Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:10 am
Company Representative

Hi all,
The Captcha issue has been reported to the team.

Thanks for flagging it up.

Simon K
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Number of issues with login over last few days.

Scenario 1: Login takes me to another login screen
I visit ba.com a number of times a day, once logged in session times out. On subsequent visit I enter username/password in the top right corner, hit enter. Instead of being logged in, I am being redirected to the login page without any error message. Need to re-type my username & password again, now I am logged in. Very annoying!

Scenario 2: I am trying to manage a booking with no BA flight segments
I am logged out (session timeout probably), in manage my booking pop-up I've entered booking nr + last name, get redirected again to a login page with no error message. Entering details again for manage my booking this time works fine.

Scenario 3: I am not a robot
For last few days I have to confirm I am not a robot every time I login. That's very annoying. I have cookies enabled, you should be able to remember that I am not a robot.

Scenario 4: Searching for flights
Started a search, chose my flights, pressed "next"... and landed back on the old search page. On a second try it works just fine.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Since yesterday all future bookings have disappeared from "MMB". BA.com not recognising the booking reference or surname so unable to access any of future bookings.

Need to complete online check in tomorrow so desperately hoping it resolves itself overnight. I really don't want to have to queue at Glasgow airport to get a boarding pass and have to explain why I don't have a printer
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: Varies
When using the ba.com desktop website without signing in, if I search for a flight and click on my selections, instead of being taken to the next stage of the booking process (to get total price and booking class info) I'm forced to a login screen that asks me whether I'm on On Business customer. When I enter my Exec Club details it takes me to my Executive Club membership page. I lose all the information I've entered into the flight booking enquiry and have to start the search all over again. This has been happening for a few weeks - I was hoping it would go away but it seems to be a permanent feature now.

I don't lose my search info when using the mobile site on my tablet or phone, but I'm unable to search for club class flights - the dropdown list only shows economy. I can see EC, PE and CW options and prices on the next screen but not First Class. I'd prefer to be able to select CW in the original search so I can see both CW and First prices - I'm not interested in economy for this particular trip.

The easiest (ie non-buggyest) way to search for flights at the moment seems to be on the app; it doesn't ask for extra signin info when you're just browsing, and it does allow you to search for club class flights. Admittedly I'm already signed in as an Exec club member in the app anyway - I haven't tried it when not signed in. However, I prefer to use the desktop site when booking flights, so I can see as much information on screen as possible.

p.s. any idea when the reward flight map will be back?

p.p.s. I'm using Chrome on the desktop and Android on the mobile sites and app.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:43 am

When clicking on the "spending avios" link I get the following error (and have done on my last few attempts today):

"Problem with your request

There may be a problem with this page. Please try again.
If the problem persists, please check the Im Service Centre page and then report a fault if necessary.
You should copy and paste the details below into your error report.

Server: www.britishairways.com
Request ID: eV4haqOmeiUAAEMpymsAAACX

Alternatively please click the back button or go to Employee Self Service."

This is on your desktop site, using Chrome.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:19 am
Company Representative

Hi,
The issues reported yesterday with captcha and log in have now been resolved. I have raised the issue around the 'spending avois' link with the team.

Thanks

Simon K
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Manage future bookings is down, none of my flights show up now... on top of being unable to cancel a booking reported from earlier.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi,
The issues reported yesterday with captcha and log in have now been resolved. I have raised the issue around the 'spending avois' link with the team.

Thanks

Simon K
Thanks. I now can't access the "upgrade with avios" page either. "We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable".

eta, I'm getting that message for practically every BA desktop webpage I try to access at the moment

Also, when trying to price a flight with outbound and return dates in September 2016, I can select a September outbound date from the pop-up calendar but the earliest return date I'm able to select is 1st March 2017. The arrow on the calendar allows me to select a later date than that, e.g. April 2017, but it won't go any earlier than March 2017.

eta: have you been hacked? the system seems to be in meltdown

Last edited by ttama; Aug 3, 2016 at 10:04 am
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:30 am

I also have the issue highlighted in post #1777 regarding UK mobile phone numbers being turned into (apparently valid) Russian phone numbers. The numbers were all fine in my bookings, but have recently changed into the Russian format.

This is potentially a very serious breach of the Data Protection Act, as it could involve personal information regarding travel plans etc. being made available to third parties. I've flagged it to BA directly who promised to get back to me immediately but have not done so.

Given the recent issues for major companies around release of personal information, I'd have thought BA would have taken this a bit more seriously.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:38 am

Hi,

Thanks

Simon K
I'm not sure it is Simon - i'm still getting captcha-ed on every login - and sometimes on other pages. Just been running around pricing stuff up over the last 2 hours and seen at least 3-4 captchas.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ttama
I don't lose my search info when using the mobile site on my tablet or phone, but I'm unable to search for club class flights - the dropdown list only shows economy. I can see EC, PE and CW options and prices on the next screen but not First Class. I'd prefer to be able to select CW in the original search so I can see both CW and First prices - I'm not interested in economy for this particular trip.
Just had the same problem on the main desktop website. I tried multiple days and itineraries, but in each case was only given the choice of economy class. I went ahead with the economy booking request and, after turning down an upsell for car rental, was shown economy, PE and CW prices. Had I wanted to know the price and availability of First Class travel I wouldn't have been able to see that.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by megaloman
Number of issues with login over last few days.

Scenario 1: Login takes me to another login screen
I visit ba.com a number of times a day, once logged in session times out. On subsequent visit I enter username/password in the top right corner, hit enter. Instead of being logged in, I am being redirected to the login page without any error message. Need to re-type my username & password again, now I am logged in. Very annoying!
I am seeing this same issue. No matter what, cannot login from the homepage. Must login from one of the other login points (e.g. exec club, or after it fails login on the homepage).
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,

Thanks

Simon K
Are you sure? I still have to endure the Captcha misery every time I log in.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer
1. Still have the captcha problem.
2. Logged in to Exec. Club yesterday with no problem. For the past hour or two, can't log into the Exec. Club section. Keeps flashing "login interstitial" and never goes to any page.

Edit...Only seems to happen with Safari. Got in on Chrome, although with Captcha page.

Last edited by kingsroadgal; Aug 4, 2016 at 1:35 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kingsroadgal
1. Still have the captcha problem.
2. Logged in to Exec. Club yesterday with no problem. For the past hour or two, can't log into the Exec. Club section. Keeps flashing "login interstitial" and never goes to any page.

Edit...Only seems to happen with Safari. Got in on Chrome, although with Captcha page.
I'm getting the same thing with Chrome, but was finally able to get in using an incognito window. At least we know they are changing something!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.