Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016

This is the annual thread discussing the menu options in LHR T5 and T3 Galleries First Lounge (Flounge).

Previous year's discussion is here and until the thread gets going you may find it more useful for photographs:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2015-a.html

Breakfast

Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast, including freshly grilled bacon, free range scrambled eggs, Dingley Dell pork sausages, black pudding, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, and farmhouse toast. [Not mentioned but always on offer: mushrooms and baked beans].

Brought to your table

Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon, or sultanas and brown sugar.

Cured kippers served with poached egg

Great British breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on a toasted wholemeal bloomer

Boiled egg with toasted toasted soldiers

Eggs benedict (actually only one egg).
(nothing is marked as vegetarian, but I guess the boiled egg and porridge must be).
Note that you can swap items around a bit, so it's OK to ask for kippers and fried eggs, for example.

Rest of the day:

Hot and cold buffet served from 12 noon until the lounge closes. Items change regularly both within days of the week and on a weekly cycle, typically there are 4 or 5 hot items available at any one time, plus potatoes / vegetables.

- Duck and White Bean Cassoulet,
- Chilli Beef (chilli con carne)
- Smoked Mackerel Fishcake stuffed with Mango Chutney
- Salmon and Horseradish filo parcels (replacing the fishcake)
- Pork belly
- Mushroom and cauliflower pies
- Steamed rice
- Penne pasta
- Broccoli and other steamed vegetables
- Herb roasted Parmentier potatoes
- Buttered new potatoes

There is also a comprehensive salad bar. In the afternoon scones and cakes are available, in the afternoon and evening sandwiches and some cold desserts are also served. There is also soup, rolls, fresh fruit, crisps, biscuits and savoury snacks available.

The following can be ordered from the lounge hosts:

Rest of the day - Lounge offer Menu

- BA Burger
British Aberdeen Angus beef, a milk-glazed roll, tomato and onion salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Club sandwich
Chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with Kettle chips. Choose toasted granary or white bread.

- Kiln-smoked Severn and Wye salmon bagel (new)
with lemon cream cheese, Hampshire watercress and Kettle chips.

- Beluga lentil salad
Soya beans, buffalo mozzarella and herb French dressing.

- Mozzarella and basil gnocchi (new)
with tomato sauce and rocket cress.

- Sri Lankan Chicken curry
with steamed rice, cucumber, tomato, coconut shavings and mustard seeds.

Above updated 4 May 2016.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The wiki here will need some updates, so bear with us a few days while we sort this out, there are a few thread name changes that need to be cascaded over.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was recently in the LOT lounge in WAW. They have numerous hot options spread between a Business class/FTL lounge and a smaller *G cupboard (which has champagne and San Pellegrino). I found the hot food much nicer than what is served in GF it consisted of chicken, duck and pork with traditional sides like potatoes and cabbage there was also freshly prepared lasagne. Overall there is less choice but the choice in GF is mainly stodge and the ludicrous descriptions sound far far better than reality. The striking thing was the food was freshly prepared, the potatoes didn't taste reheated and weird.

Comparing GC with the LO lounge is even more amusing given appropriate time of the day and all that. This is LOT I am talking about. LOT.
bzado likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I have a T5 connection next month scheduled to arrive from Manchester at 11.05 and departing to JFK at 13.05

Assuming everything is on time I should be in the lounge by 11.15 and will have to head out about 12.15 in order to head towards B or C gates. I can see that the menus state that lunch is from noon but are they happy to take orders before this time to serve at noon? Does the lunch buffet food come out ready for 12 or only after 12?

I realise this makes me sound a bit of a glutton considering will be served food on the TATL, although will only be in Y!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Assuming everything is on time I should be in the lounge by 11.15 and will have to head out about 12.15 in order to head towards B or C gates. I can see that the menus state that lunch is from noon but are they happy to take orders before this time to serve at noon? Does the lunch buffet food come out ready for 12 or only after 12?
A 13:05 departure cannot close before 12:45, at the gate. So you don't really need to leave the lounge until 12:25 or so, unless you particularly want to witness the Priority Boarding routine or you are very unfamiliar with T5 (somewhat unlikely in a Goldie!). So that should give you enough time to eat lunch anyway. But to answer the question, my experience is that the lunchtime switch is just before 12 midday - in the 11:55 hrs area - so you should be able to get your food in time for the flight.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
That Red Curry is amazing - very true to what you'd find in Thailand, except the chicken tastes happier.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thanks CWS. I wouldn't have issue with leaving at 12.25 but suspect the 18 others who I am traveling with may need some hand holding to get to the gate! For some this will be their first ever flights!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Just looking at the menu makes my mouth water, but the first chance I have to try out the lounge and I have a measly 65 minute connection. The anticipation will continue!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Thanks CWS. I wouldn't have issue with leaving at 12.25 but suspect the 18 others who I am traveling with may need some hand holding to get to the gate! For some this will be their first ever flights!
In your shoes, I don't think I'd be very hungry, in fact food would be the last thing on my mind! Good luck with guesting them all in.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have to work from Flounge all day next week(arriving morning, connecting same night) - my plans to visit office got cancelled - so I'll have lot of time to sample a lot of these. I just hope I get a quiet corner where I can park my self and work!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
That Red Curry is amazing - very true to what you'd find in Thailand, except the chicken tastes happier.
Agreed. I had that on Monday at T5 GF. The flavour and heat were just right, and I thought the sauce had a lovely glossy finish which added to the visual appeal of the dish.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Acid
I have to work from Flounge all day next week(arriving morning, connecting same night) - my plans to visit office got cancelled - so I'll have lot of time to sample a lot of these. I just hope I get a quiet corner where I can park my self and work!
Ditto in early March. Don't need to - but I can either wfh on the day then head to the airport for the evening departure, or arrive in the morning and work from the FLounge all day and sample the goods ^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
Funny, I will hit OWE in a few days and booked flight to YUL on BA in September and was looking what the T5 GF is all about.

Living in Thailand 300 days/year trying red curry in LHR, why not?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I would like to report that ice cream is still available despite now being mentioned on the menu.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:28 am

Just tried the Hoisin Duck wrap and it's truly awful. Soggy wrap, soggy filling and basically flavourless. I never waste food but I took two bites of this and have left it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.