Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by AJGold
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a question for a TP run between London and Edinburgh.

If I want to do a same day turn around in Club, BA don't sell returns for immediate turn arounds. I'm looking at:
LCY - EDI: 06:55 - 08:10
EDI - LCY: 08:45 - 10:15

My question is: BA don't let you buy this return but you can buy 2 singles. Is it actually possible to make the return in time - i.e. when you get off the plane, can you get straight back on with your electronic boarding pass? Or do you have to exit the airside area and then go back through the security (i.e. does the airport force you to do this)? Also if you don't go out and back in, does it register that you are taking the flight just by having the boarding pass scanned at the gate, or is it best to go out and back in?

Would really appreciate your advice as I'm trying to get this TP run done as quickly as possible. Thanks!
This is the thread with all of the B2B information - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html

It indicates that EDI is a good prospect, as long as it is the same aircraft, which it appears to be in your example. Very few of these meet any minimum connection time requirements, so you either need to book two one-ways, which can be expensive, or you can 'nest' a couple of return trips, so that you end up going back on the same aircraft but on different tickets.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just finishing up my "tour of the lounges"...
1. EDI BA
2. DUB T1
3. LHR 1st class
4. LHR T5B Galleries
5. JFK T8 AA Flagship
6. LAX T5 Admirals Club
7. SFO T1 Admirals Club
8. LAX T4 AA Flagship
9. JFK T7 BA 1st class
10. LHR T5 Arrivals
and finally back to LHR T5 1st class.
This will net me 800TP helping me on my way to 1125 before December 31st.
Thanks to all who helped me book this and the multiple AA changes in the intervening 7 months.
in the end it was pretty flawless, apart from my delayed JFK-LHR flight last night.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:02 am

Sooo close!!!

I’m in no danger of not hitting Gold this year - I’m flying to the US for Christmas, but I want to hit gold (from current Silver) and am in the unenviable position of being 90 Tier points from 1125!!! So: One double tier point destination in Europe one way and Econ back? Or a round trip business to a ‘normal’ European destination?! So irksome (but really a first world problem!!) 🤪
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by WanderlusterBond
I’m in no danger of not hitting Gold this year - I’m flying to the US for Christmas, but I want to hit gold (from current Silver) and am in the unenviable position of being 90 Tier points from 1125!!! So: One double tier point destination in Europe one way and Econ back? Or a round trip business to a ‘normal’ European destination?! So irksome (but really a first world problem!!) 🤪
Yeah, do an OTP or SOF in CE one way and ET on the way back, 90 TPs.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Yeah, do an OTP or SOF in CE one way and ET on the way back, 90 TPs.
forgive my simple nature / ignorance(!), by SOF and OTP, you’re referring to Sofia (SOF) and Bucharest (OTP), yes? Or are these acronyms for technical terms Of which I am unfamiliar? (IdiotOnAMonday!)
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by WanderlusterBond
forgive my simple nature / ignorance(!), by SOF and OTP, you’re referring to Sofia (SOF) and Bucharest (OTP), yes? Or are these acronyms for technical terms Of which I am unfamiliar? (IdiotOnAMonday!)
Yes, and sorry for the TLA's.
below is a full list of 80 Tier point CE routes, ignore the prices.
  • Algiers (£363)
  • Antalya (£550)
  • Athens (£350)
  • Bucharest (£310)
  • Catania (£264)
  • Chania (£675)
  • Corfu (£490)
  • Dalaman (£666)
  • Funchal (£380)
  • Gran Canaria (£424)
  • Heraklion / Crete (£475)
  • Istanbul (£336)
  • Kalamata (£664)
  • Kefalonia (£506)
  • Kos (£496)
  • Lanzarote (£356)
  • Larnaca (£594)
  • Malta (£348)
  • Marrakech (£354)
  • Mykonos (£382)
  • Paphos (£578)
  • Ponta Delgada (£622)
  • Preveza Lefkada (£398)
  • Reykjavik (£284)
  • Rhodes (£510)
  • Santorini (£574)
  • Skiathos (£550)
  • Sofia (£222)
  • Tenerife (£352)
  • Terceira Island (£424)
  • Thessaloniki (£386)
  • Tirana (£316)
  • Zakynthos (£570)
hth
jay_cee87 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can 675TP (to get to gold) be done in any remotely sensible way between now and 8 Nov without selling a kidney or needing to bend the fabric of space time (ie take a week off work)?

Based in London and can swing 2-3 nights maybe.

