Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by tenn_ace
A bit of an off topic, but maybe not. I’m working on a run LHR-HEL-DUB-AUH-CGK which will include a week in Bali. LHR-HEL is Finnair Business Light, so I’m not sure if I will get credited full Tier points. Does anyone have an experience flying on this fare? Did you get credited full Tier points?
You will be credited full tier points according to the fare class of the underlying ticket. Additionally if you are oneworld Sapphire or Emerald, you will get priority check-in, fast-track security (where available), lounge access (+1 guest), 1 x 23kg checked bag and complimentary seat selection (including exit rows for oneworld Emerald members). If the price works out for you and you're certain of your dates, I would have no hesitation to book it.
tenn_ace and flyerkit like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerMesut
It is. Thanks so much
this is awesome! Any way to find a tool like this ex-usa? I have 250-300 tp to go and the 4 ba flights to re-up gold by 12/30
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:27 am

Dear experts,

I have a basic question that was probably asked somewhere else but can not find the answer. Not sure this thread is the accurate one but most of you probably know what I need.

What the exact rules for TP at the end of the TP year?

For instance, if I take off on the 8th (last day of my TP year) and land on the 9th (1st day of my new TP year) of the last month of my TP year, when will those TP count, year ending on 8th or year starting on 9th?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
They count on the day your flight is scheduled to take off.
welshwiz and JessicaTam like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:29 am

Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Quick question: any pointers for ~400 TPs for a colleague of mine? They want to get to Silver before end of the year and will get 40 or 70 TPs from a roundtrip flight abroad.

I tried looking for some SOF-LHR-HEL runs in November but they are quite expensive (~1k) and it's only 320 TPs :/ speedbird.online shows some fares to Marrakech and Cyprus in November (300 and 380 GBP for 160 + 160 TPs) but that's still ~80 missing
GeorgeGheal1 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
You will be credited full tier points according to the fare class of the underlying ticket. Additionally if you are oneworld Sapphire or Emerald, you will get priority check-in, fast-track security (where available), lounge access (+1 guest), 1 x 23kg checked bag and complimentary seat selection (including exit rows for oneworld Emerald members). If the price works out for you and you're certain of your dates, I would have no hesitation to book it.
thank you. Booked. )))
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: british airways
Hi everyone,

Quick question... I'm doing a quick LHR-DUB return to get my eligible flights for silver and not sure whether I need to clear passport control or not? Its a 2 hour turn around at the same terminal. Part of me thinks I can just do transfers rather than passport control as I'm not going to leave the airport. But wanted to double check what the form is...

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Unless things have changed, you will need exit and go back thru security.

Some years back you didn't need to exit as you landed at the departure gate, but that changed.

If you have fast track, then it's easy and no issues. Make sure you have your return BP before leaving lhr.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Unless things have changed, you will need exit and go back thru security.

Some years back you didn't need to exit as you landed at the departure gate, but that changed.

If you have fast track, then it's easy and no issues. Make sure you have your return BP before leaving lhr.
Thanks, Yeah I'll check in for the return when it becomes available. Was hoping to avoid the inevitable questions of why are you here for 2 hours... But sounds like I'll have to.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by haribo1979
Hi everyone,

Quick question... I'm doing a quick LHR-DUB return to get my eligible flights for silver and not sure whether I need to clear passport control or not? Its a 2 hour turn around at the same terminal. Part of me thinks I can just do transfers rather than passport control as I'm not going to leave the airport. But wanted to double check what the form is...

Many thanks in advance.
I've flown this same route for some tier points recently myself. No need to go to Passport Control, you'll be airside the whole time. When disembarking the DUB-LHR leg, follow signs for "Flight Transfers". You'll go through security again but no passport required, boarding pass only. Then you'll be through to departures area of T5. Passport still not required as part of Common Travel Area. I usually use my drivers licence.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:58 pm

Assuming that nothing has changed in the last week, you will have to go through passport control into the baggage claim area. Passport not technically required but I've always used mine at the e-gates.

DUB airport does post the security wait times but apparently only measures the time from the start of the line at security and on my visit before last the line was almost outside the terminal (Fast Track!), hopefully it's better. So you really do not want to exit through customs into the terminal unless you absolutely have to (to have manual checkin/doc check).

Assuming you have a boarding pass for the return flight, go into baggage hall, keep going straight ahead, go past the customs on your left and keep going towards bag claim 1 where you will find a rather poorly signed Flight Connections green sign. Go up the escalator, show boarding pass and a helpful person will insert you into the security line near the front.

Corridor after passport control to baggage hall

Do not turn left!

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by veron689908
I've flown this same route for some tier points recently myself. No need to go to Passport Control, you'll be airside the whole time. When disembarking the DUB-LHR leg, follow signs for "Flight Transfers". You'll go through security again but no passport required, boarding pass only. Then you'll be through to departures area of T5. Passport still not required as part of Common Travel Area. I usually use my drivers licence.
For LHR DUB same day return, , which I believe the OP is asking about, you do need to exit at DUB and show your passport and re-enter. There was a time where you could stay airside, but no more.

For DUB LHR , of course the CTA kicks in and you just go through customs in the UK.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Assuming that nothing has changed in the last week, you will have to go through passport control into the baggage claim area. Passport not technically required but I've always used mine at the e-gates.

DUB airport does post the security wait times but apparently only measures the time from the start of the line at security and on my visit before last the line was almost outside the terminal (Fast Track!), hopefully it's better. So you really do not want to exit through customs into the terminal unless you absolutely have to (to have manual checkin/doc check).

Assuming you have a boarding pass for the return flight, go into baggage hall, keep going straight ahead, go past the customs on your left and keep going towards bag claim 1 where you will find a rather poorly signed Flight Connections green sign. Go up the escalator, show boarding pass and a helpful person will insert you into the security line near the front.

Corridor after passport control to baggage hall

Do not turn left!

Wow Spongthrush! Thanks, for the info and the photos. Those are getting saved for my journey so I know where to go. I'm literally doing a turnaround so no reason to exit and come back . I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:58 pm

Getting a bit OT here, but this thread may be helpful if you haven't seen it already.

Easier to 'exit' and go back thru landslide security normally, if you have fast track and armed with BP.

Edit . Tried to add link to the back-to-back thread but cant, doesn't seem to work today, for some reason.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Oct 8, 2022 at 5:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.