Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
Am I the only one who has to log in twice.... every single time? On my first log-in attempt, I will receive the "We are not able to recognise the membership number or PIN/password that you have supplied. Please be aware that your username/password are case sensitive. Please check and re-enter." response. This happens without fail. I then simply click the log in button a second time and I'm in. This is obviously a minor problem, and it's predictable and therefore not too big of a hassle. Just curious as to whether this syndrome is limited to just myself?

Last edited by Buzzz; May 29, 2016 at 3:59 am
Old May 29, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Be careful when booking for "young adults"

The BA Website has a pretty severe bug. I've sent an email to BAEC about this, but have had no reply, and since it's not a security vulnerability I thought I'd post it here so people don't get caught out by it.

If you search for availability for a group including "young adults" (12-15 year old children), the search engine doesn't include seats for the young adults in the number of seats it is looking for. However, the site does show flights with an "available" selection button, and you can "select" the button to book the flights. The only warning you get is a red banner under the button which says something like "2 Left" -- it doesn't say "2 Seats Left", so it's perfectly reasonable to assume it means that there is availability for two groups such as yours. After all it clearly says "available", and lets you choose it.

The problem is that you can select such a flight and go all the way to the end, including payment -- it's only after you pay that you finally get an error message! When you pay, it puts a hold on your credit card for the money, and you have to wait (according to BA "up to 28 days") for the hold to be released.

My advice for anyone searching for flights with "young adults" is to make them "adults" in your initial searches for availability -- this way you will only get flights which actually have seats available for your whole party.

Here are some images that demonstrate this problem:

Incidentally I actually booked these same flights (for five in J) with Iberia Plus, because there these seats actually *are* available. However the problem is more general, it also happens on direct BA flights (you can select and pay for them and then get the error and end up with a hold on your card).

-simon
Old May 29, 2016, 6:53 am

I don't know how a 12 year old would qualify as a 'young adult' anyway. It's a term I would maybe consider for 16-20 year olds, not 12-15 year olds.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
The differentiator is the fact that anyone 15 years old or under doesnt pay the APD so there is a lower price, hence the option.

Infants pay 10% of the adult fare if on a lap.
Children up to 12 pay the child fare
12-15 year olds pay the adult fare minus the APD
16+ pay the full adult fare.

in publishing, Young Adult fiction can sometimes be aimed from 12ish upwards - I agree it is a funny term!
Old May 29, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
I don't know how a 12 year old would qualify as a 'young adult' anyway. It's a term I would maybe consider for 16-20 year olds, not 12-15 year olds.
I should have been clearer -- you CANNOT book a ticket for a 12-15 year old as an "adult" on the BA Website, you HAVE to select "young adult (12-15)". So you need to search for all adult tickets, then when you find availability go back and select the 12-15 year olds as "young adult".
Old May 30, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
Speaking for myself, if I saw the words "2 left", I would assume that it meant that 2 seats were left, not that there were seats available for 2 groups.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Booking made a few days ago on KA flight between HKG-HKT. Received confirmation email. But the booking is not showing up on my BAEC page when I log in. When I tried to put the booking reference in, the website says that it is unable to add a booking without a BA flight on it. Is this new? Did a MH booking a few months back and it showed up just fine.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Blue
I've been trying this itinerary for the past couple of days and it won't allow me to find out costs. Is it confused because the pick-up and drop-off of the hire car are different locations?

Last edited by IMetThePieMan; May 30, 2016 at 6:22 am Reason: Pics didn't work.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:03 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Buzzz
Am I the only one who has to log in twice.... every single time? On my first log-in attempt, I will receive the "We are not able to recognise the membership number or PIN/password that you have supplied. Please be aware that your username/password are case sensitive. Please check and re-enter." response. This happens without fail. I then simply click the log in button a second time and I'm in. This is obviously a minor problem, and it's predictable and therefore not too big of a hassle. Just curious as to whether this syndrome is limited to just myself?
Hi Buzzz....PM us your Executive Club number and we'll take a look. Can you also let us know which browser/version you use. Does it happen on different browsers?
Many thanks.
Simon
Old May 31, 2016, 10:18 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
The BA Website has a pretty severe bug. I've sent an email to BAEC about this, but have had no reply, and since it's not a security vulnerability I thought I'd post it here so people don't get caught out by it.

