Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Exclamation Mouse Scroll Wheel

Over the last little while, the mouse scroll wheel has stopped scrolling most ba.com pages. (There is at least one page that still scrolls with it "Find our cheapest fares" and all other sites and apps scroll just fine with it, so I don't believe it is "user error!")

Anyone else noticed this?

rb211.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by RB211
Over the last little while, the mouse scroll wheel has stopped scrolling most ba.com pages…
Not having an issue myself (Chrome, Windows 7). Are you perhaps on the new/beta BA.com? (I'm not.)
Old May 17, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Not having an issue myself (Chrome, Windows 7). Are you perhaps on the new/beta BA.com? (I'm not.)
I believe I'm on the "classic" BA.com, also using Chrome and Windows 7. Weird!

rb211.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:47 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Lefly
I am trying from this morning to search for flights on BA.com.
Every search ends with:

I tried GB/BE/LU pages, cleared cookies, changed browser... and still the error.

If what I wanted was available on AA I would have booked already with them...
Hi ,

what routes were you searching for, as we have some issues with certain routes recently but a fix went up this morning which may have cleared the issue. If not then get back to me via PM with the details and we will investigate.
Also which browser are you using to access BA.com as this may have caused the problem.

regards

Gavin
Old May 18, 2017, 1:53 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by SP0
I can't remember when I last hit so many IT errors (and with such poor error handling) as I have done with BA in the last two days. If I were BA I'd be quite worried about whether complexity has run out of control and the systems are becoming too hard to maintain.

Two problems posted above. Then my son's executive club number shows up during all the booking screens, then as "add number" later (same on another booking too). Then three seats selected in booking were "unavailable" when the booking was confirmed, but empty when I went back in to reserve them again.

Latest error, while booking an Avios flight (just before the Amex card verification screen), this beautifully handled failure:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear your , seemingly, multiple issues , if still not rectified can you please PM me your EC number and the date you tried to book , then we can look into the logs and try to figure what is going on .

kind regards

Gavin
Reference #3.5df89c50.1494933027.3bd3263
Old May 18, 2017, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
And still not fixed, despite having been flagged up on the 7th with BA Twitter and our excellent BA.Com Official.

ba.com is really creaking these days, and I suspect the residual IT team are in overload. I was looking earlier this morning for Reward flights, and various things went 'dysfunctional' during the processes. I gave up looking.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:05 am

When I goto BA.com I currently get the following:
Validation question

Sorry to interrupt you, we need to check you are a real person before you can continue.

Please tick the box below. If you are then presented with any other questions, please answer them and click 'Verify'.
However..... there is no box to tick
Old May 22, 2017, 2:16 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I am continuing to report problems with the BA AARP discount. For example, the $130 discount on WTP fares does not show on BOS-LHR depart July 5th and return July 14th despite fares showing as "discounted." There are many other examples. Are others experiencing this problem?
Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. BA, can you please look into this?
Old May 23, 2017, 8:50 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by AAPlatinum
Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. BA, can you please look into this?
Hi @AAPlatinum,
Thanks for raising this. I've reported it to support and they'll look in to it.

Thanks

Simon K
Old May 28, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I still can't login. I log into the main website, click on BAEC, put my info in.
"You haven't confirmed your email address"

I have now confirmed it 5 separate times. Using the app yields the same results even with TouchID.
I have the same issue. I tried to change my email address and now every action, including clicking on the link to verify the new email address, brings me back to the same login screen, where my login is rejected.

I hope that BA can offer some help.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:58 am

Login issue resolved

Originally Posted by crmasson
I have the same issue. I tried to change my email address and now every action, including clicking on the link to verify the new email address, brings me back to the same login screen, where my login is rejected.

I hope that BA can offer some help.
Tried again this morning and it worked correctly.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Not directly related to the website, but didn't want to start a new thread.

I now got the second pre-flight email for my upcoming flight tomorrow. Anyone else?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
because of my VPN BA.com initially shows up as Russian/Russian. When I change this to United Kingdom/English it changes to United Kingdom/Russian. I have to change it a second time
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:40 pm

Almost 2 months now and this is still the only thing I see on ba.com. Every link you see in this picture takes me to the same page. Logging in takes me to the same page. Am I going crazy? is there something I'm missing? I make a living as a software engineer and I can't figure out how to log in to this website
Attached Images  
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by tpict
Almost 2 months now and this is still the only thing I see on ba.com. Every link you see in this picture takes me to the same page. Logging in takes me to the same page. Am I going crazy? is there something I'm missing? I make a living as a software engineer and I can't figure out how to log in to this website
I still get this every time. I've given up using BAEC for anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.