Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
BA is still having issues with booking CX' ultra short haul flights to TPE and WUH and even more places from/to HKG.

This is the original post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...departure.html
Hello,

Can someone please look into it? Its been weeks since this problem is discovered...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:08 am

I'm getting this Classic all the time when I'm searching for Award flights.

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Unable to reserve row 1 seats in Club Europe as BAEC Silver once they get unblocked at T-72 from take off.
The seats show as available and can be selected but on trying to save the change in MMB an error message is displayed saying "Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office."

See this thread/post for where myself and another user have experienced this. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26810027-post35.html
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:53 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Roger
I could log in on my iPad and made a speculative booking. I received an e-mail quote at the new address. This contained a link which I used and was able to check my account.

So, tentatively, all seems OK now.
Hi Roger,

Perfect, thanks for the update. If you're still having problems, do let us know.

Janel
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:00 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by London_traveller
Does anyone know, does this thread get read by anyone at BA?

I took a look at it this morning to see if there had been a response or any insight from others about the issue I posted about, but it seems to be more of a thread to vent about issues (I mean that in the nicest possible way).

I don't mind - my issue about baggage is neither here nor there when it comes to my own travel, so I'm asking more for curiosity.
Hi London_traveller,

Yes, it does get read. We do a week's rota, and then pick up where we can in between our usual roles, as all of us work on ba.com.

Janel
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:17 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
I have just discovered the new BA app. I've kept the old one, until I get used to this one. Two things:-

It only allows landscape view and I prefer portrait and
My tier points have updated on the old app but 24 hours later, the new one is still lagging behind.
Dear gypsyjaney,

Thanks for your post. It sounds as though you're referring to our iPad app?
I've passed your feedback onto our app team.

Janel
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:20 am
Company Representative

Hello,

Can someone please look into it? Its been weeks since this problem is discovered...
Dear cysyuen,

Thanks for your patience. Simon is currently investigating the issue with CX redemptions...

We'll post further info when we have an update.

Janel
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:45 am
Company Representative

Dear Hannibal Lecter,

Are you able to send us a PM with details of the route(s) you were trying to search?

Thanks
Janel

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I'm getting this Classic all the time when I'm searching for Award flights.

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:12 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Dear cysyuen,

Thanks for your patience. Simon is currently investigating the issue with CX redemptions...

We'll post further info when we have an update.

Janel
Hi all,
Louise from the Executive Club team has posted on a separate thread on this issue but to summarise Cathay and BA have jointly suspended access to CX redemption availability close to travel date due to ongoing fraudulent activity.
Simon
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi all,
Louise from the Executive Club team has posted on a separate thread on this issue but to summarise Cathay and BA have jointly suspended access to CX redemption availability close to travel date due to ongoing fraudulent activity.
Simon
Thank you for the answer. For those who wonder where the thread it is here.

Last edited by cysyuen; Jun 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:20 pm

Thank you for the answer.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post26813948

It's there.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:55 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Anybody else having issues when trying to book award flights (Domestic in my case) and looking different dates?

Checking one date and the the timings aren't great, so go to check the next or previous day and every time I get the message "ERROR, Our systems aren't responding. Please try later". Which means I have to go in and start again and get the choices of my first date requests but try another date from the tabs and get the same message.

Starting to get annoying.

S
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Anyone else having issues with seat selection when booking for yourself and someone else?

The OH automatically has a seat assigned, for me it either says: Selected Seat: null or Seat Choice Available.

If I open the seat map we're in completely different rows (6C and 25D) and when I try to update it errors out. Really frustrating.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I'm having problems getting to a seat map for BA3296 on 21 August (HAM-LCY).

The equipment is a MHS Dornier 328 turbo prop, but I believe others have been able to reserve seats on these flights?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I'm having problems getting to a seat map for BA3296 on 21 August (HAM-LCY).

The equipment is a MHS Dornier 328 turbo prop, but I believe others have been able to reserve seats on these flights?
I have a booking on the same flight for a date in July but couldnt get to the seat map on the Android app. Keep getting the error "Unfortunately it is not possible for you to choose a seat at this time, please try again later"

I had to ask the Twitter team to reserve some seats for me.

Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.