Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
I was in T5 GF the other day, had a mediocre bite to eat and then headed over to T5B where my flight was departing from, boarding was delayed and it was a greenhouse so popped into T5B lounge to grab a quick drink to find that the food options were identical to GF, literally no difference (except the options looked better presented in T5B), not sure what the differentiators are any more, it's not like GF is any less of a zoo thanks to all the double TP promos and extensions (although they must be coming to an end now if not already finished).

CB
tinbox and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I popped upstairs to GC recently (I'd left GF to go to the gate only to discover an hour delay).

I was surprised to find GC had mostly identical buffet options to GF. I think there was actually more choice in GC.

Don't know how the bar offering compares as I rarely drink before or during flights, but it did appear like First Wing security is now the only real differentiator (and very useful benefit) of GF access. And maybe those sleep pods.
SxMan and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
but it did appear like First Wing security is now the only real differentiator (and very useful benefit) of GF access. And maybe those sleep pods.
And I think perhaps the odd other thing such as the champagne and the breakfast buffet.

I won't be spending much time in the GC scrum anytime soon (thankfully).
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
So went to the FLounge for the first time in months today, and discovered the lack of food menu - asked the Lounge Manager, and he said "oh it is being trialled for a few weeks to see how many complaints there will be, as to whether it will continue"... he noted that "it's not much difference from the Club lounge". As others have noted, there is chicken curry (Rogan Josh) with "hunt the chicken", fish cakes which are ok and some pasta, but yes the main positive factor for BA Gold/OWE at T5 is First Wing checkin, after that, it's a Club lounge with better drinks. It used to be a Club lounge with better drinks and food.
SxMan and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by libertyuk
So went to the FLounge for the first time in months today, and discovered the lack of food menu - asked the Lounge Manager, and he said "oh it is being trialled for a few weeks to see how many complaints there will be, as to whether it will continue"... he noted that "it's not much difference from the Club lounge". As others have noted, there is chicken curry (Rogan Josh) with "hunt the chicken", fish cakes which are ok and some pasta, but yes the main positive factor for BA Gold/OWE at T5 is First Wing checkin, after that, it's a Club lounge with better drinks. It used to be a Club lounge with better drinks and food.
FYI as of today LGW F lounge is still running the menu via QR code and the BA burger is still available there.
dca100, cbyrne92, SxMan and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
They've even given up stacking the bourbon biscuits nicely, always used to wonder how long that took someone to arrange them in that way.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bhbloke
They've even given up stacking the bourbon biscuits nicely, always used to wonder how long that took someone to arrange them in that way.
I managed to get hold of the catering briefing sheet:

To support British Airways' customer proposition, an Express Biscuit Deployment is where we take less time to re-fill biscuit containers in all British Airways UK lounges.

To do:
  • Remove container lid
  • Open packet of biscuits
  • Pour packet of biscuits into container

NOT to do:
  • Stack biscuits artfully
  • Wear gloves or use tongs at any time in the process
  • Replace container lid if placed within 10cm of container*
  • Clear crumbs (unless over 5mm in width)
  • Dispose of biscuit packaging (this can be left for the next customer)
*Except in the Concorde Room
Old Jun 29, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
What champagnes are on offer nowadays at the LHR galleries first lounge please?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by libertyuk
It used to be a Club lounge with better drinks and food.
Seems to be where it's heading, but surely the breakfast buffet is somewhat better.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Have the chocolate muffins returned? Have to say that was my guilty pleasure when passing through GC/GF/T5B, but my previous visits earlier this year they weren't there.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Have the chocolate muffins returned? Have to say that was my guilty pleasure when passing through GC/GF/T5B, but my previous visits earlier this year they weren't there.
They are at LGW F although have to say I haven’t really seen them at LHR where I find the food layout, rather befuddling.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Muffins weren't there on my recent trip. At least I couldn't find them. No sweet snacks anymore, unless you want to cut yourself a slice of the lemon cake.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
No sweet snacks anymore, unless you want to cut yourself a slice of the lemon cake.
​​​​There's always the biscuits!
Old Jul 1, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
They haven't returned, and it's a travesty.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 8:13 am

Muffins weren't there on my recent trip. At least I couldn't find them. No sweet snacks anymore, unless you want to cut yourself a slice of the lemon cake.
or chocolate mint!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.