Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:40 am

Won't let me on BA.com

The requested URL was rejected.

Please contact the British Airways team on
Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
(calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time.

Please quote support ID 13240401231001357592
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Yep.. im getting the same error.. tried Chrome and firefox .. same issue
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:42 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
Won't let me on BA.com
Having the same problem just right now .... Is the site down? Can others access BA.com and book flights?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Well I rang up the gold line .. IT support are unaware of the issue ( of course )
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:56 am
Shl

Originally Posted by psollitt
Well I rang up the gold line .. IT support are unaware of the issue ( of course )
I went through the whole BA different telephone services with my call and no-one could help. Tried also with my mobile and it also does not work.
The BA site itself is reachable, but the moment you want to book a flight or do a search the system produces the error report.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Same issue for me, with this error delivered both when trying to access the site or when trying to go within the site to make a revenue booking:

Please quote support ID 13240401231037568706

Can't be bothered to ring so will wait for the site to recover. Don't think the flights will disappear as they're to the Middle East in August - not too many people want to travel there then!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Yep exactly the same problem, it seems BA may have just blacklisted us all! I have contacted them to tell the IT Department about it, and the fix should just be to whitelist certain IP's which have been incorrectly blocked, as this is the usual error that has recently occurred as a result of this action by BA.

However I believe it is a much wider problem today, especially due to the fact that many people are experiencing it and BA are a bit overloaded on Twitter with people complaining about the same issue. Just give it some 'time' and they should have it fixed again.

Last edited by cattp; Jul 6, 2016 at 9:33 am
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:34 am
Shl

Works all fine for me now again.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Five days on and I am still getting the 'Our systems are not responding" message when I try to select seats for my long haul flight. Not only that, but the system has (off its own bat) reserved my shopping pal a seat outward bound, ignoring me and done the reverse (choosing me) for the return. Thanks Simon for trying to help - I spoke to You First today and they managed to sort it.

This is still happening to me and I am still unable to select seats in advance, although I am Silver. The system is also still doing the strange thing of selecting a seat for me on outward but not my travelling companion - and for the inward, booking my husband a seat but not me. Please can you do something, this is driving me mad. I can't keep ringing up and sitting on the phone each time I need to select a seat. I have tried changing my browser (Safari/google/firefox) but it doesn't help. If it makes any difference, I use a macbook Air.

Last edited by gypsyjaney; Jul 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm Reason: typo plus insert extra info.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:28 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Kremmen
This is simply not true. If you enter most city codes or names into the "From" to "To" fields on ba.com, a drop-down appears. This used to occur for Australian airports such as BME. Now, they are simply not understood. If you go ahead and do the search (or have a saved search to click on), the "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route" message is always displayed, regardless of availability.

As a check, I tried a search on awardnexus.com. It happily returns results of a QF search, but a BA search reports an error that that destination is not supported by BA.

Will the Australian destinations (I chose Broome because it's even mentioned on your own web site advertising!) be returning to ba.com? If not, can we book over the phone without extra fees?
Hi Kremmen,

We seem to have our wires crossed, I was talking about redemption, when I have carried out a search for redemption flights to Broome it , will show me the destination.

regards

Gavin
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:35 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Mapman
Same issue for me, with this error delivered both when trying to access the site or when trying to go within the site to make a revenue booking:

Please quote support ID 13240401231037568706

Can't be bothered to ring so will wait for the site to recover. Don't think the flights will disappear as they're to the Middle East in August - not too many people want to travel there then!

Hi ,

We seem to be experiencing a problem with some customers seeing this message when trying to access ba.com, if you could please carry out the actions in the error and we are very sorry for any inconvenience.
We will report the examples from this forum.

regards

Gavin
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
We seem to have our wires crossed, I was talking about redemption, when I have carried out a search for redemption flights to Broome it , will show me the destination.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can search for a date and right below "Book flights with Avios", get the
"British Airways and its partners do not fly this route" message. However, if I try enough dates, I have been able to find some that work! Plus, I can then "sneak up" on a date that gives an outright error as above by scrolling week-by-week, and then get "Sorry, we can’t find availability" instead!

Here are the problems:

1) It's off-putting that the data entry field doesn't work. If I type in "bme", I get nothing at all.
If I type in "bro", I get a drop-down list containing:
"Brownsville, USA, BRO, South Padre (TX)" and
"Stockholm, Sweden, BMA, Bromma".
Broome doesn't come up.

2) Often, the search results in "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route".

3) Even when a search result is shown, it's often incomplete.
e.g. For BME-PER on Nov 1, qantas.com.au shows:
13:55-16:25 QF1073 (Y+J)
18:50-21:20 QF1929 (Y)
ba.com only shows the QF1073 availability.

Last edited by Kremmen; Jul 7, 2016 at 11:45 pm Reason: More details.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:51 am

Minor one, based on the number of people this will effect.

I checked in onine using my Windows 10 Mobile Phone a couple fo days ago (I know !).

I was able to successfully view the seat map for a 777 TPA-LGW at an appropriate size and scale to view easily, however when the seat map loaded for my onward connection LCY-IOM on a Saab 200 it was very small and compressed so it was pretty unusable. The size was tiny and after a couple of minutes poking the display in various random places I managed to get 10A and 10F but since the display was so small it was pure guesswork. At the airport check in desk, I was able to reassgin 10A to 10D so that I was sat next to my wife. (For those that don't know this type, the seats are ADF with the aisle between A and D).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Hi Gavin, BA.com shows only one airport in shanghai when booking with avios, when it has two! Airport code,SHA is missing, Only PVG is available. Appreciate if this could be looked into! Many thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Have recently been experiencing a consistent issue logging on to BA.com.

My BAEC number is remembered so I just enter my password at top right hand side of screen.

The first time consistently fails and brings up a message about On Business and asks me to enter details again which it then accepts.

Using latest iOS on iPad.

My wife has just had the same experience using a Windows PC when she tried to logon.

In summary...fails first login attempt and passes second one. Consistently.

We are not part of On Business. Just normal memberships..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.