Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Originally Posted by hearingdouble

Well the seats I was trying to book have, in fact, already gone now. So frustrating to be thwarted by IT when you’ve planned so far ahead!
Indeed. Especially in my case where my Iberia Avios is sitting there waiting for me to use them in order to minimise the amount of AMEX MR points I'd otherwise have to transfer
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Has anybody else received the following error message when trying to login in the App or WWW?
Not received a letter or email as yet, this started last night.

Thanks

We have locked your account temporarily to keep it safe and secure. For more information please refer to the email or letter you received from us.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
Has anybody else received the following error message when trying to login in the App or WWW?
Not received a letter or email as yet, this started last night.

Thanks

We have locked your account temporarily to keep it safe and secure. For more information please refer to the email or letter you received from us.
Yes I also have this. No letter or email. No idea why. Have you contacted them?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Red face

Originally Posted by musehead
Yes I also have this. No letter or email. No idea why. Have you contacted them?
I will be doing as soon as work permits. I will report back
musehead likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I’m having this issue as well.

No letter or email sent.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott PLAT
Supporting Documents Upload Bug

On the Executive Club Supporting Documents Page (i.e. to change your account name), nothing happens when I click the "Browse and Attach" button. Is this a known issue?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
a workaround for new broken booking flow - hit multicity option, then provide just two flights... and you enter the old old booking engine which may not be pretty, but it works and doesn't try to charge status pax for seat selection.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
AA flights are not being displayed when trying to redeem Avios. This message has been appearing for weeks. Any idea when AA will be available again and/or how I can see avail AA Avios award flights online?
ceevee likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
AA flights are not being displayed when trying to redeem Avios. This message has been appearing for weeks. Any idea when AA will be available again and/or how I can see avail AA Avios award flights online?
you can check for reward availability by searching on aa.com for reward flight. avios availability should match the MilesAAver availability shown on aa.com.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:01 am

I called BA, and they said my account is locked because of an Avios Abuse issue ( and an audit is happening on my account), so I need to call Avios to sort it out

I am also locked out of Avios.

I called Avios, and they said, my account is 100% working, they can not see anything wrong with it.

But, I cant use either of them now.

I will give it a week, and check back in, as I am sure it will work itself out.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
I also called BA and was told they are performing an investigation and could not give me a reason or timescale.

There are a few people on twitter with the same problem. I can't imagine what could have caused them to flag my account. I'm not a very regular user although do have a balance >200k points.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
you can check for reward availability by searching on aa.com for reward flight. avios availability should match the MilesAAver availability shown on aa.com.

The online issues appear to have crept into the phone agents' system as well. They couldn't see any AA availability when I called yesterday, even though the (repeated) date-change method pulled both of the individual flights that I needed up on BA.com.
ceevee likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin

Trying to book my Amex voucher to NY today and I am in the want to go via Edinburgh loop. At least I'm not alone, posting so I get notification of a fix hopefully!
Confirmed. Seeing this same bug you and others have seen too. Stuck in "stopover" loop hell when trying to book LAX-LHR on miles (not using AMEX though). Been trying for days now with different browsers but BA.com just doesn't work.

Other bug I am seeing on another route (SAN-LHR) is when checking for availability it is showing availability but when clicking next to book it errors out and nothing is available.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:17 am

yup - looking at booking two seats using 2-4-1 in F to New York - stuck in exactly the same loop - very frustrating!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just been on the phone to check availability as I am also in stopover loop hell. I’ve tried the app, an iPad and my laptop with various browsers deleted cache etc all to no avail.
Apparently I am the only one to have reported any problems
I am sure I am not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.