Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:06 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by cosmo74
please everyone, send in a complaint if you're not happy with the food. I did recently and got sent a £100 voucher - I only complained because I want them to know that customers aren't happy, I wasn't expecting anything in return - but if it costs them £100 every time someone does, maybe that will be more incentive to do something about it.
That seems extremely generous and think that may have been a one off unless you have excellent complaint writing skills (in which case please do share a template!).

I have sent in a complaint before about the removal of the food to order. I got nothing other than a generic “thank you for your feedback”.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmcbeagle
sometimes they are so dry this could almost be literally true
Emergency runway repair materials?
pmcbeagle likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I was being sarcastic. The fishcakes have been there for years.

I'd agree the overall lounge ambience is much improved. It needs more of the work pods, and they could do with power, but it's much improved .
LOL, got it. The sarcasm didn't quite land with me, apologies!

Regards
Swanhunter likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
That seems extremely generous and think that may have been a one off unless you have excellent complaint writing skills (in which case please do share a template!).

I have sent in a complaint before about the removal of the food to order. I got nothing other than a generic “thank you for your feedback”.
Yes, I was quite surprised, don't think I sent anything too in depth, just said that I was disappointed with the quality of the food on offer, and that since they'd got rid of the at seat ordering, there really wasn't much difference with the CW lounge, so what was the point of having Gold membership. I'd rather they did something to improve the food rather than send out vouchers to placate people.
GuyWMD and DXB2745 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cosmo74
<snip> I'd rather they did something to improve the food rather than send out vouchers to placate people.
Completely agree. Would much prefer change over vouchers...

Regards
GuyWMD likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Chilli today, not bad at all

There are lots of seats available, plus the BS team are on a charm offensive. On clearing my table, the team member asked if she could get me another drink. She asked what I'd like. In all my years of BAEC gold membership I don't recall this level of personal service before.

Plenty of protein in this dish.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Yes but breaded so still a carb bomb.
I had my doubts about this, so I asked in GF today and was told that the wings were actually gluten free. They’re coated in a sort of sauce.

They were actually pretty tasty, and while I’d have preferred something simple like chicken breast, I’m happy to officially announce the end of the GF protein famine of 2020-2024. We must remain vigilant in the war against protein, but this is a massive win for the good guys. The first time I’ve been able to have what i’d call a conventional meal (protein with veg, with a side of carbs if wanted) for four years.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:44 am

In First Lounge T5 and looks like the crisps have been removed (no sight of them in the usual locations), more cost cutting 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by ademanuele; Mar 11, 2024 at 2:54 am
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by ademanuele
In First Lounge T5 and looks like the crisps have been removed (no sight of them in the usual locations), more cost cutting 🤷🏻‍♂️
They had them yesterday. Hope they are back by my next trip through on Friday!
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
What time were you in the First T5 lounge.
I was in the First T3 lounge a couple of weeks ago about 09.30am and noticed no crisps - but shortly after 10am (I think) they came out - maybe no crisps are put out for breakfast? Also currently no cheese and onion - hopefully they come back as part of the flavor rotation 😀.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70
What time were you in the First T5 lounge.
I was in the First T3 lounge a couple of weeks ago about 09.30am and noticed no crisps - but shortly after 10am (I think) they came out - maybe no crisps are put out for breakfast? Also currently no cheese and onion - hopefully they come back as part of the flavor rotation 😀.
I was there around 9am this morning... Will be back again Monday afternoon...
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:40 am

Plenty around today
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
First protein dish spotted since… Covid times? Very exciting!
Sadly already gone as of the other day. Protein is back to only being available in slop or pastry.

Options on Monday in GF were,

Veg Red Thai Curry,
Salmon Fishcakes,
Rice with Peas,
Gratin spuds,
Ragu Pasta,
Chicken Tagine,
Beef Curry,
Chicken and Leak Pie
Gravy
Sweetcorn - you know the chef is running out of options when two of the hotplate positions are just sweetcorn.

What I'd like to see is some protein around the salad bar, some cold chicken strips, or some Terrine that they seemed to have by the ton during COVID, some bacon bits, nothing earth shattering.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Well that's a bummer.
BJ787 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Nice bit of cod in the flounge yesterday. Big improvement on those dry old fishcakes.

Cod & green beans in tomato & butter bean sauce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.