Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:11 pm

Broken for me as well. Working fine as of a few days ago. Sine the "update", it is now a piece of crap. keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for Nov 22, 2017.

Also GMP doesn't show up as Gimpo, South Korea (I don't know how to add it to the wiki) but if you leave the GMP on the search it will figure it out. I should say it figured it out last time. Today it's broken. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Reward search is working fine here, but I'll need to get used to the new design.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Avios
Question Kind of aggravating!!!

I've been trying to book an award flight on BA.COM and after I enter the dates it keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for May!!

What is the issue but, more importantly, when will it be resolved???
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ddschur
I've been trying to book an award flight on BA.COM and after I enter the dates it keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for May!!

What is the issue but, more importantly, when will it be resolved???
I've just booked 3x award (RFS) tickets in the last 60mins, so systems seem to be working as they should.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 pm

Still not working!!!

I just tried again and I get the same message keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for May
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:44 pm

I just get this message for my award searches:

Error
We are unable to find seats for your journey. The most common reasons for this are:
You may have requested a route that we do not operate at that time of year.
We may not fly to the destination you have chosen.
What you can do:
Search again using different dates.

I called and booked an award flight, though, so I know there were flights available. I don't know why it doesn't bring up the calendar the way it used to.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I tried to book flights for next week. I keep getting this error message. "Sorry, it is only possible to book flights up to 355 days in advance. Please select an alternative date within this range." Hope they fix the problem soon.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My word what a terrible website it has become!

Before I used the previous, simpler, better version to book flight + car HEL-LHR, now when i attempt to do that it throws a sissy fit and sends me back to the homepage.

I have found the fix it seems, by changing the country you want to start from as your homepage you can then use the previous better version of the website!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by offshore_bob
My word what a terrible website it has become!

Before I used the previous, simpler, better version to book flight + car HEL-LHR, now when i attempt to do that it throws a sissy fit and sends me back to the homepage.

I have found the fix it seems, by changing the country you want to start from as your homepage you can then use the previous better version of the website!
Right good fix!

I've also noticed that when trying different days for availability you now MUST change the inbound first if the outbound date you want to select puts the outbound after the inbound. Before you could keep changing outbound until you found what you needed and then modified the inbound....annoying.

I was looking a HEL flights and the website wouldn't cope with the idea I would fly one leg with Finnair and the other BA - I could book them separately but I was trying to total up the redemption price as a whole.

sorry, i'm ranting.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:32 am

I tried again this AM and still keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for May.
Problem with solution above is that using companion tix you MUST originate from US!
Is ANYONE AT BA looking to resolve?????
This is a disgrace for a company as large as BA to have ongoing problems with their website and rely on customers to try to do work-arounds!!!!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Gold
Is there still a way to see the booking class for BA flights before actually booking?

Plot twist:

Internet Explorer loads the old website where it is possible to see booking classes

Firefox and Chrome load a new design where it is not possible anymore.

Last edited by Greg0rE; Oct 5, 2017 at 6:55 am
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Greg0rE
Is there still a way to see the booking class for BA flights before actually booking?
You aren't the first to identify this as a problem. I had a look myself the other day and I just couldn't see it anywhere when booking. This really needs to be addressed in the new design.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by ddschur
I just tried again and I get the same message keeps coming back with Error: "355 days in advance" even though my search is for May
I get the same message no matter what dates I try.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I booked a reward flight last night without any problems.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by kats
I tried to book flights for next week. I keep getting this error message. "Sorry, it is only possible to book flights up to 355 days in advance. Please select an alternative date within this range." Hope they fix the problem soon.
I keep receiving the same error message when trying to purchase a flight thats way less than 355 days out. And then when I am able to bypass this screen I get a repeated error message that says: "Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time. We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office." What is going on BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.