Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by smedleyb
It doesn't matter if I do 3 adults and one child, or two adults and two children, the system recognizes my son as a 13 year old "young adult" and refuses to process reservation, forcing me to start over.
Are you in a household account in which the 13-year old already has a profile including his date of birth?
Old May 9, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are you in a household account in which the 13-year old already has a profile including his date of birth?
Yes.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by smedleyb
Yes.
Then one thought which came to mind was this: Can you add a person to your Family and Friends list without specifying a date of birth? (I can't test this because I'm not in a HHA.)

If you can, then one possible workaround might be to add him to your F&F list without a date of birth (so that he might actually be a distinct person from the person who's actually a member of the HHA), and then book for the person on the F&F list as an adult.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:50 am

Then one thought which came to mind was this: Can you add a person to your Family and Friends list without specifying a date of birth? (I can't test this because I'm not in a HHA.)

If you can, then one possible workaround might be to add him to your F&F list without a date of birth (so that he might actually be a distinct person from the person who's actually a member of the HHA), and then book for the person on the F&F list as an adult.
Gonna give it a shot later when I have time. Really appreciate the responses. Thank you. Will report back.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Attempting OLCI today, I'm unable to print or save my boarding pass.

I'm travelling from Germany to the UK, on a British passport, and make this journey every week.
Attached Images  
Old May 10, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by Misco60

I'm travelling from Germany to the UK, on a British passport, and make this journey every week.
I had a similar issue flying both ways between London and Amsterdam. I was able to check-in but not get the boarding pass online, on the app or at the self check-in machines at the airport. At the airport the agent could not see anything wrong with the booking and were able to print the boarding passes. I phoned the Exec Club who said they had this reported multiple times and it was being investigated. Sounds as though its still not fixed.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:39 am

Turns out FF list requires birth dates. Eliminated 13 year old from household account, added him to FF list. No luck making reservations last night.

Nonetheless, on the upteenth attempt I was able to push through a reservation on wife's BA account with one young adult this morning. Made res for myself and one child on my account. Oddly this is exactly how I made reservations for my family in February when I booked AA on BA. Not sure what conclusions to draw from all this work! Thanks again.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by memesweeper
BA site is showing

Code:
ba.com - please try again
Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
for me at the moment... not only is this annoying but the page is returned as a '200'. Web developers and other geeks out will know that (a) this ruins your search engine results if Google happens to trawl your site with this page running and (b) it wrecks any automated detection of site failures.

So, we have a broken website, with a broken 'the website is broken' page.

I keep getting a similar error message in Chrome if -- after searching for an Avios award ticket -- I try searching for an award ticket between different city pairs. I have to sign out of my account and back in to do a new search.

Any ideas? It's become annoying enough that I was going to try a different browser.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
Three days now, and still not fixed. How many bug-fixers does BA employ?

Getting a bit annoyed now.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
I keep getting a similar error message in Chrome if -- after searching for an Avios award ticket -- I try searching for an award ticket between different city pairs. I have to sign out of my account and back in to do a new search.

Any ideas? It's become annoying enough that I was going to try a different browser.
Tried clearing site data and cookies in your Chrome?
Old May 12, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
A working week gone, and still not fixed. VERY frustrating.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Just back from my trip to the UK and, needless to say, there was nothing wrong with my passport details and nothing on the check-in agent's system to suggest that it needed to be checked.

When I showed the message on the BA app to the check-in agent at T5 (a really lovely lady, by the way, who made me feel genuinely appreciated for flying BA) she told me that she sees this from time to time, they don't know why it happens and it's just one of many little issues that never seem to get fixed.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:28 am

A working week gone, and still not fixed. VERY frustrating.
You could call them up in the meantime and select the seats, arm yourself with a seatmap so you know what to ask for.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:29 am

Just back from my trip to the UK and, needless to say, there was nothing wrong with my passport details and nothing on the check-in agent's system to suggest that it needed to be checked.

When I showed the message on the BA app to the check-in agent at T5 (a really lovely lady, by the way, who made me feel genuinely appreciated for flying BA) she told me that she sees this from time to time, they don't know why it happens and it's just one of many little issues that never seem to get fixed.
Definitely can't be the F check-in desk agents then, they're the most surly bunch I've ever come across.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flashware
You could call them up in the meantime and select the seats, arm yourself with a seatmap so you know what to ask for.
NP ... I'm 2-way with them already, with that aspect in mind.

EDIT = Helpful chap from Twitter Team has phoned me, and has re-assigned seats ... which now show in MMB and MyFlights, even if not in MMB

Oh, and it's a 4-class 777.

Last edited by T8191; May 13, 2017 at 5:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.