Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 3:15 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by megaloman
Noticed on a couple of my bookings - ba.com changed my number from UK-registered to... Russia-registered. It's basically my number without +44 at the front - Russia's dial code is +7, UK's mobile numbers start with 07xxx... so I smell poor quality code and/or glitches between systems.

Went to check my number in BA EC "Update my account" - my mobile number was removed, added it with leading 0, so 07xxxxxx (as suggested in the little yellow popup), saved - website crashed and I got logged out. On return, my number got 0 stripped out, so next time I check-in for the flight it will, again, think it's a number registered in Russia.

Tried again, exactly same result. So repeatable bug.
Hi,

There was an issue with the website where some UK numbers were changed to Russian numbers , the easy remedy is to change your number back to your normal UK number , if you have any problems with this just PM me back.

regards

Gavin
Old May 24, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Can't find NIKI (HG) availability

I've been trying for a week now to find HG availability from my nearest oneworld airport, Vienna. No matter what date or route I enter into the search, it always comes back with no availability. Airberlin flights do show, but nothing from NIKI.

Is there an issue with this at the moment?

Many thanks
Old May 24, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Can't book a flight.

Getting the "our systems are not responding" message every time.
Been like this since lunchtime.

Might be one way flights only or first class?

Last edited by xenole; May 24, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
I've been trying for a week now to find HG availability from my nearest oneworld airport, Vienna. No matter what date or route I enter into the search, it always comes back with no availability. Airberlin flights do show, but nothing from NIKI.

Is there an issue with this at the moment?

Many thanks
Seems your issue is similar to mine a few post above yours
There seems to be an issue with close in redemption on certain ultra short haul CX/KA flights.

On around 16 May I notice that BA.com shows nil availability for any flights from Taiwan (TPE/RMQ/KHH) to HKG between 16 May - 26 May 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com. I have keep monitoring but there is still nothing until 27 May 2016.

Today, I checked again and note that there is nothing until 1 June 2016 while they are wide open on cx.com and qf.com between now and 1 June 2016.

After doing a further research, I notice that similar issues happen for at least PVG, WUH. (And also nil availability for CAN in Y but positive return in J) while they are all available on cx.com and qf.com.
Oddly enough, while HKG-PVG is widely available in all class on 27 May (both CX and KA), ba.com shows only availability at two CX operated flights in PEY.

I suspect that this is more likely to be a system glitch rather than a redemption availability issue.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flashware
The API "issue" has been explained already a few times for the reason it functions the way it does.
So why does the issue only happen to certain people and not everyone??
Old May 25, 2016, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
So why does the issue only happen to certain people and not everyone??
Have we ever done anything scientific to find out whether it is certain people rather than certain routes (which is my understanding)?

IME, this happens to me on certain routes (and reliably so) and not on others. As many of us tend to fly more often on certain routes, that can give the misleading impression to some people that it happens to them rather than it happening because of the routes that they're usually flying.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have we ever done anything scientific to find out whether it is certain people rather than certain routes (which is my understanding)?

IME, this happens to me on certain routes (and reliably so) and not on others. As many of us tend to fly more often on certain routes, that can give the misleading impression to some people that it happens to them rather than it happening because of the routes that they're usually flying.
I expect it to happen when travelling to Australia, for example, but I don't expect it to happen when travelling to the USA. I travel to JFK shortly, MMB requires me to provide API. Last time I flew to JFK I didn't need to add it. The same has happened heading to MIA, LAX, LAS, IAD, EWR sometimes I need to add API other times I don't.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:48 am

I've just checked my JFK booking, there are two passengers in the booking. I am required to re-submit full API, the other passenger in the same booking does not.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I travel to JFK shortly, MMB requires me to provide API. Last time I flew to JFK I didn't need to add it.
Apologies, I think we were at cross purposes. I was referring to the need to re-enter API during OLCI, even if it has been properly completed in MMB before OLCI opens.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:13 am

Had this issue a couple of weeks ago - BA Check in confirmation showing incorrect time - not sure if it is still happening -

BA check-in confirmation
British Airways
Sun 08/05/2016 14:39
Inbox
British Airways.
BA check-in confirmation
Dear Mr qc Booking reference: xxxxx
Confirmation of check in
BA2584
Club Europe
09 May 2016
15:05
LGW (Gatwick (London))
Terminal N
VCE (Marco Polo (Venice))

The flight time should have been 14.05 - not 15.05.

Also I have an AA miles redemption on a BA Flight in F and can't change the Frequent Flyer number from my AA one to my BAEC number - means that I can't choose row 1 which as a Gold I should be able to do
Old May 25, 2016, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
how do i spend avios on hotels, from BA.com, i cant see the link on the main avios spend page...
Old May 25, 2016, 8:10 am
Company Representative

I've just checked my JFK booking, there are two passengers in the booking. I am required to re-submit full API, the other passenger in the same booking does not.
Hi Tobias-UK,
Can you PM your booking ref and we'll take a look.
Simon
Old May 25, 2016, 2:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by benberg2013
how do i spend avios on hotels, from BA.com, i cant see the link on the main avios spend page...
Login to your account.

Then Executive Club -> Spending Avios -> Hotel Stays.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by xenole
Can't book a flight.

Getting the "our systems are not responding" message every time.
Been like this since lunchtime.

Might be one way flights only or first class?

THis has been happening to me for the past 3 days - can't select a seat.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:59 pm

Trying to book a stay with avios at Ocean Terrace Inn, St Kitts
"We are having problems communicating with our suppliers. Please call for assistance or try your search again."
Having this message since Sunday, tried to call but nothing solved since their using the same platform.
Very frustrating ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.