difficult to guess the best option without knowing where folk are based, where they want to spend the night, whether they can afford to travel on weekdays etc. Hence my one solution of a quick return on a working day.

Equally, you could tag the extra sector on at the beginning - eg get yourself to MAN/NCL etc, sometime on 12 Dec, and then start the main trip from there, finishing in LHR as planned. Advantage here is that you could do the Manchester shuffle HBO on 12 Dec, maybe stay locally (or at home?) that night, then check your holiday bags in the next day.

Horses for courses.
Sorry, I vaguely tried to do that with "Context: I'll already be at LHR on 13th, and need to end up back in London somehow (even if it's train)"

But to be clear, I live in London, and need to be back there (eventually)
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hazgreen1
I’ve got 135 tier points reminding to make gold. I have return flights to Madrid in economy (says I will earn 15 tier points for this booking). Being offered an upgrade from Madrid to London for £153. Any ideas what’s the most cost effective way to make it up to the threshold? My collection year ends February but the thresholds go back up end of December. Thanks for the help
£153 for an extra 25 points wouldn’t be very good value. Time is your enemy here. Usually, a CE return to one of the SH+ destinations yielding 80 points each way would be À straightforward way to do it. Add in a night on the ground in Catania, Bucharest or Sofia and you’ve got a little mini city break. Problem is fares are going to be higher than usual. I’m sure if you dig around a bit you’ll be able to find something. Though it might mean taking a day off work during the week.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by likethis

Have you tried starting your trip in JER?. It would eliminate APD so might even end up cheaper. That would add 40 point plus another 5 going there if you bought the cheapest Y ticket to position. No need to add JER on on the way home
likethis likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Have you tried starting your trip in JER?. It would eliminate APD so might even end up cheaper. That would add 40 point plus another 5 going there if you bought the cheapest Y ticket to position. No need to add JER on on the way home
Didn't know that was an option - presumably I have to call up for that, as the website seems to have a fit if I choose JER as a starting destination.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott TE, Skyteam Silver
I may be too late to the party for this option, but could you confirm how to do LGW-RAK for 299GBP as all I see is significantly more?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:03 pm

Google flights is showing this price for departure on 8 December, and various dates in January/February/March 2023
okiegirl1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.