Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by jfknight
I was unable to check in via the app on android, just got a blank screen every time and had to hit the website on my laptop instead. However once checked in there I was able to display the boarding card on my phone.
Yep, I've had that issue since Sunday and have used that workaround for my other two flights this week. Sadly even that doesn't seem to work today...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:28 am

Just tried again and OLCI for the flight works fine now. So I guess it was a momentary blip.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:09 pm

Been trying to book multiple flights on JAL (TYO - OSA, TYO - ICN, etc.) for a few days now and everything works up until the payment screen when you get the message

Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.

Very frustrating. CSR over the phone said tough luck and there's no flights available (even though online shows dozens of listings for different routes).
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I'm having an issue with 2018 off peak dates, the popup located at: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb doesn't have any 2018 dates highlighted for BA or Iberia.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BA Holidays & Weekend Regional Flights

When the new weekend regional flights using LCY planes were announced, I tried booking a flight+hotel package flying out of London but returning FLR-BRS, but could not complete this online as the city pair was not recognised (curiously, just by the Holidays part of the site). The offline fee was waived.

I was surprised that the same problem happened yesterday with a different city pair, AGP-BRS, again just with Holidays.

Has anyone had any success?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jfknight
I was unable to check in via the app on android, just got a blank screen every time...
I'm also getting a blank screen in the in app browser, and I'm just trying to use MMB or Mobile BA.com

The page will display momentarily then go blank. Going back will reload the page, only for it to go blank again.

Happens in both Android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android 4.1.2 on a Samsung Note 10.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA

I'm also getting a blank screen in the in app browser, and I'm just trying to use MMB or Mobile BA.com

The page will display momentarily then go blank. Going back will reload the page, only for it to go blank again.

Happens in both Android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android 4.1.2 on a Samsung Note 10.
I'm getting the same also, had to check in using my PC then the app could pull down the BP fine. Android also.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by markle
Yep, I've had that issue since Sunday and have used that workaround for my other two flights this week. Sadly even that doesn't seem to work today...
It has been like this for well over a week! There is even a whole new thread (somewhere) devoted to the matter. It's simply ridiculous that the issue continues and merely serves to further erode my esteem for BA.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by markle
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the fares screens?

The rendering seems to have a bug and brings up different fares with or without basic/plus fares and can't switch dates either. I'm looking at SH ex LGW.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just changed the email address I use with BA.com, and it has sent a 'Confirm your email address' email to the new address.

No issues there, but when I click the link and enter the BAEC number & password, it stalls, pretends to go through, and then dumps me back on the BAEC number & password page.

Any suggestions?

M
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've just changed the email address I use with BA.com, and it has sent a 'Confirm your email address' email to the new address.

No issues there, but when I click the link and enter the BAEC number & password, it stalls, pretends to go through, and then dumps me back on the BAEC number & password page.

Any suggestions?

M
I've had the same problem about a month ago or so.

IIRC, the result was to either clear all the cookies/cache or use a fresh new browser.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just been looking at LHR-MAN vv. RFS and the system keeps coming up with a pink boxed error. Fine for other UK airports.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ncaro
Been trying to book multiple flights on JAL (TYO - OSA, TYO - ICN, etc.) for a few days now and everything works up until the payment screen when you get the message

Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time.

Very frustrating. CSR over the phone said tough luck and there's no flights available (even though online shows dozens of listings for different routes).
Welcome to FlyerTalk ncaro.

One thing I can suggest is sometimes on the phone they don't realize there are several airports at cities like TYO or OSA, so it can help to check if they are looking at the right airport in the city.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Searched for one way reward availability ex Lon to US. Results shown. Pressed change, made origin US and destination London and changed date. Pressed search. Got original results back.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Website not working for booking flights

For me anyhow, ba.com has been like this most of the day specifically when trying to price flights with the usual message re technical difficulties. Quite a few posts on Twitter saying the same and that BA are aware and are trying to resolve it.

Initially I thought it may have been my laptop but tried another, cleared cookies etc blah blah and even another IP address where I was but it's still the same.

Please fix it BA!

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.