Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 4:00 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
THis has been happening to me for the past 3 days - can't select a seat.
Hi gypsyjaney,
Can I suggest you clear your cache and retry. If that doesn't resolve the issue please PM us your booking reference and we'll take a look.
Simon
Old May 26, 2016, 6:41 am

I get the following when trying to submit API:

We have found some problems with the details you have provided

There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi gypsyjaney,
Can I suggest you clear your cache and retry. If that doesn't resolve the issue please PM us your booking reference and we'll take a look.
Simon

Thanks Simon, clearing the cache didn't work, so a pm will be heading your way. An additional glitch is that when I first logged on to reserve my seats I found that the system had already reserved one seat in my friends name on the way out and one for me on the return leg - just a single seat on each occasion. Neither of us has reserved a seat yet, so don't understand it.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary

Also I have an AA miles redemption on a BA Flight in F and can't change the Frequent Flyer number from my AA one to my BAEC number - means that I can't choose row 1 which as a Gold I should be able to do
Anyone - do I have to ring?
Old May 26, 2016, 9:41 am

Anyone - do I have to ring?
How did you try change the number? Did you try via the AY website?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:21 am

I was just trying on BA.COM - is it better to do it on AY?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:55 am

I was just trying on BA.COM - is it better to do it on AY?
Would suggest giving it a try there - it seems more flexible.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:11 pm
Company Representative

APIS data not pre-populating - your help requested

Hi all,
We've had some reports of APIS data not appearing in Manage My Booking despite Executive Club profiles/bookings being up to date. We are not aware of any widespread issue but there seems to be a problem for some customers/bookings. We know it's irritating to have to enter this data time and again so we'd appreciate your help in isolating the cause.
If this is happening with any of your bookings in MMB please PM details of the booking ref and the browser/version you are using. Ideally we'd like current examples where data has not been subsequently added. Of course we will continue to investigate anyway but your assistance in providing fresh examples will help us identity the cause more quickly. If you have the same issue within Online checkin it may be that you are travelling on a route where we are required to ask for the data again by law.
However PM us OLCI examples too as there may be a common theme. Many thanks.
Simon
Old May 26, 2016, 12:15 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lfc84
I get the following when trying to submit API:

We have found some problems with the details you have provided

There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit.
Hi Ifc84....PM the booking ref and what data you attempted to submit and we'll take a look.
Simon
Old May 27, 2016, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I needed to cancel my ex-SVG to SAN.

I tried to do this last week at ba.com. There's a small cash refund due for taxes. I got the 'there's a problem, please try later' message. I did so this week and got the same message so I tried to cancel by phone. The helpful lady cancelled. However, 3 days later I still haven't received the e-mail confirmation.

OK, it's probably gone to the refund sausage machine and will be paid in due course. The problem is I used my SuperCard to pay and hence receive the refund, and the SuperCard stops working on Wednesday!

Does anybody know:
  • how to hurry the refund along?
  • how to substitute another card number?

Thanks.

BTW, RFS positioning flights were cancelled and refunded immediately with more or less instant e-mail confirmations.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Roger
I needed to cancel my ex-SVG to SAN.

I tried to do this last week at ba.com. There's a small cash refund due for taxes. I got the 'there's a problem, please try later' message. I did so this week and got the same message so I tried to cancel by phone. The helpful lady cancelled. However, 3 days later I still haven't received the e-mail confirmation.

OK, it's probably gone to the refund sausage machine and will be paid in due course. The problem is I used my SuperCard to pay and hence receive the refund, and the SuperCard stops working on Wednesday!

Does anybody know:
  • how to hurry the refund along?
  • how to substitute another card number?

Thanks.
Another thing to be aware of with Supercard - is you probably won't get the refund. You'll have to call them up and have them 'process/release' it.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by flashware
Another thing to be aware of with Supercard - is you probably won't get the refund. You'll have to call them up and have them 'process/release' it.
A-a-a-argh! (But thanks. )
Old May 27, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Still nothing showing. Would be nice to know if this has been reported/noted. Thanks

Originally Posted by headingwest
I've been trying for a week now to find HG availability from my nearest oneworld airport, Vienna. No matter what date or route I enter into the search, it always comes back with no availability. Airberlin flights do show, but nothing from NIKI.

Is there an issue with this at the moment?

Many thanks
Old May 27, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Five days on and I am still getting the 'Our systems are not responding" message when I try to select seats for my long haul flight. Not only that, but the system has (off its own bat) reserved my shopping pal a seat outward bound, ignoring me and done the reverse (choosing me) for the return. Thanks Simon for trying to help - I spoke to You First today and they managed to sort it.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Hi, not sure if the problem here is the website or my (lack of) IT skills - I'm trying to use the online claim form for for extra transport costs incurred due to a cancelled flight (sent to LHR instead of LGW.) But every time I try to attach photos of my receipts to the form it tells me they're the wrong file type. They're .jpeg and that's one of listed acceptable types. Any help/advice gratefully received, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.