Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichieMc
First Cabin:
Champagne: LPGS, Jacquart Rosé Mosaïque NV, Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain. Ch teau Rouget 2008 Pomerol, Sileni Estate The Plateau Pinot Noir 2014. Acústic Celler Ritme 2014

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA. Saint-Aubin Premier Cru La Chateniere 2014. Pouilly-Fumé 2015, Domaine des Cassiers. Tellurian Heathcote Fiano 2015

CCR (updated May 2022) :

Champagne: LPGS, Lanson Extra Age Rosé Brut NV, Hattingley Valley Blanc de Noirs 2015
Reds: Château de Fieuzal Pessac-Leognan 2011, La Follette Los Primeros Pinot Noir 2017 (Califorina, USA), Tenuta di Renieri Chianti Classico 2015, Marco Zunino Reserve Malbec 2017 (Mendoza, Argentina).
Whites: Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume 2015, Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Valley 2015 (Marlborough, NZ), Weingut Malat Crazy Creatures Grüner Veltliner 2017 (Kremstal, Austria), Mar de Frades Albariño Atlantico 2018 (Rias Baixas, Spain).
Dessert/Port: Giesen “The Brothers” Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (NZ), Warre’s Colheita Port 2009

Galleries First T5:
Duval LeRoy 2006

Club World:

Club Europe:
Champagne de Castelnau

Print Wikipost

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

The BA Champagne & Wine thread

I suppose we'll give this another go. However, with the recent dismal offering except for CCR and F, can we even bother about keeping track of the other lounges and cabins?

GF last week was a sad sight. 3 rather average new world reds and 3 equally poor whites. Not even a basic Chablis.
Champagne is now Henriot.

At least First hasn't been entirely enhanced.

First Cabin:
Bubbles: LPGS, Tattinger 2006, Rose Champagne

Reds: Chateau Cantemerle 2008 Cru Classe Haut Medoc. 2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. Geol 2014 Bodegas Tomas Cusine Costers, Spain

Whites: 2014 Meursault Bouchard Pere et Fils. Cheninsolite 2014 Anjou Blanc (sweet). 2015 Pinot Gris, Oregon USA.

CCR:

Galleries First T5:

Please update and edit OP as libations change.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well done for resurrecting this thread. Like you I don't hold out much hope for the F Lounge. But let's see. Though early reports from Gatwick aren't exactly encouraging.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Petrus
Please update and edit OP as libations change.
would be helpful if it was a wiki
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi Petrus, can we close down the 2016 please? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thread-23.html

Current CCR wine list as of 20 January:

Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:32 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Well, the bubbles in First have changed:

LPGS is still there, but they now have:

Bolney Estate Vintage Blanc de Blancs (English Sparkling Wine)
and
Jacquart Rose Mosaique NV

I tried the Bolney last week, and it was smashing. Very effervescent and foamy on the first few sips, but it then settles down. Reminded me very much of Aldi's Veuve Monsigny (which i suppose is a good review for an English Sparkling Wine!). About time British Airways have a British Wine on the menu.

The Rose on the other hand was rank.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'll stick with the LPGS thank you. Let's let the French make the wine and the UK make the ales and malt whiskey.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'll stick with the LPGS thank you. Let's let the French make the wine and the UK make the ales and malt whiskey.
Each to their own etc, but I wouldn't dismiss English sparkling wines, made by méthode champenoise.

Nyetimber, from Sussex, frequently wins international 'Champagne' awards, over the best that the French put up. Give it a try sometime - it is superb IMHO.

I have no reason to doubt that Bolney is also good, from a similar district to Nyetimber.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:07 am

I'd be very happy if BA would serve Nyetimber instead of Castelnau.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by travelwithross
... About time British Airways have a British Wine on the menu.
I think they have once. Wasn't Balfour Rosé served in First a few years back? Or have too many glasses of wine at lunch clouded my memory?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Hi Petrus, can we close down the 2016 please? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thread-23.html

Current CCR wine list as of 20 January:

Done (by one of my mod colleagues).
The red wine list is spectacular! Have to be back in CCR soon.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BA235
I think they have once. Wasn't Balfour Rosé served in First a few years back? Or have too many glasses of wine at lunch clouded my memory?
You are correct. It's not the first English sparkling.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
and the UK make the ales and malt whiskey.
Well, I for one wouldn't mind some of the top Japanese whiskies. When talking Scottish miracles, I certainly wouldn't mind BA putting their hands on some of the few remaining stocks of Port Ellen and serving to us, but the whiskies they are currently offering are totally uninteresting, even in F.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
always happy to see anyone doing their own thing. The current English sparkler is good and can hold its own with some of the special club champagne. Sometimes it pays to look beyond the stereotype and work on the taste not the label.

I'm delighted to see that in F BA load some cheap crowd pleaser French rose stuff and saved the budget for a good English bubbler
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, I for one wouldn't mind some of the top Japanese whiskies. When talking Scottish miracles, I certainly wouldn't mind BA putting their hands on some of the few remaining stocks of Port Ellen and serving to us, but the whiskies they are currently offering are totally uninteresting, even in F.

These days the best that you can hope for is that they are not replaced
with indian tetra pak whisky

Old Feb 18, 2017, 1:35 pm

LHR T5 GF last week. A pretty sad bunch of whites.

Graves
Soave Classico
ZA chardonnay that retails for c£7

The Soave was the pick of the bunch. I'm really not keen on the Henriot champagne. And for the first time ever the chicken curry off the menu was really unpleasant. All rather disappointing.

I then flew to Doha where I am sorry to report that the whites in the Al Mourjan business lounge were - Billecart-Salmon Brut excepted - even worse. I drank red Margaux. Well, I say 'drank', but the first two glasses from two different bottles were corked. I gave up and had a gin and tonic. It was Beefeater. So the grass isn't always greener.

Perhaps I should just give up drinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.