It's a long shot I know - but seeing as it's crazy times, I thought I'd ask a crazy q.

Thank you all as always (your previous advice on turnarounds at AMS etc, was hugely helpful, so very grateful).
jay_cee87 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Sillyrabbit79
Can 675TP (to get to gold) be done in any remotely sensible way between now and 8 Nov without selling a kidney or needing to bend the fabric of space time (ie take a week off work)?

Based in London and can swing 2-3 nights maybe.

It's a long shot I know - but seeing as it's crazy times, I thought I'd ask a crazy q.

Thank you all as always (your previous advice on turnarounds at AMS etc, was hugely helpful, so very grateful).
Is the 675 required taking into account the 25% discount (1125 required). 300 would be a lot easier / cheaper.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Yes, and sorry for the TLA's.
below is a full list of 80 Tier point CE routes, ignore the prices.
  • Algiers (£363)
  • Antalya (£550)
  • Athens (£350)
  • Bucharest (£310)
  • Catania (£264)
  • Chania (£675)
  • Corfu (£490)
  • Dalaman (£666)
  • Funchal (£380)
  • Gran Canaria (£424)
  • Heraklion / Crete (£475)
  • Istanbul (£336)
  • Kalamata (£664)
  • Kefalonia (£506)
  • Kos (£496)
  • Lanzarote (£356)
  • Larnaca (£594)
  • Malta (£348)
  • Marrakech (£354)
  • Mykonos (£382)
  • Paphos (£578)
  • Ponta Delgada (£622)
  • Preveza Lefkada (£398)
  • Reykjavik (£284)
  • Rhodes (£510)
  • Santorini (£574)
  • Skiathos (£550)
  • Sofia (£222)
  • Tenerife (£352)
  • Terceira Island (£424)
  • Thessaloniki (£386)
  • Tirana (£316)
  • Zakynthos (£570)
hth

RESULT!!! As it’s essentially a Tier Point Run, I don’t mind using my Avios to make it more affordable. That being said, I sat in front of Google Flights and went through every possible permutation for my potential travel dates and found really low flights out on ET to Tirana and Business back in one day, all for the bargain of £147.50! 90 Tier Points to Gold, here I come!! (Now at Christmas to the US as Gold will be a delight!). Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Is the 675 required taking into account the 25% discount (1125 required). 300 would be a lot easier / cheaper.
I just made my points to keep silver recently so now showing as need 675 to make Gold before the 8 Nov 22.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Hi all,

Just completed a 5 night double tier points BA holiday to SOF. Enjoyed a champagne breakfast on BA892 and BA893 five days later was very lively with the cabin crew on their feet the whole time replenishing drinks. They earned their corn that's for sure.

The tracker feature on the BA app still shows 600 points as the target to reach for silver (as opposed to the discounted 450). When I hit 450 will the app bump me up to silver even though the progress tracker shows 600 TPs as the target?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Quick question for you knowledgeable lot...

I've had a schedule change on a TP run I'm doing in December on the first flight (BUD-LHR). Am I right in thinking, because of this, I can make further changes to the flights in this booking (JFK-LAX, HNL-LAX & JFK-LHR)? I'm not looking to change routing or dates, just flights at different times. If I can make changes for free, does my original booking class (I) need to be available?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Quick question for you knowledgeable lot...

I've had a schedule change on a TP run I'm doing in December on the first flight (BUD-LHR). Am I right in thinking, because of this, I can make further changes to the flights in this booking (JFK-LAX, HNL-LAX & JFK-LHR)? I'm not looking to change routing or dates, just flights at different times. If I can make changes for free, does my original booking class (I) need to be available?
Will depend on what sort of schedule change. If it’s an outright cancellation or a change that causes a misconnect then it’s open season you can change dates and even itinerary (keeping origin and destination the same). If it’s a 5 minute change then you’ll struggle to make any changes. In general, BA is more flexible than AA so might depend on who sold the ticket.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Will depend on what sort of schedule change. If it’s an outright cancellation or a change that causes a misconnect then it’s open season you can change dates and even itinerary (keeping origin and destination the same). If it’s a 5 minute change then you’ll struggle to make any changes. In general, BA is more flexible than AA so might depend on who sold the ticket.
It's a BA ticket. I've requested changes through the BA team, let's see what they come back with. Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
It's a BA ticket. I've requested changes through the BA team, let's see what they come back with. Thanks
How did you request it? I usually do this on the phone or chat and get confirmed immediately. Chat is usually easier as you can feed them the flights you want using copy/paste rather than reading them over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.