If you search for availability for a group including "young adults" (12-15 year old children), the search engine doesn't include seats for the young adults in the number of seats it is looking for. However, the site does show flights with an "available" selection button, and you can "select" the button to book the flights. The only warning you get is a red banner under the button which says something like "2 Left" -- it doesn't say "2 Seats Left", so it's perfectly reasonable to assume it means that there is availability for two groups such as yours. After all it clearly says "available", and lets you choose it.

The problem is that you can select such a flight and go all the way to the end, including payment -- it's only after you pay that you finally get an error message! When you pay, it puts a hold on your credit card for the money, and you have to wait (according to BA "up to 28 days") for the hold to be released.

My advice for anyone searching for flights with "young adults" is to make them "adults" in your initial searches for availability -- this way you will only get flights which actually have seats available for your whole party.

Here are some images that demonstrate this problem:

Incidentally I actually booked these same flights (for five in J) with Iberia Plus, because there these seats actually *are* available. However the problem is more general, it also happens on direct BA flights (you can select and pay for them and then get the error and end up with a hold on your card).

-simon
Hi Simon,
Grateful if you can PM details of examples you've seen as this is not expected behaviour and we are not aware of this being an issue on ba.com.
Only flights with availability for the whole party should be shown.
Many thanks.

Simon
Old May 31, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Simon,
Grateful if you can PM details of examples you've seen as this is not expected behaviour and we are not aware of this being an issue on ba.com.
Only flights with availability for the whole party should be shown.
Many thanks.

Simon
Simon

This appears to be across the whole range of flights and I also noticed the issue previously. As an example, select Spend Avios from the BAEC website, then book with Avios. Enter EDI-LHR on 1st July for 2 adults and 1 young adult, Economy one-way only and it shows you flights with only two seats available.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:51 am

Some issues with the new 'custom' booking tool that's on the site:

(For info - I've just recreated this as I'm typing although I've seen it repeatedly).

If you do a flight+car from LHR to YYZ 12th to 16th June in Premium Economy from the home page you get back an immediate price of £2098 for a group A car with PE on the way out, CW on the way back - fine.

Do the same thing on the customise my trip (homepage -> customise -> return flight, multiple car rental - to get into the tool, no hotel), setup the trip in the same way (12th - 16th, PE) - first price you see is £1344. Reason? The return has selected to go via New York to save money.

Fine ... switch to the CW direct 9pm on the return. But it's priced at £2059 - £40 less than the version on the standard flight+car tool ... this is looking good - a new way to save money!

But if you look closely - because I moved from a 6pm flight out of Toronto to a 9pm, the car rental times haven't updated - they are still set for a 15:55 pickup and a 15:50 return (which means I haven't tipped into another day).

Adjust the time (pick up 15:50 as before, return at 19:50) - hit save. Now it prices out at £2126 - now we're £30 more than the normal booking tool.

I haven't, yet, found a way to get the custom tool to produce the same result as the standard flight+car tool with the same flight and car combination. It might be £40-50 either way - but it's not making me feel comfortable about the pricing engine.

The fact the car rental timings don't alter based on flight alterations is also a problem because you don't specify the timings when you first enter the rental option ... so you assume it's worked it out and it'll remain working it out. Either let me choose and I'll alter it, or adjust it for me - don't try a weird hybrid please because people will miss than the adjustment hasn't happened and you'll have people complaining about late (or early) avis return fees.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Just added to the Wiki: booking visibility discrepancy between Chrome and Firefox.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by techie
Just added to the Wiki: booking visibility discrepancy between Chrome and Firefox.
This could be a login problem. The system caches up the results from the backend server when you first access the page (I think). Log out, log back in 3-4 times and it *should* show up on the original browsers.

The reason I say that is because I'm using the exact same Chrome version and having no problems at all.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by LchChester
There seems to be an issue with close in redemption on certain ultra short haul CX/KA flights.

On around 16 May I notice that BA.com shows nil availability for any flights from Taiwan (TPE/RMQ/KHH) to HKG between 16 May - 26 May 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com. I have keep monitoring but there is still nothing until 27 May 2016.

Today, I checked again and note that there is nothing until 1 June 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com between now and 1 June 2016.

After doing a further research, I notice that similar issues happen for at least PVG, WUH. (And also nil availability for CAN in Y but positive return in J) while they are all available on cx.com and qf.com.
Oddly enough, while HKG-PVG is widely available in all class on 27 May (both CX and KA), ba.com shows only availability at two CX operated flights in PEY.

I suspect that this is more likely to be a system glitch rather than a redemption availability issue.
This problem is still on ba.com

so one have any clue of how to fix it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.