Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:32 am

The API "issue" has been explained already a few times for the reason it functions the way it does.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tangey
Given BA encourages people to book online, one wonders how much income is lost for every hour the website is down.
Recent article in The Mirror about an DDoS attack a few years ago:
Originally Posted by mirror.co.uk
Hacker cost British Airways £100,000 in cyber attack, court told
[The] Denial of Service attack - where a hacker makes a website unavailable to users - had cost British Airways an estimated £100,000 in revenue during the period their website was offline.
FT actually posted this link on Fb yesterday...
Old May 19, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: British Airways Gold Member
I am currently trying to share avios from my gold account with another member but when I go to the transfer page there is a frame called "receipient information". The problem is that across browsers this is a blank box with no text option meaning that I can't select a recipient to send the avios to even though it's a required field.

Basically I can't share my avios because of a hidden "required field"
Old May 19, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by IanH87
I am currently trying to share avios from my gold account with another member but when I go to the transfer page there is a frame called "receipient information". The problem is that across browsers this is a blank box with no text option meaning that I can't select a recipient to send the avios to even though it's a required field.
Hopefully someone internal will come along soon and ask for your Exec number so they can try and replicate for you. Awkwardly, the form content within the frame is from points.com, it just looks like ba.com.

Does your BAEC happen to have a hyphenated name? I've seen the points.com form fail due to those before.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:55 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Unable to access BA.com

I get this weird message

The requested URL was rejected.

Please contact our support team on
Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
(calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time.

Please quote support ID 13240401227541179298

II have phoned and its Normal Res and they are unable to help. Have I been hacked?

Also getting the same message on my I-Pad so must be something to do with my Talk Talk Modem.

Last edited by UncleDude; May 19, 2016 at 1:07 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VFC Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, DYKWIA
Exclamation Too early in the morning for ba.com

When logging in to BAEC...

We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.
Old May 21, 2016, 4:40 am

Explorer Map

Sorry, our Explorer Map will be unavailable for most of May while we make a few improvements.

In the meantime, Flight Finder is another great way to explore where your Avios can take you.

------------------and on the flight finder page-----------------

Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

Terrible!
Old May 21, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
My friend has very strange issue, can't check-in and collect boarding pass on mobile on AMS-LHR route. "Boarding pass print not available",

"Your passport and/or visa(s) must be checked at the airport

We are required by certain countries to check your travel documents before you fly. Please see a British Airways representative at the airport.

Passport and visa information

You can check the passport and visa requirements for your journey using the "

She's from EU and is on one reservation with wife who's also from EU, so there should be no issue like this. She checked API data and it's correct. Wife can check-in no problem, as expected. I booked it for them using Avios so I was able to check it for her but can't do anything to fix it.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
So I cancelled a flight a few months ago and never received the refund for it. Got in touch with the refund department who sent me a broken-english copy-paste email stating

"We are writing in reference to your correspondence requesting a refund for the above-mentioned

document.

I would like to inform you that the please contact directly to issuing agent for your refund request.

I trust this has clarified the situation.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times."

.... but the "agent" is ba.com because I booked the flight on ba.com.

where do I go from here?
Old May 22, 2016, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
So I cancelled a flight a few months ago and never received the refund for it. Got in touch with the refund department who sent me a broken-english copy-paste email stating

"We are writing in reference to your correspondence requesting a refund for the above-mentioned

document.

I would like to inform you that the please contact directly to issuing agent for your refund request.

I trust this has clarified the situation.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times."

.... but the "agent" is ba.com because I booked the flight on ba.com.

where do I go from here?
Would be worth a call.
Old May 22, 2016, 4:44 am

When making a booking a couple of days ago I was unable to add a new credit card to my account during the booking process - the option was there but nothing showed in the drop down menu.

I was able to add the new card to my Executive Club account afterwards.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:28 pm

There seems to be an issue with close in redemption on certain ultra short haul CX/KA flights.

On around 16 May I notice that BA.com shows nil availability for any flights from Taiwan (TPE/RMQ/KHH) to HKG between 16 May - 26 May 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com. I have keep monitoring but there is still nothing until 27 May 2016.

Today, I checked again and note that there is nothing until 1 June 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com between now and 1 June 2016.

After doing a further research, I notice that similar issues happen for at least PVG, WUH. (And also nil availability for CAN in Y but positive return in J) while they are all available on cx.com and qf.com.
Oddly enough, while HKG-PVG is widely available in all class on 27 May (both CX and KA), ba.com shows only availability at two CX operated flights in PEY.

I suspect that this is more likely to be a system glitch rather than a redemption availability issue.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Noticed on a couple of my bookings - ba.com changed my number from UK-registered to... Russia-registered. It's basically my number without +44 at the front - Russia's dial code is +7, UK's mobile numbers start with 07xxx... so I smell poor quality code and/or glitches between systems.

Went to check my number in BA EC "Update my account" - my mobile number was removed, added it with leading 0, so 07xxxxxx (as suggested in the little yellow popup), saved - website crashed and I got logged out. On return, my number got 0 stripped out, so next time I check-in for the flight it will, again, think it's a number registered in Russia.

Tried again, exactly same result. So repeatable bug.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by megaloman
Tried again, exactly same result. So repeatable bug.
And repeatedly reported, too! One easy-to-find instance is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24255634-post33.html

And it was also recently mentioned in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post26648788

One suspicion I keep meaning to mention: Does this happen only to UK mobile numbers starting 077xx?
Old May 23, 2016, 3:41 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Minor copy issue - MMB just confused me with a "last 90 days" reference:

Originally Posted by MMB
Recent news stories

Here are all the recent new stories from British Airways from the last 90 days. We ensured the stories that are most relevant to you are at the top.

Fast Track security access at London Heathrow Terminal 3
22 May 2015

Your Executive Club status entitles you to use the dedicated Fast Track security lane in Terminal 3. Please ensure that you present your boarding card to the Heathrow security staff positioned adjacent to the two automatic gates before proceeding through the security channel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.