Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by carrington1
I've been having same problems ex jfk. Also...award tickets jfk-Lhr WTP upgrade to club with avios...are non existent for September...have not had that sort of problem for ages. Wonder if it's connected to other problems
The customer service is non-existent. I am trying to book award for 2 days, and nothing is working. Today, I called the BA Exec club line. Was on hold for 30 mins - got through and the person took all the info and said by the way, this is not EC service and he will transfer me to the right number. This time I was holding the phone for more than 30 mins...someone picked up and said this is not Avios customer service AGAIN and I should call the Dutch EC service number on Monday. What pathetic service is this.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I am struggling to book normal flights:-

Very dated display
No stopovers offered,
Reduced flight options,
No prices displayed until after choosing all the flights
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I am struggling to book normal flights:-

Very dated display
No stopovers offered,
Reduced flight options,
No prices displayed until after choosing all the flights
Same here. Looks like it comes up with "old display" (same as used to be with multi city) for all flights except city-pairs with direct flights.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
View/Change Passenger information doesn't allow viewing just entry. Getting empty fields on Windows 10 and Edge.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
This is getting silly now

I'm trying to book & UUA LBA-LHR-AGP

unfortunately it is timing all the departures as 00:00, so it won't let me choose a combination of flights as it thinks MCT isn't met, even though in reality there is 5 hours between flights......
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:50 am

I get same error on booking JAL domestic flight.
(KOJ kagoshima to HND tokyo haneda with one-way)
I tried paypal and credit card are still error.

Any method ? Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mita
I get same error on booking JAL domestic flight.
(KOJ kagoshima to HND tokyo haneda with one-way)
I tried paypal and credit card are still error.

Any method ? Thanks!
I had issues booking JAL award from TYO to SEL couple of days ago - a phone call to the Gold line resolved it in under 6 minutes [no fee was charged].
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I had issues booking JAL award from TYO to SEL couple of days ago - a phone call to the Gold line resolved it in under 6 minutes [no fee was charged].
Did the same yesterday. Had to book HND-BKK, and made a call to EC and it was sorted out in a few minutes without the surcharge
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:08 am

Is there anyway to speak to anybody that knows what they are talking about at BA?

I've had this following message for weeks on my home network:

The page you requested cannot be found.

Either the page is not available, or the address (URL) you have entered is incorrect.

This page will automatically redirect you to the BA.com homepage within 5 seconds.

I'm blocked on my home network, however I can access it from mobile data or any other network. All I get when I call up is switch browsers/clear cookies etc etc.

It's hugely frustrating
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I understand your frustration, but you want help from BA's IT? After May?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
I understand your frustration, but you want help from BA's IT? After May?
I know. I know.

That DL GLA-JFK is starting to look good right now.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:05 am

Is there a known problem on RFS bookings?

I've been trying to book LHR-GLA RFS flights since Sunday on both desktop and mobile and keep getting the following error message.

"Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later"
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by highlandguy
Is there a known problem on RFS bookings?

I've been trying to book LHR-GLA RFS flights since Sunday on both desktop and mobile and keep getting the following error message.

"Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later"
I'm running into this as well, but for any search. It seems account specific, because I have an other one that works.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I just noticed something I hope will help others, if you're constantly getting the following frustrating error:

British Airways and its partners do not fly this route. Please consider alternative destinations or call your Executive Club Service Centre.

I've just worked out you can avoid ever seeing this by first checking the below map
https://www.oneworld.com/flights/where-we-fly. Choose destinations and enter your departure city. The BA website will only show you Avios availability for routes (direct and with connections) displayed on the map. Anything else (even if it looks possible via google flights, or is operated by a Oneworld carrier) will come up with the forementioned error.

Hope it helps!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Added GMP to the list of airports not recognised by Avios search, even though JL flies there from HND.
Their site recognizes GMP just fine.

Name:  gmp.PNG
Views: 829
Size:  48.8 KB

Last edited by Reikon; Jul 18, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.